950XL buzzing noise left ear using Bose QC-20 noise cancelling ear buds

erberb

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 Bose QC-20 noise cancelling ear buds and I connected it directly to head phone jack of 950XL and I hear a buzzing noise on the left ear when I activated the noise cancelling, If I de-activated the noise cancelling no buzzing noise.
I tested 2 Bose QC-20 and both are doing the same thing.

If yall have the same Bose-20 noise cancelling ear buds, please check your Bose. Just plug it in and activate and de-activate the noise cancelling and you can hear a buzzing noise on left ear. You need to play a song or start Spotify, Pandora or any mp3 songs..

Last edited:

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I hear a VERY faint buzzing / clicking noise out of the left channel when nothing is playing but as soon as I play music its completely inaudible. Had I not been looking for something, I wouldn't have heard it. Having said that though, I pretty much only use my QC20's when I fly. The ANC electronics on these seem to be rather susceptible to EMI from cell phones and other devices.

How's this for odd.... i've got them plugged into my 950XL and it's positioned in such a way that I only hear the faint clicking I mentioned earlier. When I go to type this on my Surface Book, I get a humming noise, but only when my palms are in physical contact with the keyboard. Switch that up a little bit and plug them into my Surface Book and it's silent, no noise at all.... except when I take my palms off the keyboard. Then I get a pretty bad hum. I can also touch my work laptop that's sitting a few feet away to get the hum to go away. If I touch the metal desk lamp, then the hum gets worse. Go figure.

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a weird clicking followed by loud buzzing from the left ear of my non noise canceling Bose earbuds the other night with my 950XL. Tried rebooting, etc, nothing helped. Next morning it was gone and hasn't come back. Fingers crossed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire