Amazon UK Orders Delayed until Dec20th :(

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I too have just spoken to CPW on the phone. I phoned regarding not having received a dispatch email. I was told that the phone is in stock, and should expect delivery tomorrow. However, as the order was made by my wife, he was unable to tell me any more about my order due to confidentiality bull$h!t

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I too have just spoken to CPW on the phone. I phoned regarding not having received a dispatch email. I was told that the phone is in stock, and should expect delivery tomorrow. However, as the order was made by my wife, he was unable to tell me any more about my order due to confidentiality bull$h!t

That will be interesting to see if that arrives. Certainly that is what they said when I called them last night, but it appears they just wanted to get me off the line and weren't telling the truth.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
CPW website is now saying 22nd Dec for the Black, but it's showing the white as in stock now

Edit - Now both colours are showing out of stock and 22nd Dec date

Last edited:

AceLimbu

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Lumia 950xl white today prior to ordering it yesterday from them, they told me they had around 21 of the phones in stock at their warehouse, guess I was lucky.

Delitus

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Was in the exact same boat - order from Amazon got delayed. I ended up cancelling the pre-order, as I wouldn't be around near Christmas to receive the phone. Luckily, I placed an order with TI Ltd yesterday, and the elusive 950 XL arrived this morning. :D It was slightly cheaper than Amazon, and I was able to redeem the free display dock with no issues, so I am quite happy with how things turned out.

As for the phone itself - it has exceeded my expectations in every way. After reading so much negativity around it, I was not expecting the phone to be so good! Of course, I have only had this unit for half a day, so it could be that there are issues which I have yet to notice.

Some quick observations:
- Windows Hello seems to work better with more training. It didn't work as reliably as I would have liked at first, but it already feels much better after several 'training' sessions through the settings page. Note that with the later training sessions, I just ignored the instructions to take off my glasses, and kept them on throughout - that may have been a factor.
- No creaking issues on this unit, luckily. There is a very slight give when I push the cover on its lower backside, but I cannot get the unit to creak at all, no matter how hard I grip on the sides.
- The button layout is rather... interesting. I am still getting used to the power button's new location, but it is noticeably recessed compared to the two volume buttons on its side, so that does help in 'feeling' it out.
- The unit does not feel cheap at all, at least in my opinion. It is light (maybe about a third lighter than the 1520?), but feeling light and feeling cheap are two very different things. The plastic back cover feels very similar to the texture of previous high-end Lumias; if you liked the feel of the 1520, you will probably like this one also.
- My unit is CV-GB, but the 'System' -> 'About' page shows AT&T's website and number on it. Interesting? Regardless, it is working without issues on the Three network.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Take care pre-ordering with CPW.
My latest experience with Carphone Warehouse customer services. I cancelled my order because they lied about having it in stock for next day delivery. Cancellation 'went through', but they still charged by card and didn't refund the ?470 because I "didn't ask for a refund"...so they had ?470 sat on my 'account' just waiting with no order. I ask for a refund and initial response is that it will take 7-14 days, when I queried that they went away and came back with 3-5 working days....

Last edited:

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My unit is CV-GB, but the 'System' -> 'About' page shows AT&T's website and number on it. Interesting? Regardless, it is working without issues on the Three network.

I wonder if this is the "software issue" that Argos claimed was delaying their stock

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered the black one from amazon, initially wanted white, but not hard to change this phones appearance. With expedited delivery it SHOULD be with me Saturday 12th.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
What a palava this has been - Amazon have the Black handset in stock for delivery tomorrow. I've ordered but holding my pre-order for the White (still saying 20th) until I get the dispatch email.

gr021857

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Cancelled my white order before and ordered the black one (will get a mozo back for it anyway). Ordered at 2:10pm UK and I haven't had an email yet but the order status has changed to dispatched and says it will be delivered tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up guys.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If it helps anyone, I found the order confirmation and dispatch emails came hours later than usual. I kept checking my Amazon account so I saw last night it was with the courier, but the email to let me know came this morning, and then the "we're delivering this item today" email right after that. Perhaps Christmas volume is delaying their notifications. Either way, sitting here playing Xbox, impatiently waiting for the doorbell!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb