12-08-2015 09:53 PM
48 12
tools
    Simple answer, the outlook app is a buggy mess. I'm not about to reset my device to maybe fix the problem. It's a bug in the app. I'm amazed how bad the email has been on the windows 8 side and with the new universal app. I miss the baked in mail that wp8 provided, it just worked.

Where are the actionable notifications for email???? MS can't even showcase their own products properly
    12-06-2015 01:24 PM
    just noitced i had this problem and came on here to find a solution. hmm not sure i want to hard reset having just spent a day getting it all set up how i like it.
    12-06-2015 01:33 PM
    just noitced i had this problem and came on here to find a solution. hmm not sure i want to hard reset having just spent a day getting it all set up how i like it.
    I'm going to wait till next week to see if MS willl be fixing it with the new insider build. If its still there after that, then I'm going to reset.
    12-06-2015 02:38 PM
    A hard reset fixed it for me, I restore as new, text messages backed up@jon, do a hard reset and stop being so dramatic
    Stop apologizing for MS. I have been the biggest supporter of MS. But don't come in here in a public forum and tell me to stop being dramatic. Stop being a fanboy and call it like it is. It is simple issue that could have been fixed BEFORE releasing this pos email client to their so called "fans"
    12-06-2015 02:43 PM
    Stop apologizing for MS. I have been the biggest supporter of MS. But don't come in here in a public forum and tell me to stop being dramatic. Stop being a fanboy and call it like it is. It is simple issue that could have been fixed BEFORE releasing this pos email client to their so called "fans"
    You could just do a reset on your phone, it fixes the issue, I am no fanboy and it sucks that some people just like to complain. If you reset your device it fixed the issue. Not a big deal.

I am telling you to stop being so dramatic, you have been one of the biggest supporters yet call others fanboys which you trying to insult when you just make yourself look silly.
    12-06-2015 02:58 PM
    Yes, just restore the phone to factory settings and do not restore from backup. It fixed my images not displayed issue. (I tried the outlook account options setting, which did not take care of the issue till I restored to factory settings).
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-06-2015 10:29 PM
    The explanation of a missing directory makes sense. I have had many MS apps fail on my desktop for the same reasons. I did a hard reset and for me it fixed the problem. On a side note, I was very disappointed how much is not saved in a backup. I couldn't believe how many settings were lost. Also all of my offline maps stored on SD. And I chose not to wipe out my SD so very disappointed.
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-06-2015 11:37 PM
    Yea I just bit and did the hard reset which seemed to improve things but still not great. So slow to get the message after clicking the "download message and pictures" link and after when doing that, sometimes images don't show.

There should have been a faster fix for this.
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-07-2015 01:16 AM
    After quite some consideration, did the hard reset and it worked. Just to make the setup as easy as possible, created a new back-up and restored it from that one, instead of the previous L1020 (WP8.1). Now it is all fine, but finding it a bit ridiculous, that I had to hard reset a brand new phone...
    EliteMikes and rdubmu like this.
    12-07-2015 11:58 AM
    The latest update from Microsoft for Outlook fixed the image problem in mail. I am so happy now.
    12-08-2015 06:10 AM
    I have been following these threads for awhile now since I don't want to do a ahrd reset.
    I setup my 950xl from scratch (no restore) as I was not a Windows Mobile user previously but I still have this issue.
    and to jamrock60's post... I have not received any updates for outlook since initial setup 2 weeks ago.
    12-08-2015 06:39 AM
    I have been following these threads for awhile now since I don't want to do a ahrd reset.
    I setup my 950xl from scratch (no restore) as I was not a Windows Mobile user previously but I still have this issue.
    and to jamrock60's post... I have not received any updates for outlook since initial setup 2 weeks ago.
    you may sign in to fast ring updates in the insider app to get it
    12-08-2015 07:10 AM
    Latest update fixed it. Resetting the device was not the right way to fix it, it only helped certain people.
    12-08-2015 07:15 AM
    Double check the Windows Store. There is an update to the Mail app that was released yesterday that fixes the issue of images not being displayed in emails.
    12-08-2015 07:15 AM
    Go into the store click on download and update hit the check now button. This update was pushed out late yesterday it fix the weekly view on calender and the image problem. You also have to set your phone do download the images
    12-08-2015 07:59 AM
    Today after i used the dock, outlook started to show images.

the formatting of some email still is not perfect, (perfect on tv with continum) but now download all images-
    12-08-2015 08:10 AM
    Go into the store click on download and update hit the check now button. This update was pushed out late yesterday it fix the weekly view on calender and the image problem. You also have to set your phone do download the images
    I have tried this and my settings are set to show all images.
    12-08-2015 08:58 AM
    So... Now my emails are showing most pictures. Not all, but most... To my knowledge I haven't done any updates either... Odd.
    12-08-2015 09:26 AM
    Mine is working as of this morning
    12-08-2015 09:50 AM
    Updated my outlook mail and calendar app and its working! While its annoying this was a problem on so many devices at launch its nice to see a speedy update that fixes the problem perfectly.
    12-08-2015 02:38 PM
    not sure what happened, but images working as of this morning...some sort of update?
    12-08-2015 03:26 PM
    Same for me.....finally.... And no reset....
    12-08-2015 07:49 PM
    I just noticed that it started working for me tonight. Don't remember updating Outlook mail but I must have.
    12-08-2015 09:53 PM
48 12