12-14-2015 10:15 AM
56 123
tools
    topic
    12-07-2015 03:01 PM
    How badly can MS screw up this launch. Pre-order partners not getting stock for almost 3 weeks after launch is just shoddy.
    12-07-2015 03:07 PM
    Just had the e-mail. Cancelled. Ordered from MS WITH the free dock.

No actual ship date on the MS store though (That I could casually see?)
    12-07-2015 03:27 PM
    How badly can MS screw up this launch. Pre-order partners not getting stock for almost 3 weeks after launch is just shoddy.
    They are certainly getting the phones into the hands of the fans aren't they? ;)
    12-07-2015 03:30 PM
    Same here, mine says the 21st now though, moved back from the 12th (White 950 xl)
    12-07-2015 03:59 PM
    Well... This is frustrating. Contemplating cancelling my pre order with amazon now.
    AceLimbu likes this.
    12-07-2015 04:07 PM
    I also just got an email saying my order was put back to the 21st. Not happy at all. I thought amazon had a mort realistic timeframe for release. What happens? They push it back too.

I may well cancel and go with carphone warehouse even though amazon was slightly cheaper.
    12-07-2015 04:12 PM
    canceled my order with amazon last week when i stupidly ordered one with argos ,trying to find out any info from them is like nailing jelly to a tree,

i ordered one with CPW tonight and just had a conformation off carriers it will be here tomorrow 8th ,

just need to cancel and get refund off argos .
    12-07-2015 04:44 PM
    Same here :( oh the agony...Might go check out at CW store tomorrow as their site say they got the white one in stock.
    12-07-2015 05:04 PM
    Cancelled my Amazon order, hope CPW can deliver (given my previous issues with the MS store too I am really hoping for 3rd time lucky...). It really should not take this amount of effort to get a phone.
    12-07-2015 05:25 PM
    Very frustrating. It just seems odd the whole way this ahem... "launch" has been handled. The fact they had a later release date to start with makes me wonder where they're sourcing their handsets from or why they're getting treated like a second tier outlet. I'm pretty much stuck with amazon as I'm using a 100 gift voucher so I'll just have to wait it out... Oh well, it's only a phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    12-07-2015 06:45 PM
    It's not just Amazon UK. I got an email from Clove saying dispatch will be delayed until 9-12. I really hope it ships then, it's got long journey across the pond to get to my house :(
    12-07-2015 06:45 PM
    Canceled the order from Amazon and ordered from car phone warehouse. Just got a text saying it's been dispatched to my local store so i should be able to pick it up in a few days. :)
    12-08-2015 12:15 PM
    got mine off CPW only ordered last night
    12-08-2015 02:20 PM
    I decided to stick with the Amazon pre-order even with it moving back to 20th December. I figure that in the long run the customer service from Amazon will be worth it if something goes wrong down the line.
    12-08-2015 02:36 PM
    Update: Went to CPW today and ordered one, and just got a text saying DPD will deliver it to me tomorrow! Cancelled my amazons delivery as CPW is only 5 more then amazon's price and don't have to wait until 21st of Dec..
    12-08-2015 02:46 PM
    Ordered mine from CPW today, not had any further emails regarding dispatch. Hopefully they still have some stock.
    12-08-2015 04:47 PM
    Ordered mine from CPW today, not had any further emails regarding dispatch. Hopefully they still have some stock.
    Same here.
    12-09-2015 04:24 AM
    Ok, turns out the Carphone Warehouse website was lying when saying in stock and available for delivery next day (on the 7th).
    Rang last night (Tues) and was told it was in tracking and would be delivered today (Weds), turns out this was a lie (the customer service person did sound like they didn't give a **** and would rather be chatting to their mates). Rang today after hearing nothing more, and was told it was only released yesterday and they had no stock. When I said what the website says and what I was told last night they basically said I was lying, when I said I could send a screenshot of the website and that they would have a recording of the phone conversation they backed down, but couldn't explain what had gone wrong. They then suggested that I go in store to collect it from their stock I asked them to check which stores had stock, and eventually they came back and said none had. They have no idea when they will get stock, indeed not much idea about anything. They treated me cancelling the order as if it was an everyday occurance that they didn't give a **** about.
    Oh well, back to waiting with Amazon....
    12-09-2015 06:39 AM
    I ordered yesterday with CPW and my 950xl is due to be delivered in the next 30 minutes (you've got to love DPD's delivery tracking/driver stalking). I know others ordered and have had theirs delivered so they definitely had stock.

Sounds like CPW's customer service could do with a few refresher sessions.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    12-09-2015 06:53 AM
    I too have just spoken to CPW on the phone. I phoned regarding not having received a dispatch email. I was told that the phone is in stock, and should expect delivery tomorrow. However, as the order was made by my wife, he was unable to tell me any more about my order due to confidentiality bull$h!t
    12-09-2015 07:56 AM
    I too have just spoken to CPW on the phone. I phoned regarding not having received a dispatch email. I was told that the phone is in stock, and should expect delivery tomorrow. However, as the order was made by my wife, he was unable to tell me any more about my order due to confidentiality bull$h!t
    That will be interesting to see if that arrives. Certainly that is what they said when I called them last night, but it appears they just wanted to get me off the line and weren't telling the truth.
    12-09-2015 08:17 AM
    CPW website is now saying 22nd Dec for the Black, but it's showing the white as in stock now

Edit - Now both colours are showing out of stock and 22nd Dec date
    Last edited by slysy; 12-09-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    12-09-2015 09:20 AM
    Just got my Lumia 950xl white today prior to ordering it yesterday from them, they told me they had around 21 of the phones in stock at their warehouse, guess I was lucky.
    12-09-2015 01:20 PM
    Was in the exact same boat - order from Amazon got delayed. I ended up cancelling the pre-order, as I wouldn't be around near Christmas to receive the phone. Luckily, I placed an order with TI Ltd yesterday, and the elusive 950 XL arrived this morning. :D It was slightly cheaper than Amazon, and I was able to redeem the free display dock with no issues, so I am quite happy with how things turned out.

As for the phone itself - it has exceeded my expectations in every way. After reading so much negativity around it, I was not expecting the phone to be so good! Of course, I have only had this unit for half a day, so it could be that there are issues which I have yet to notice.

Some quick observations:
    - Windows Hello seems to work better with more training. It didn't work as reliably as I would have liked at first, but it already feels much better after several 'training' sessions through the settings page. Note that with the later training sessions, I just ignored the instructions to take off my glasses, and kept them on throughout - that may have been a factor.
    - No creaking issues on this unit, luckily. There is a very slight give when I push the cover on its lower backside, but I cannot get the unit to creak at all, no matter how hard I grip on the sides.
    - The button layout is rather... interesting. I am still getting used to the power button's new location, but it is noticeably recessed compared to the two volume buttons on its side, so that does help in 'feeling' it out.
    - The unit does not feel cheap at all, at least in my opinion. It is light (maybe about a third lighter than the 1520?), but feeling light and feeling cheap are two very different things. The plastic back cover feels very similar to the texture of previous high-end Lumias; if you liked the feel of the 1520, you will probably like this one also.
    - My unit is CV-GB, but the 'System' -> 'About' page shows AT&T's website and number on it. Interesting? Regardless, it is working without issues on the Three network.
    AceLimbu likes this.
    12-09-2015 01:28 PM
56 123