Serious overheating on 950 XL while taking photos and videos

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Lumia 950 XL for about a week now. I was a bit concerned about overheating given the past history of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, but I did not have any problem until today. I was taking photos and shooting short two- or three-minute videos when the phone started becoming hotter and hotter. In the middle of a video I got an "overheating" alert on the screen and the phone rebooted on its own. After that it kept rebooting every 5 or ten minutes for a few times before stabilizing again. Now it's back to normal, but if taking a few videos is enough to bring the 950 XL down on its knees, it's definitely a show-stopper.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, I have shot some very long videos (some in slow mo) on my 950xl and it barely gets warm. You may have a damaged liquid cooling system.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I guess that is possible, but in that case I would expect more frequent heating problems, not jus with videos. I imagine that if it keeps happening, I would have to return it.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Came here to post that I just discovered the slow motion feature, which makes me so happy coming back from the iPhone. Looks like it's old news. 😄

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos