Amazon UK Orders Delayed until Dec20th :(

billy townsend

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I also just got an email saying my order was put back to the 21st. Not happy at all. I thought amazon had a mort realistic timeframe for release. What happens? They push it back too.

I may well cancel and go with carphone warehouse even though amazon was slightly cheaper.

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
canceled my order with amazon last week when i stupidly ordered one with argos ,trying to find out any info from them is like nailing jelly to a tree,

i ordered one with CPW tonight and just had a conformation off carriers it will be here tomorrow 8th ,

just need to cancel and get refund off argos .

AceLimbu

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Same here :( oh the agony...Might go check out at CW store tomorrow as their site say they got the white one in stock.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Cancelled my Amazon order, hope CPW can deliver (given my previous issues with the MS store too I am really hoping for 3rd time lucky...). It really should not take this amount of effort to get a phone.

Mumbler79

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Very frustrating. It just seems odd the whole way this ahem... "launch" has been handled. The fact they had a later release date to start with makes me wonder where they're sourcing their handsets from or why they're getting treated like a second tier outlet. I'm pretty much stuck with amazon as I'm using a ?100 gift voucher so I'll just have to wait it out... Oh well, it's only a phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not just Amazon UK. I got an email from Clove saying dispatch will be delayed until 9-12. I really hope it ships then, it's got long journey across the pond to get to my house :(

billy townsend

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Canceled the order from Amazon and ordered from car phone warehouse. Just got a text saying it's been dispatched to my local store so i should be able to pick it up in a few days. :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I decided to stick with the Amazon pre-order even with it moving back to 20th December. I figure that in the long run the customer service from Amazon will be worth it if something goes wrong down the line.

AceLimbu

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Update: Went to CPW today and ordered one, and just got a text saying DPD will deliver it to me tomorrow! Cancelled my amazons delivery as CPW is only ?5 more then amazon's price and don't have to wait until 21st of Dec..

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine from CPW today, not had any further emails regarding dispatch. Hopefully they still have some stock.

Ok, turns out the Carphone Warehouse website was lying when saying in stock and available for delivery next day (on the 7th).
Rang last night (Tues) and was told it was in tracking and would be delivered today (Weds), turns out this was a lie (the customer service person did sound like they didn't give a **** and would rather be chatting to their mates). Rang today after hearing nothing more, and was told it was only released yesterday and they had no stock. When I said what the website says and what I was told last night they basically said I was lying, when I said I could send a screenshot of the website and that they would have a recording of the phone conversation they backed down, but couldn't explain what had gone wrong. They then suggested that I go in store to collect it from their stock I asked them to check which stores had stock, and eventually they came back and said none had. They have no idea when they will get stock, indeed not much idea about anything. They treated me cancelling the order as if it was an everyday occurance that they didn't give a **** about.
Oh well, back to waiting with Amazon....

Mumbler79

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I ordered yesterday with CPW and my 950xl is due to be delivered in the next 30 minutes (you've got to love DPD's delivery tracking/driver stalking). I know others ordered and have had theirs delivered so they definitely had stock.

Sounds like CPW's customer service could do with a few refresher sessions.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2