Bluetooth issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I had trouble with my old car, a 2012 Mazda 3 with the Bose stereo. Bluetooth didn't work correctly with my old phone and didn't work with the 950XL. I just got a new car - 2016 Mazda also with the Bose stereo but maybe a different generation? I have had absolutely no problem with the new car.

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
could you please confirm you were facing the same issues with your old phone?
Would that mean that potential first series of phone sold out by MS had some HW issues?
Thank You

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it was hardware or software but I am running the same software, firmware, apps and settings and the new phone works flawlessly whereas the old one had consistent Bluetooth issues.

bigdnf

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have strange issue with Lumia 950XL (most recent firmware and insider preview). When I'm playing book it works for a while and then it plays few seconds of every chapter and goes to next ;( Anyone have this kind of issue?

I think that issue is in BT 4.X because when listening on my car witch have older BT everything is working but when connecting to my headphones (http://www.avantree.com/product-bluetooth-headphones-for-running-avantree-jogger-pro-908.html) which have BT 4.0 the problem appears.

Last edited:

tpoetschan

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Fixed with OS Build 10.0.10586.71 in combination with firmware 01078.00038.16025.39030 on 950XL.

The Firmware ist deployed to non-insiders. So stop being insider and get the new FW.
After FW update re-join the insider program and get OS Build .71.

I would say OS Build .71 is nearly perfect!

bigdnf

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I?m trying to install new firmware from couple of days now but my phone says that there is not update for me ;( I have OS 10.0.10586.71 and firmware 01078.00027.15506.02016 ? in insider app I chose ?Production? but I have no updates. Also in windows device recovery tool I have info that there is no new version ? last firmware I installed using this recovery tool. I have no idea how to force this update ;(

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My blue tooth head set cycles between connected and not. I have several, all do the same. I am on my second 950XL. Going back to a 735 on 8. Wife has one and it is infinitely more reliable.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My blue tooth head set cycles between connected and not. I have several, all do the same. I am on my second 950XL. Going back to a 735 on 8. Wife has one and it is infinitely more reliable.

What build are you on? I am using a 950XL, DS, US (build 15055), and Bluetooth has been pretty stable for the last two builds. Also recommend remove, and re-install BT device, and try connecting through the 'GADGETS' app (might help).

Note: The first occurrence of using BT on this build yielded about 2-3 minutes of the signal cutting in and out, after that initial hiccup, all has be fine...for me:)

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm on RTM. I've removed and reinstalled several times. Same with other head sets. Seems to occur when I start a call in Wi-Fi and then leave the building. I know the call isn't on VoIP. 950XL on 10 has been a bad experience for me: Freezes, wakes up at 10% brightness, etc. It feels like a beta OS that has been abandoned by the vendor.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm on RTM. I've removed and reinstalled several times. Same with other head sets. Seems to occur when I start a call in Wi-Fi and then leave the building. I know the call isn't on VoIP. 950XL on 10 has been a bad experience for me: Freezes, wakes up at 10% brightness, etc. It feels like a beta OS that has been abandoned by the vendor.

Kwright, I know I have had a great deal of trouble with regards to windows 10, and Bluetooth, the last couple of years; I even had to convert back to windows 7 after the Windows AU update on one of my notebooks...the problem there was that the generic drivers issued by MS were not doing the deal, and the notebook manufacturer (HP) doesn't feel it important to update their drivers for past models:(.

That said, depending on the connected device, "it could be" the drivers of the device (in 'SOME' instances); ALSO, I know in the past there were some builds that were problematic for a LOT of users (most all of them for me, prior to build 15051).

If you feel impatient for some progress, insider SLOW ring is now on build 15051, I found this to be the START of the BEST experience I have had with my 950XL, and am 'very' happy with the current FAST ring: build 15055.

Or, you can wait a couple weeks when Creators Build rolls out to RTM, it really does look 'to me' that they have addressed most of the issues with BT, again 'at lease for me it does', and hopefully this will cure your ailments:)

And you are correct...the last year has been a test of attrition.

Good Luck!

ozplanman

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
My Bluetooth is now working perfectly. I noticed every time my car said it lost connection to my phone, my phone was trying to connect to some random wifi that it found while I was driving. I tried turning off wifi. Now I never have a problem. I am not sure why those 2 things are related, but it worked.

great tip, I turned off my wifi and my bluetooth connected after stubbornly réfusing before, thanks Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos