Very long time Android user thinking about trying out the Lumia 950 XL

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the information on the apps, I will definitely check them all out when the phone comes in. With the Facebook app do you prefer the app or is it easier to just use the mobile web version?

use the web version of facebook, the facebook apps suck now and don't give you the recent feeds and you have to constantly tell them to sort by most recent. I think its because of all the add crap facebook injects.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Get the PinIT app, you find your website copy the URL then create a custom pin it tile for your website. you can get great online icons for your websites.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
That sounds pretty nice, I'll definitely give it a look. Has anybody tried using Google Music using the web browser?

I have not, but I would be willing to bet that it does not work. For whatever reason, Google is extremely opposed to having their services available on Windows Phone. There are apps which provide access to Drive, there are YouTube viewing apps, but anything more controlled by Google is a bit harder to get app access to.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as it can give me an ETA on my travel time to work and home I'm good with it. I like it better than Google maps because the ETA is larger.

Cortana is pretty good at giving you commuting times/directions, she'll even notify you when it's time to leave after learning your habits.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The phone itself is ok, if you don't mind the app gap, again it's ok. But pay attention to the problems people have with both these new phones because of the faulty OS: reboots, app crashing.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I like that the most about the look of Windows Phone. I am interested on how much I will like the live tiles vs icons.

The start screen is fantastic no doubt, the problem with live tiles is the frequency they are updated. When I was last using WP they were updated every 30 mins or so, which is ok for some apps (ie news) and for others not so much (battery status, calendar, social). If the live tiles were instant live much like most midgets on Android that would be fantastic.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

klaw81

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.xx - - Live Tiles are working FANTASTIC. My personal view, working way better than Windows Phone 8.

klaw81

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
In reply to 'Poirots Progeny'

Random reboots and apps crashing?? Yes have had the odd app (non-Microsoft) stall and then phone reboots. But this has happened extremely rarely for me. Have had Lumia 620, Lumia 1020 and now Lumia 930.

If having really bad issues then fully reload the Windows OS from recovery software tool, once installed then do a few hard resets, I usually do 2 then restore my phone backup on the 3rd hard reset.

If phone still acts up, then I would seriously consider speaking to Lumia Help and return your faulty handset.

Thats my 2 cents...

Last edited:

klaw81

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
itguyjax8430
With the Facebook app do you prefer the app or is it easier to just use the mobile web version?

Unlike most people am not a Facebook user, so can't comment on how good or bad the apps or web version is. I merely look at odd posts via the wifes Facebook page.

itguyjax8430

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
If having really bad issues then fully reload the Windows OS from recovery software tool, once installed then do a few hard resets, I usually do 2 then restore my phone backup on the 3rd hard reset

When my phone finally arrives I am going to update it to 10 before I start to set it up. I'll make sure to reset it after the update just to clear out the cob webs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo