New button layout - not a fan

D3V011

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's just a big finger problem, but I keep pressing the wrong button. I'd rather have the usual button placement, or at least more separation between the keys.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's just a big finger problem, but I keep pressing the wrong button. I'd rather have the usual button placement, or at least more separation between the keys.

you're talking about hardware buttons or on screen buttons or keyboard? And which model?

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten used to it. I do wish they would have either textured the power different or left a little bit of a gap

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
If I had to pick my biggest gripe with the phone (which I do really enjoy), this would be it. The split volume with power between. It is problematic for a few reasons. One, remembering to skip a button when I find the volume rocker is a pain. Two, because of the button placement there's really no room for a car dock to hold the handset without pushing something. And three, when I'm waking up or in another way distracted, I end up with a few screenshots of my lock screen almost every time. I'm getting more used to it as time goes on, but if I could change one layout feature for the hardware, this would be it.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
it takes a while to get used to but I'm used to the volume/power button by now. I REALLY didn't like how the capacitive buttons on the 1520 weren't as spaced out as they were on the 920 at first but I forgot all about it after a while. I'm sure it'll be the same on the 950XL.

I wish the 3 onscreen navigation buttons would respond when tapped a little outside the button. Give us a little extra margin of error. I keep tapping the back button but don't hit it exactly on the spot and have to tap a couple times. Then the phone goes to sleep because of the double tap. Just another learning curve I'm sure I'll get used to.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I get used to them really quickly, in fact I find them somewhat more natural, but I have big hands, so my thumb cover all the three button at once, and since the volumes ones are highter, it matches really well the curve of the thumb and are really distinctive from the power one, just have to press with the top or the bottom of my thumb to control volum, and with the center to power on/off. Well, just how I feel them. I like them, probably because the location is better to reach them one handed than the ones on the L1520. But I don't like the aluminium material, that's really cheap.

Regardng the onscreen button, I really often hit them accidentally ><

Jason Siva

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, having the volume up and down key either side of the standby button was the wrong decision in my opinion. Always feels like I'm having to adjust my finger position more than I really need too when I go to press the buttons.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I wish the 3 onscreen navigation buttons would respond when tapped a little outside the button. Give us a little extra margin of error. I keep tapping the back button but don't hit it exactly on the spot and have to tap a couple times. Then the phone goes to sleep because of the double tap. Just another learning curve I'm sure I'll get used to.
I don't, this is the first Windows phone I've owned where I don't accidentally launch Cortana or back out of something half the time when I pick it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon