Does a headphone-jack selfie stick trigger the 950XL's camera?

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried one of those selfie sticks that triggers a camera via the headphone jack? I have some somewhere and I used it sparingly on vacation with my Samsung Android phone. But I can't find it (the stick) right now, otherwise I'd test it.

(I acknowledge that the usage of these sticks is vile.)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
On the one that I used, it only made the volume go up. I assume they made it so it works with the iPhone that way.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What if you have the camera/video app already open? I thought about getting one for videos for my business, but the tag said ios and android.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't look like the front-facing camera or video is accessible.

Mine says features unlocked with donation and there is definitely a ffc button to unlock. Try "feeding the monkey" and see what opens?

Personally, I don't take selfies and have almost never used the ffc. I mainly got this for voice trigger of the rear camera when tripod mounted. I can eliminate all shake that way. Also on some occasions, family wants group portraits and this beats the snot out of timer as you can take multiple shots while everyone is in position including yourself. I've not had a use scenario for video...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo