Windows Hello frequently stops operating

tschmi1988

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Hallo,
I noticed that Windows Hello on my new Lumia frequently stops operating. Windows Hello works first again when I reboot my phone.
Has anyone else this problem? This is very annoying, but also strange.

Regards, thanks

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking for this thread, seems to get progressively worse. it is currently stopping multiple times a day for me.
Guess it's time for a hard reset.

Challenger51

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I've used the phone fore more than a week and had this problem happen to me for the first time today. I restarted the phone and noticed Windows Hello is active again. I'm aware this is a BETA feature, but I'm wondering if this will be a reccuring problem? I'll post my findings in this thread.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't happened yet (had the phone since before Thanksgiving). I do tend to reboot my phone every couple of days - old habit.

sanien

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Because it is beta POS. I have had it for 4 days and it has crashed multiple times every day. Also battery drains to under 10 % in 7 hours moderate use. No video, no Cortana very little gaming. Bluetooth and WiFi on though. The battery should have broken in with a minimum of 8 charge cycles. Very disappointed so far

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had it stop working a handful of times since release day, usually have to reboot. I've had it reset where It lost my biometrics and had to calibrate it a couple of times.

kiteless

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It stopped activating for me this morning. I have had it since November 26th. Checked the settings first and all seems fine, but it still would not come up. Rebooted and it started working again. Other than poor battery performance (that is now much much better, I guess there really is a break-in period) this is the first problem I have had with the new device.

// Jason

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Found an easy way to force hello to crash, with the phone locked, take a picture and send via messaging, windows hello is gone til the phone reboots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786