950XL Preorder Wave 2 by Dec.11th?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Anybody get any order updates yet??
I see Canada & Europe are receiving they're phones so I figure we can't be too far behind..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody get any order updates yet??
I see Canada & Europe are receiving they're phones so I figure we can't be too far behind..

i got an update via chat and follow up email also
not good news - was told now ships by dec 18th
hoping they are wrong as the store still shows dec 11th

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you'll get it sooner than the 18th, but if I've learned one thing it's not to trust ANYTHING that the reps in the Microsoft Store chat windows will tell you. That stupid thing has been nothing but misinformation and frustration for me.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully you'll get it sooner than the 18th, but if I've learned one thing it's not to trust ANYTHING that the reps in the Microsoft Store chat windows will tell you. That stupid thing has been nothing but misinformation and frustration for me.

agreed - i chatted with 4 rep yesterday - in part to get a full picture and in part to get my info!
2 of the 4 told me the tracking numbers were being set up
1 of the 4 couldnt give me any info
and one of them actually follow up with an email and a 10 dollar refund also!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so just got an update from a online chat with the reps...

now they are saying that there may have been a delay in the actual issuing of the tracking numbers - they're not sure if my 950XL is on its way or not...
but then he said it might ship monday... or it may have already have been shipped...
Ship monday seems about right if they are going to hit dec 11th.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My card was had a temporary authorization from the Microsoft store for the amount of my phone + shipping today. I only know this because I got a fraud alert from my credit card company. They approved the charge but wanted me to validate it was real. So...hopefully it ships soon. Ironically, when the fraud alert came in via text, I was debating whether to cancel it. Guess that ship has sailed.

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... interesting, my PayPal account shows an authorization for the phone on December 1st, yet the MS web page still says "In Process". It sure would be nice if it had "secretly shipped" :wink: For now, I guess I'll just pretend like the Orzly cover that arrived today is my phone.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... interesting, my PayPal account shows an authorization for the phone on December 1st, yet the MS web page still says "In Process". It sure would be nice if it had "secretly shipped" :wink: For now, I guess I'll just pretend like the Orzly cover that arrived today is my phone.
My cc had authorization on 12/01.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Just checked with my CC company, no movement but I told them to note DO NOT STOP any sale charged by Microsoft.. ☺

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My cc had authorization on 12/01.

My card was had a temporary authorization from the Microsoft store for the amount of my phone + shipping today. I only know this because I got a fraud alert from my credit card company. They approved the charge but wanted me to validate it was real. So...hopefully it ships soon. Ironically, when the fraud alert came in via text, I was debating whether to cancel it. Guess that ship has sailed.

after reading these comments, i just checked my credit card account and now see the pending authorisation again...
finally, some movement again!

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Keep an eye on Paypal, they only hold the authorization for a week then pull it back meaning your sale will be rejected!!

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Keep an eye on Paypal, they only hold the authorization for a week then pull it back meaning your sale will be rejected!!

Per MS chat yesterday, they were pre-authorizing to make sure cards would go thru and give peops chance to fix. She said would drop in 5 days. Basically sounded like had nothing to do with actual charge, just making sure card was good. I would expect it to drop and then new charge next week...just a guess since reps typically don't know ****. I gave her order # and she asked what product it was. I said I gave you my order # can't you tell from that. She said we can not access that..lol, wtf good are they.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh she also commented that "We preauthorize here but we don't do charge" Is there two companies accessing our cards?
I think MS is using a second party group for the online chat, it you call them directly the Rep will email a verification code to access your account..
For the Nov. 16th preorders they didn't do pre-authorization, they
just charged your payment source and shipped the phones.. Believe me I know, that's how my Nov 16th order got screwed up..

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
It's common practice for companies to put a temporary "hold" on money in your charge card to essentially reserve the money for when the final charge happens. That way, when it comes time for them to actually take the money they need, they don't get surprised by your account suddenly being over-drawn. Anyway, I'm sure that's what I was seeing on my PayPal account from Monday... Microsoft wasn't charging me, they were just reserving the nearly $700 in my account for when they do actually charge me. As stated by Captpt, it appears like the original transaction back in November was cancelled by PayPal so Microsoft had to re-initiate a hold on the money that will be requesting.

Long-story-short, my phone hasn't shipped and Microsoft has one week left before I start to get irritated.

This makes me wonder why I bothered to "pre-order" to begin with. I guess I was under the impression that "pre-order" implied I'd be getting the phone as soon as it was available, but the reality is that it seems more like a way for Microsoft to control inventory. I could've purchased the phone from my local Microsoft store last Monday if I wanted. Throwing in the free docking station is apparently being used to make sure I keep waiting for the online order rather than just going to the store. Oh well, I'm not going to die... my 920 still works fine :winktongue:

aliencatos

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
i'm in canada, I had a lot of problem to order my lumia 950 XL, the phone are back order and they open the odor of a fei phone a day a no giving time, so I had to go on there web site a few time per day to be able to confirm an order, My other is in process for the last 4 day... not ship wet....

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Cancelled my order, got Win10's latest build running on my 640XL, running great with super battery life and just tired of MS screwing up my orders(ordered the 950XL twice) so I'm going to wait for the demand to drop along with the price, honestly I think $650 is a bit high.. good luck guys..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think MS is using a second party group for the online chat, it you call them directly the Rep will email a verification code to access your account..
For the Nov. 16th preorders they didn't do pre-authorization, they
just charged your payment source and shipped the phones.. Believe me I know, that's how my Nov 16th order got screwed up..

i think 50% of the time i have chatted online with them from the pop up thats on their store site, i have been asked to get a verification code.
I'll be waiting this week to see what happens now with the order, now that the pre auth is on my credit card again.

helichrysum

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
If I don't get tracking by December 11, I'm going to cancel and continue rocking my MX Pure with it's "meh" camera for a while. Will pick up a Lumia later on down the line. Just getting annoyed at this entire fumbled release...and this time I can't even blame Verizon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786