01-07-2016 02:18 AM
173 ... 23456 ...
tools
    App essentials:
    Windows Central / UC Browser, Surfy, Opera (some web browser alternatives to Edge) Insider (battery stats and more) / 4castr (great weather app- radar live tile, weather warnings) / #1 Toolkit / 6tag / Aeries, Tweetium, Twitter, Fenice / AppRaisin / Audiotica / Chronos Calender / Facebook Beta (better than regular Facebook) / Gestures Beta (if works on your device model) / HERE apps / Lockmix / Melodia / myTube, Tubecast, MetroTube / Perfect Music / ProShot / Remote Mouse for Fire TV / Truecaller (note need to go into phone settings to fully config it correctly).

'Windows Insider' for up-to-date Windows 10 Mobile builds without waiting.

Lastly, 'Windows Feedback' - Let Microsoft know your issues with the OS and its apps. When posting your feedback, always good to end with 'Device Model, Current Build Number you are using that has the issue, your name'.

You will notice in the Windows Feedback app that many people put non-explained post, for example: 'Bluetooth' and no other info. Granted Microsoft should really clamp down on this in the Feedback app.

Hope this is helpful to all users from Android and IOS looking to try Windows 10 Mobile.
    Like many in this wonderful forum, its all down to the apps that you require most...

Google and Apple sadly are Windows agnostic, very sad and childish, we may have low worldwide percentage, but the percentage is still into the low MILLIONs of users, not hundreds...

Keith
    Last edited by klaw81; 12-11-2015 at 06:44 AM. Reason: spell check
    12-10-2015 11:19 AM
    Hope this is helpful to all users from Android and IOS looking to try Windows 10 Mobile.
    Like many in this wonderful forumn, its all down to the apps that you require most...
    Thanks for the information on the apps, I will definitely check them all out when the phone comes in. With the Facebook app do you prefer the app or is it easier to just use the mobile web version?
    12-10-2015 12:39 PM
    Probably the biggest draw is its pure simplicity
    I think I like that the most about the look of Windows Phone. I am interested on how much I will like the live tiles vs icons.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-10-2015 12:41 PM
    I think I like that the most about the look of Windows Phone. I am interested on how much I will like the live tiles vs icons.
    I suggest trying some weather apps. Live tiles on weather apps are very similar to weather widgets.
    12-10-2015 02:09 PM
    I suggest trying some weather apps. Live tiles on weather apps are very similar to weather widgets.
    Noted!
    12-10-2015 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the information on the apps, I will definitely check them all out when the phone comes in. With the Facebook app do you prefer the app or is it easier to just use the mobile web version?
    use the web version of facebook, the facebook apps suck now and don't give you the recent feeds and you have to constantly tell them to sort by most recent. I think its because of all the add crap facebook injects.
    itguyjax8430 likes this.
    12-10-2015 03:11 PM
    Accuweather is the best and myRadar rocks
    itguyjax8430 likes this.
    12-10-2015 03:11 PM
    I am sure HERE maps would be fine. I generally use it when I am driving to work for the ETA for my arrival. Not sure why Google would not hop on board with Windows, I mean they make all the apps for Apple.
    Use WAZE, it will save you tickets
    12-10-2015 03:12 PM
    Use WAZE, it will save you tickets
    I use Waze everyday on my phone going to and from work. Glad to hear it's on WP as well. Google owns Waze, I guess they let them operate independently.
    12-10-2015 03:15 PM
    Get the PinIT app, you find your website copy the URL then create a custom pin it tile for your website. you can get great online icons for your websites.
    12-10-2015 03:17 PM
    Get the PinIT app, you find your website copy the URL then create a custom pin it tile for your website. you can get great online icons for your websites.
    That sounds pretty nice, I'll definitely give it a look. Has anybody tried using Google Music using the web browser?
    12-10-2015 04:46 PM
    That sounds pretty nice, I'll definitely give it a look. Has anybody tried using Google Music using the web browser?
    I have not, but I would be willing to bet that it does not work. For whatever reason, Google is extremely opposed to having their services available on Windows Phone. There are apps which provide access to Drive, there are YouTube viewing apps, but anything more controlled by Google is a bit harder to get app access to.
    12-10-2015 07:07 PM
    Gotcha. I'll give it a whirl and see if it works.
    12-10-2015 07:09 PM
    I use Waze everyday on my phone going to and from work. Glad to hear it's on WP as well. Google owns Waze, I guess they let them operate independently.
    Unfortunately, Waze is lacking in features compared to its Android counterpart. It is very bare bones.
    12-10-2015 07:42 PM
    Unfortunately, Waze is lacking in features compared to its Android counterpart. It is very bare bones.
    As long as it can give me an ETA on my travel time to work and home I'm good with it. I like it better than Google maps because the ETA is larger.
    12-10-2015 07:43 PM
    As long as it can give me an ETA on my travel time to work and home I'm good with it. I like it better than Google maps because the ETA is larger.
    Cortana is pretty good at giving you commuting times/directions, she'll even notify you when it's time to leave after learning your habits.
    12-11-2015 02:24 AM
    The phone itself is ok, if you don't mind the app gap, again it's ok. But pay attention to the problems people have with both these new phones because of the faulty OS: reboots, app crashing.
    12-11-2015 02:44 AM
    It's definitely the random reboots and app crashing you need to worry about - the hardware is great.
    12-11-2015 02:53 AM
    The start screen is fantastic no doubt, the problem with live tiles is the frequency they are updated. When I was last using WP they were updated every 30 mins or so, which is ok for some apps (ie news) and for others not so much (battery status, calendar, social). If the live tiles were instant live much like most midgets on Android that would be fantastic.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-11-2015 05:00 AM
    Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.xx - - Live Tiles are working FANTASTIC. My personal view, working way better than Windows Phone 8.
    12-11-2015 06:28 AM
    In reply to 'Poirots Progeny'

Random reboots and apps crashing?? Yes have had the odd app (non-Microsoft) stall and then phone reboots. But this has happened extremely rarely for me. Have had Lumia 620, Lumia 1020 and now Lumia 930.

If having really bad issues then fully reload the Windows OS from recovery software tool, once installed then do a few hard resets, I usually do 2 then restore my phone backup on the 3rd hard reset.

If phone still acts up, then I would seriously consider speaking to Lumia Help and return your faulty handset.

Thats my 2 cents...
    Last edited by klaw81; 12-11-2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: be clearer
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    12-11-2015 06:34 AM
    itguyjax8430
    With the Facebook app do you prefer the app or is it easier to just use the mobile web version?

Unlike most people am not a Facebook user, so can't comment on how good or bad the apps or web version is. I merely look at odd posts via the wifes Facebook page.
    12-11-2015 06:40 AM
    When I was last using WP they were updated every 30 mins or so, which is ok for some apps (ie news) and for others not so much (battery status, calendar, social).
    Did you see a big battery drain from all the live tiles?
    12-11-2015 08:02 AM
    If having really bad issues then fully reload the Windows OS from recovery software tool, once installed then do a few hard resets, I usually do 2 then restore my phone backup on the 3rd hard reset
    When my phone finally arrives I am going to update it to 10 before I start to set it up. I'll make sure to reset it after the update just to clear out the cob webs.
    12-11-2015 08:03 AM
    Did you see a big battery drain from all the live tiles?
    No. The processing power needed for the live tiles isn't great., neither is there a great deal of data pushed with each update period (it's meant to be quick and concise).
    libra89 likes this.
    12-11-2015 08:05 AM
173 ... 23456 ...