Rich capture and when to use it?

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm coming from a Lumia 1020 which doesn't have the rich capture feature like the the 950/XL. Just wondering how should one use it and what's the difference with if off or on.

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Except rich capture isn't exactly used the same way they describe. Rich capture can actually make a normally blurry photo much less blurry.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
As I'm getting to know the camera, I will often take two shots back to back, one with rich capture on, another with it off. Then check out the difference later. The file name will show "rich" or "pro" at the end.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Rich Capture actually has 2 aspects.

HDR merging 3 bracketed photos right on the phone. These brackets are adjustable in settings. The default is +/- 0.5ev. You can adjust this between shots. On my 1520 it defaults every time I open the Lumia Camera 5 App. Rich Capture can enhance color and add an extra feeling of depth to the objects in a shot. HDR is shot and merged when you select Rich Capture on and Flash off.

Dynamic Flash engages when you have both Rich Capture and Flash turned on. Take a flash picture, tap the thumbnail and enter the Photos view, if you don't see the option right away tap the image. Use "Edit in Rich Capture" to see your options including customize which lets you select your flash level on a slider.

A closer look at Rich Capture, the best feature on Lumia Camera | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3