My living images stopped living lol

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I take a picture and then go back to the photo gallery the pics don't move even with living images enabled... Am i missing something?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
This may not be correct, but my theory is that when you tap the screen to focus before taking a picture, it doesn't save it as a living image. Whereas just simply tapping the shutter/camera icon does result in a living image.

Again, I haven't really tested this, just a possible observation.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. And I'm not using focus before taking the shot. Just allowing to auto focus. Bit, its only doing it sometimes. I took about 10-15 pics yesterday and some are living images, some aren't. Not sure what's dictating it though.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Living images only activate now when the camera detects substantial movement .

I don't think that's right as 99% of the photos I take are still images.

Honestly, you stated it as if it were fact. I'd be interested in where you got this info... or if you just pulled it out of thin air.

Last edited:

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

No, that's absolutely right. If you have it enabled, it still only happens if the delta between the pixel hash per-frame is above a threshold. So like, every few pictures of a crowded square or literally every picture of a cat. Every. One. Cats are liquid.

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Honestly, you stated it as if it were fact. I'd be interested in where you got this info... or if you just pulled it out of thin air.

I stated it as such because it is fact. It was mentioned in the 950 review on this website.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed.
http://m.windowscentral.com/lumia-950-review

"Interestingly, Living Images are now only invoked when movement is detected in the photo instead of being applied across the board for every photo taken. This feature both saves storage space, and it just makes sense?after all, there is no need for a Living Image if there is nothing moving in the photo."

pakimi

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is also with the 950 but in my 930, Living images are only in motion when looking at them from the camera app, in that little circle in the corner where you see the last pic you took. If you go to the picture gallery, the pictures are there, just not moving. Can anyone with a 950 check if this is the same in that device?

Jeff Pigott

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
None of my pics from 950xl are dong living images. Every pic I took on the 1520 did it correctly little movement or no movement, all were living.

Not sure if it is the large pic settings or just a big bug.

If anyone has this working, please share the size of the picture and where you are storing the pics on sd card or device itself.

I have had the 950xl since it first became available and am current on the fast lane builds.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
No, that's absolutely right. If you have it enabled, it still only happens if the delta between the pixel hash per-frame is above a threshold. So like, every few pictures of a crowded square or literally every picture of a cat. Every. One. Cats are liquid.
my cat is not liquid at all. she likes to sit beside window looking at the scenes and thinking something. she can maintain such status for an hour.

Houdinie

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950..and I have the same problem...also when I enable living images and take a picture of a moving situation..I dont see a living picture only a normal picture being taken.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine works great on Lumia 950...i think u need to allow photos app to work in the background that may help..i had that issue of living images not working...i did a hard reset and try and be on production version OS...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon