AUSTRALIANS: Lumia 950 XL/ Lumia 950 Waiting Game/ 1st Impression/ Review/ roblems

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
i just realised im missing the 'lumia offers' app and i cant seem to download it from the store either!

must have gone in the .29 update!

Andrew Whitby

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Didn't we agree that you have got yourself a dud unit? Time for a replacement! Such issues are baffling to me as I am not experiencing any of those! Battery performance seems to be improving every day (I'm using it less maybe?). Draining quicker than it charges is outrageous... (even when playing heavy games). Also, Hey Cortana is definitely not available on W10M outside USA it seems (Unlike 8.1). Canadians are having the same problem haha. But this can't be too far around the corner.

We had, but then a I woke and it was all fine for two whole days, got a good day out of it every thing was working it was devine.

Put my S.D card in it and kaput, it's even worse now. Apps are crashing and same battery and heating issues, so I took out the card and nothing has has corrected

Re Hey Cortana, well I'm glad I wasn't the only one looking for it, but MS should make it clear that it's North America only at the moment.

leorash007

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Some apps that were not working with Windows Phone 8.1 are now working in XL Windows Phone 10 store
viz. Australia Post, Old Urbanspoon working really well

the-scotsman

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean ghost apps?

Apps starting in the background by themselves? If that's happening, maybe it's auto updating or refreshing content, or getting location, or something like that?

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
What I meant was if you close any app, it stills run in the background, like the old Lumia's with Windows 8 when you had to press the back button multiple times to close everything thats running.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
press and hold the back button and manually close them. or stop them from bring able to run in the background with the battery saver

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes tried that closing apps manually, but still some recent apps continue to run in background and have to close them using the old Windows 8 trick of pressing the back button multiple times until everything closes. I think I got this problem after the .29 update!

press and hold the back button and manually close them. or stop them from bring able to run in the background with the battery saver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786