12-17-2015 12:35 AM
90 123 ...
tools
    Anybody get any order updates yet??
    I see Canada & Europe are receiving they're phones so I figure we can't be too far behind..
    12-04-2015 09:13 AM
    Anybody get any order updates yet??
    I see Canada & Europe are receiving they're phones so I figure we can't be too far behind..
    i got an update via chat and follow up email also
    not good news - was told now ships by dec 18th
    hoping they are wrong as the store still shows dec 11th
    12-04-2015 09:20 AM
    Hopefully you'll get it sooner than the 18th, but if I've learned one thing it's not to trust ANYTHING that the reps in the Microsoft Store chat windows will tell you. That stupid thing has been nothing but misinformation and frustration for me.
    12-04-2015 11:01 AM
    Hopefully you'll get it sooner than the 18th, but if I've learned one thing it's not to trust ANYTHING that the reps in the Microsoft Store chat windows will tell you. That stupid thing has been nothing but misinformation and frustration for me.
    agreed - i chatted with 4 rep yesterday - in part to get a full picture and in part to get my info!
    2 of the 4 told me the tracking numbers were being set up
    1 of the 4 couldnt give me any info
    and one of them actually follow up with an email and a 10 dollar refund also!
    12-04-2015 11:11 AM
    so just got an update from a online chat with the reps...

now they are saying that there may have been a delay in the actual issuing of the tracking numbers - they're not sure if my 950XL is on its way or not...
    but then he said it might ship monday... or it may have already have been shipped...
    Ship monday seems about right if they are going to hit dec 11th.
    12-04-2015 01:34 PM
    My card was had a temporary authorization from the Microsoft store for the amount of my phone + shipping today. I only know this because I got a fraud alert from my credit card company. They approved the charge but wanted me to validate it was real. So...hopefully it ships soon. Ironically, when the fraud alert came in via text, I was debating whether to cancel it. Guess that ship has sailed.
    jmajid likes this.
    12-04-2015 03:15 PM
    Hmmm... interesting, my PayPal account shows an authorization for the phone on December 1st, yet the MS web page still says "In Process". It sure would be nice if it had "secretly shipped" For now, I guess I'll just pretend like the Orzly cover that arrived today is my phone.
    jmajid likes this.
    12-04-2015 04:47 PM
    Hmmm... interesting, my PayPal account shows an authorization for the phone on December 1st, yet the MS web page still says "In Process". It sure would be nice if it had "secretly shipped" For now, I guess I'll just pretend like the Orzly cover that arrived today is my phone.
    My cc had authorization on 12/01.
    12-04-2015 06:20 PM
    Just checked with my CC company, no movement but I told them to note DO NOT STOP any sale charged by Microsoft.. ☺
    jmajid likes this.
    12-04-2015 08:35 PM
    My cc had authorization on 12/01.
    My card was had a temporary authorization from the Microsoft store for the amount of my phone + shipping today. I only know this because I got a fraud alert from my credit card company. They approved the charge but wanted me to validate it was real. So...hopefully it ships soon. Ironically, when the fraud alert came in via text, I was debating whether to cancel it. Guess that ship has sailed.
    after reading these comments, i just checked my credit card account and now see the pending authorisation again...
    finally, some movement again!
    jlangner likes this.
    12-04-2015 08:36 PM
    Same here, cc was charged. They shipped my SB the same day it was charged though.
    12-05-2015 05:01 AM
    Keep an eye on Paypal, they only hold the authorization for a week then pull it back meaning your sale will be rejected!!
    12-05-2015 07:18 AM
    Keep an eye on Paypal, they only hold the authorization for a week then pull it back meaning your sale will be rejected!!
    Per MS chat yesterday, they were pre-authorizing to make sure cards would go thru and give peops chance to fix. She said would drop in 5 days. Basically sounded like had nothing to do with actual charge, just making sure card was good. I would expect it to drop and then new charge next week...just a guess since reps typically don't know ****. I gave her order # and she asked what product it was. I said I gave you my order # can't you tell from that. She said we can not access that..lol, wtf good are they.
    12-05-2015 10:32 AM
    Oh she also commented that "We preauthorize here but we don't do charge" Is there two companies accessing our cards?
    12-05-2015 10:34 AM
    Oh she also commented that "We preauthorize here but we don't do charge" Is there two companies accessing our cards?
    I think MS is using a second party group for the online chat, it you call them directly the Rep will email a verification code to access your account..
    For the Nov. 16th preorders they didn't do pre-authorization, they
    just charged your payment source and shipped the phones.. Believe me I know, that's how my Nov 16th order got screwed up..
    12-05-2015 04:34 PM
    It's common practice for companies to put a temporary "hold" on money in your charge card to essentially reserve the money for when the final charge happens. That way, when it comes time for them to actually take the money they need, they don't get surprised by your account suddenly being over-drawn. Anyway, I'm sure that's what I was seeing on my PayPal account from Monday... Microsoft wasn't charging me, they were just reserving the nearly $700 in my account for when they do actually charge me. As stated by Captpt, it appears like the original transaction back in November was cancelled by PayPal so Microsoft had to re-initiate a hold on the money that will be requesting.

