AUSTRALIANS: Lumia 950 XL/ Lumia 950 Waiting Game/ 1st Impression/ Review/ roblems

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You can get the Dock now!

Well, I am disappointed but I want to stick it out because I love my 930.

Issues :angry: :
- Overheating and excessive battery usages, as in it drains over 20% in an hour when sitting idle and remains hot. When it's charging I'm scared the house will burn down and it takes forever to charge.
- Issues sending/receiving SMS, seems to have fixed itself now, but the hole process seems buggy and it's not bringing my SMS's across from the update.
- Next to none of the Windows Phone 8.1 apps work, they just crash when I open them, I was under the impression that they were compatible.
- This one I am blaming on CBA, but their bank app is the original one from WP7 and now WP8.1, and it crashes.

- The phone is beautiful, I thought I was going to be a bit disappointed that it was plastic, but M/S has pulled it off, it doesn't try to hide the fact that it is.
- Feels sturdy, yet impressively light.
- Windows Hello, well Hello you little beauty.
- USB C cable and charger !
- Small screen mode
- Turn the messaging app on it's side and it's great.

Any thoughts or ideas for my issues ?

As others have said it was a little disappointing about not getting the dock, but I did get a free 200GB microSD from Harvey Norman because I pre-ordered, so I think that is a good little bonus.

Cheers Guys

zilchspam

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Reset the Phone and choose US as location and language, you get a few extra software options here and there (eg linking Xbox in Cortana). If you don't do it from first reset it will continually try and change you back to Australian keyboard and language and stop Cortana working. You can still set the time correctly with US location.

Andrew Whitby

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So turns out I had a deffective device, got a new one, going good so far, battery life is good (not great, but I imagine it will improve).

Having a few random bugs, but I'll forgive Windows 10 for that, it was rushed to market I hear.

My main gripe is Cortana not reading text's out in my car anymore, she tells me I got them, asks if I want to read it and then she will turn the radio back on and sometimes read it after a few seconds.

Also I think Microsoft should implement a lockable folder that excludes stuff from the library, on the OS from mobile to pc. Just seems like a good feature.

Cheers for the Display Dock too guys !

Cheers

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
So turns out I had a deffective device, got a new one, going good so far, battery life is good (not great, but I imagine it will improve).

Having a few random bugs, but I'll forgive Windows 10 for that, it was rushed to market I hear.

My main gripe is Cortana not reading text's out in my car anymore, she tells me I got them, asks if I want to read it and then she will turn the radio back on and sometimes read it after a few seconds.

Also I think Microsoft should implement a lockable folder that excludes stuff from the library, on the OS from mobile to pc. Just seems like a good feature.

Cheers for the Display Dock too guys !

Cheers

About time! The cortana issue I suspect is probably related to general bluetooth issues that others are experiencing. Software related definitely.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
it hasnt been the quoted 6-8 weeks so i would imagine people wont be getting them yet. not to mention the christmas/new year break..........

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Just received red and gold mozo case. Looks premium as hell! Power button requires the slightest more push, but otherwise the others have nice tactile feedback. This is day 1, so far so good :D

p.s. CREAKS ARE NO MORE

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Just remember there was no offer of display dock at first with our release of 950/XL

So maybe we just need to wait............

rnrmf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Just remember there was no offer of display dock at first with our release of 950/XL

So maybe we just need to wait............

MSAU twitter implies we won't be getting the Office deal. I'm conflicted on hoping they offer it, as my subscription renews in 2 weeks anyway. It'd be typical for us to get that offer a week later.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)