950XL Preorder Wave 2 by Dec.11th?

helichrysum

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
White... Late November 16.... Just got tracking! My MX Pure days are numbered. Solid phone with a not so solid camera.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
update on my tracking number shows next day air saver...
so that means sometime before the end of day i think - probably around 4pm ish local time onwards

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Dang... UPS tracking number is finally showing results and shows my phone will be here tomorrow. Sweet! Happy Merry Christmas to me! :cool: I hope the rest of you get your phones soon!

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just get notified that my phone will be shipped by UPS Next Day Air Saver. I didn't choose Express shipping though. So, there's no point to pay extra for fast shipment.

ale_ers

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, got the email and tracing number at 8:35 today. Tracking number is still not active, so not sure what service or when it should get here.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so, i got an early morning call this morning from microsoft escalations department - they reacted to my tweets about poor service and no ETAs from earlier this week.
They apologized and told me the phone was on its way... something i knew last night.
I checked this morning and the phone is out for delivery which is likely to be late afternoon if schedule holds for UPS deliveries..
thats ok - i dont have a ATT nano sim - that needs to get sorted out yet as ATT said they were sending and then didnt... so i'll make a trip to ATT store sometime soon i guess.. not wanting to power it up without the sim card but do want to play with it!
Good luck to the rest who are still waiting - im sure its going to be soon now...
Fwiw, the microsoft escalations person said they sold more than they had placed orders for and that was the reason for the delay... hopefully the black 950XLs will be out soon too.

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
so, i got an early morning call this morning from microsoft escalations department - they reacted to my tweets about poor service and no ETAs from earlier this week.
They apologized and told me the phone was on its way... something i knew last night.
I checked this morning and the phone is out for delivery which is likely to be late afternoon if schedule holds for UPS deliveries..
thats ok - i dont have a ATT nano sim - that needs to get sorted out yet as ATT said they were sending and then didnt... so i'll make a trip to ATT store sometime soon i guess.. not wanting to power it up without the sim card but do want to play with it!
Good luck to the rest who are still waiting - im sure its going to be soon now...
Fwiw, the microsoft escalations person said they sold more than they had placed orders for and that was the reason for the delay... hopefully the black 950XLs will be out soon too.

Where did you tweet/who did you talk to to get to escalations?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Where did you tweet/who did you talk to to get to escalations?

i sent a tweet to @microsoftstore
thats their contact for the online microsoft store; i kept it pretty much on topic, followed them and told them i had been trying to get ETA on my order from 11/24 and was not getting any satisfaction.
Took one day for them to respond with a reply and then the next day they started sending DMs
i got the escalation call the third day.
helped that i had a case number like i said - so if you do contact the online reps for help, ask them to give you a service request number

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Tip for those of you waiting for your phone and are upgrading from an older phone (like a 920 in my case)....

If your old SIM card is a "micro SIM", it won't fit in the 950's because the 950's require a "nano SIM". I took my SIM to my local AT&T store and they trimmed it down with the tool they have, no questions asked. If you're daring, you could try to trim your SIM with a scissors using tips from various online web sites, but I'm not that daring.

breadbooze

Feb 13, 2008
Visit site
I forgot to cancel my preorder, so a white XL is on the way.. if anyone here wants to grab it from me before I return it to MS for refund, feel free to drop me a line.

spe317

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
They shipped my expedited order via ground and blamed UPS. Said they couldn't upgrade it because they're too busy. I'm really not happy.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i sent a tweet to @microsoftstore
thats their contact for the online microsoft store; i kept it pretty much on topic, followed them and told them i had been trying to get ETA on my order from 11/24 and was not getting any satisfaction.
Took one day for them to respond with a reply and then the next day they started sending DMs
i got the escalation call the third day.
helped that i had a case number like i said - so if you do contact the online reps for help, ask them to give you a service request number
Same here, I just got an email withcase # and my CS Rep. Said would be here by Monday @ 3:00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers