The screen even beats the 950 screen in tests.

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL review: The Master Chief - GSMArena.com

I think the benchmarks will do better once Windows 10 is more optimized and refined but still did well. Heating issue is also mentioned as non-existent for the 810 chip.

A very positive review. The reviewer really does a true hardware review.
    12-07-2015 06:48 PM
    The No FM Radio point almost through me of the chair. What is this 2005? And mine has a FM Radio app preinstalled, that uses the headphones as an antena, like the phones of that era.
    Good review tho.
    editguy likes this.
    12-07-2015 07:05 PM
    You can even use your Lumia 950 XL screen for remote Xbox One gaming, once you connect your console to the app. You still need to play with a controller though, so you'll have to get a proper accessory to combine the wireless controller with your Lumia smartphone.
    This doesn't sound right to me. I've never heard of being able to do this before.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-07-2015 07:59 PM
    Yes, which is funny he mentions it does have an FM radio later on.

And yes the phone will eventually be able to get xbox games streamed just like the pc, not sure if this is something that actually can be done at this point or he got a preview of.
    12-07-2015 08:13 PM
    Yes, which is funny he mentions it does have an FM radio later on.

And yes the phone will eventually be able to get xbox games streamed just like the pc, not sure if this is something that actually can be done at this point or he got a preview of.
    Yes, but as far as I can tell they are referring to it as if the functionality is available now, which is incorrect and misleading.
    12-08-2015 01:38 AM
    I was waiting for this review. Got tired of the blatantly negative reviews.
    12-08-2015 05:53 AM
    There's nothing more awesome than Master Chief...
    12-08-2015 06:30 AM
    Yes, but as far as I can tell they are referring to it as if the functionality is available now, which is incorrect and misleading.
    Try it in continuum mode see if it recognizes it as the pc app.
    12-08-2015 03:17 PM
    Great neutral review. This is how GSMarena has built it's reputation all this year..
    I remember visiting their site from the s60 days (oh and when motorola razr came out) :P

But I have a question on one thing he said and wrote..
    When on continuum, universal apps don't have a right button function?? Cause on desktop they surely have (onenote, baconit, etc.)
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-08-2015 06:08 PM
    I really like GSM Arena. They're slowly replacing Trusted Reviews as my number one general news site. Trusted Reviews has become biased as anything and they're journalism is vague and generally terrible. I used to love them.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-08-2015 06:21 PM
    Always looking at what GSMarena has to say. They are very thorough and do real tests to base there review on. That say we have to remember what most reviews are, they are more or less a quick first impression where the reviewer has looked over the devise, tested it out an day or so by using his or hers favorite apps and finally snapped a picture or two. The visuals have an heavy impact in that kind of review and in many way that sort of review is closer to how most decide on what phone to get. They go to an shop test a couple of models that looks nice, listen to the sales pitch and make the decision on that. No deep tech reviews, no heavy testing. That is also why the 950 and 950 XL bland looks are so damning, they loss out in the first impression game. It's not like they look bad, just not interesting and so most will just go by them.
    That said I'm glad for GSMarena positive review and is now once again considering to get the 950 XL after new year when the price has dropped down to a more proper price point. At least here in Sweden the Samsung Galaxy S6 32 Gb is almost 5% cheap than the 950 XL and the 950 has just this week dropped belove the Samsung phone. It is very hard to compete when you are more expensive than the class leader from the competitors.
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-09-2015 02:57 AM
    they also did a small video about both phones which can be found here
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-10-2015 09:29 AM