Long-story-short, my phone hasn't shipped and Microsoft has one week left before I start to get irritated.

This makes me wonder why I bothered to "pre-order" to begin with. I guess I was under the impression that "pre-order" implied I'd be getting the phone as soon as it was available, but the reality is that it seems more like a way for Microsoft to control inventory. I could've purchased the phone from my local Microsoft store last Monday if I wanted. Throwing in the free docking station is apparently being used to make sure I keep waiting for the online order rather than just going to the store. Oh well, I'm not going to die... my 920 still works fine
    12-05-2015 05:25 PM
    i'm in canada, I had a lot of problem to order my lumia 950 XL, the phone are back order and they open the odor of a fei phone a day a no giving time, so I had to go on there web site a few time per day to be able to confirm an order, My other is in process for the last 4 day... not ship wet....
    12-06-2015 09:03 AM
    Cancelled my order, got Win10's latest build running on my 640XL, running great with super battery life and just tired of MS screwing up my orders(ordered the 950XL twice) so I'm going to wait for the demand to drop along with the price, honestly I think $650 is a bit high.. good luck guys..
    12-06-2015 09:45 AM
    I think MS is using a second party group for the online chat, it you call them directly the Rep will email a verification code to access your account..
    For the Nov. 16th preorders they didn't do pre-authorization, they
    just charged your payment source and shipped the phones.. Believe me I know, that's how my Nov 16th order got screwed up..
    i think 50% of the time i have chatted online with them from the pop up thats on their store site, i have been asked to get a verification code.
    I'll be waiting this week to see what happens now with the order, now that the pre auth is on my credit card again.
    12-06-2015 12:05 PM
    If I don't get tracking by December 11, I'm going to cancel and continue rocking my MX Pure with it's "meh" camera for a while. Will pick up a Lumia later on down the line. Just getting annoyed at this entire fumbled release...and this time I can't even blame Verizon.
    12-06-2015 12:20 PM
    i think 50% of the time i have chatted online with them from the pop up thats on their store site, i have been asked to get a verification code.
    I'll be waiting this week to see what happens now with the order, now that the pre auth is on my credit card again.
    The preauthorization dropped off yesterday. Guess next time it should be actual charge. So when see it, should be shipping next day.
    jmajid likes this.
    12-06-2015 02:52 PM
    getting the run around from microsoft online chat now...
    they are telling me my pre-auth charge is not really a charge - but just checking i have the available fundds... except they did that on 11/24 also!
    so they said contact my cc company and ask them to allow the charge...
    which i just did - they told me - they have approved the charge...
    so then they tried to call microsoft with me on the line, and of course, the dreaded hold music was there aso the cc company said they would call me back later...and try again then
    before i signed off with microsoft chat person, i was told that once my cc company approved the charge they would release the shipment...
    i call bs now.. shame, as i am a HUGE microsoft fan - and they are losing me and my loyalty with this type of run around for an order where i have already received one item on the same order but they cant give a confirmed ship date for the major item... how can they expect to make money???
    12-07-2015 03:26 PM
    Yeah I got a little worried when the Pre Authorization charge dropped off. But I think that happed before. Here is hoping the next charge is the real one.
    12-07-2015 03:33 PM
    I have to say MS Store has worst customer service of any large company. It is pretty sad that actual reps do not have acess to orders. I tried today on chat and rep never asked order# or name just asked item and what did confirmation email say date was. She said lets go with that...
    aliencatos likes this.
    12-07-2015 06:11 PM
    The MS Store full stop is appalling. The site completely screwed over my original 950xl order, and customer support firstly said that Firefox would be responsible for the webstore adding up the cost of phone and shipping wrong by over 100! They then couldn't fix payment requests when the site duplicated my order, their only response, even at "the highest levels of escalation" was wait and see. Then they told me I was incorrect when I told them that Amazon was taking pre-orders including tax & next day shipping for the same amount MS was charging excluding tax & shipping. Even when I sent them a link they insisted it was incorrect and excluded tax. They kept on ignoring everything until I cancelled the order.

Interestingly they are also trying to blame Amazon for their (UK) shipping delay, even when I pointed out that Clove, Argos and Expansys were also quoting delays from Microsoft, they insisted it was the local retailers fault....
    12-08-2015 02:54 AM
90 123 ...