Issues configuring Windows Insider on 950XL

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
After seeing that a new build was available, I found my unlocked dual sim 950XL wasn't getting it. I went to the Windows Insider app, went through the process and my phone restarted. Went to check for updates, still nothing. Opened WI again. Now on all my other Lumia's, once you've done this once, the phone won't reboot again. Well my Lumia 950XL is rebooting each time I go through the app and I'm not getting the new build. This leads me to believe the phone isn't being configured properly by the app. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Anyone else?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, everyone else with the Lumia 950 and 950 XL. If you read the story all the way through yesterday, it mentions that the 950, 950 XL, 550, and LG (not sure which phone) is getting added early next week. ;)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Insider is not yet available for the 950XL because the recovery images are not available yet. Apparently it will be possible to join sometime next week.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So are the updates now available? I was thinking of joining the insiders program myself for the first time.

Would you guys recommend slow ring over fast ring updates? I assume you can choose. I want the least chances of having to do downgrades or hard resets. I just want the updates early lol.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So are the updates now available? I was thinking of joining the insiders program myself for the first time.

Would you guys recommend slow ring over fast ring updates? I assume you can choose. I want the least chances of having to do downgrades or hard resets. I just want the updates early lol.

If you choose slow ring you will never have an issue, because they never post anything to the slow ring :).

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
I have two users who are on 950XL (one did a fresh install, one did a restore when setting up). Both just joined Windows Insider today and they are both not receiving the update yet. I got it without issue, but joined Windows Insider when I got the phone. I wonder if it takes a bit for the configure change to kick in?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
On every other phone I've had, once you run Windows Insider and it reboots, if you run it again, the phone shouldnt reboot since it has the config file. On my 950XL, every time I run the app, the phone reboots. No gears or anything, just reboots. No updates. I dont think I'm getting the insider config.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
On every other phone I've had, once you run Windows Insider and it reboots, if you run it again, the phone shouldnt reboot since it has the config file. On my 950XL, every time I run the app, the phone reboots. No gears or anything, just reboots. No updates. I dont think I'm getting the insider config.

My 920 has been doing this since 10586.11, restarting every time I open Insider and select Fast ring. It did not used to do this. I assumed it to just be how it is now. The new builds have been available after selecting Fast ring and the forced reboot. Wondering if we both need to roll back to original OS with recovery tool? Please no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)