Annoying Text Prompt Bluetooth Issue...Help me please!!

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,

When I have my bluetooth headphones connected, I am usually listening to music or watching videos. Whenever someone texts me, whatever I was watching/listening to gets paused and Cortana tells me "you have a text from ......., shall I read it or ignore". In previous versions of WM, I have always been able to find the setting that allows me to stop this super annoying feature. I cannot however find it in Windows Mobile 10 because they ruined the settings menu. Does anyone know where I need to go to remove this feature? It used to be in the "Speech" setting screen, it's not now and I have looked ALL OVER the place for it, and cannot find it.

It's annoying enough that I would consider returning my 950xl because I cannot take the frustration of this constantly cutting out the sound (I get a lot of texts).

banker1985

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Here is the location: Cortana, hamburger menu (or whatever it is called), Notebook, Settings, then about halfway down "Read incoming text messages aloud" and select Off or whatever you want.

I agree it is annoying. I wish you could set it up for various devices. Like I want it to do that in my car but not in my house or office.

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thanks a ton. I agree it should be something custom to each device. I mean the Gadget app allows you to add multiple devices, this is a feature that SHOULD be tied to that, and not Cortana.

banker1985

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Great idea for it to be in gadgets app. Would be real cool for there to be a lot of settings control with it. For instance, generally when I leave my house, I'm done with wifi until I come home. Would be cool for gadgets app to turn off wifi when it connects to my car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo