Not getting 10586.29 on my 950xl (not on insider)

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading everywhere that 10586.29 rolled out yesterday, but I am not getting it. Every time I check my phone it says it is up to date, but I am still on 10586.0. Anyone else having this issue? Has anyone found a way to get it to pick up the update if so?

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You most likely will need to do a hard reset for the update to show up. Microsoft is aware of the issue and seems to be working on it.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a known issue and Microsoft is aware of it. From what I have read, they are working on it. They have not said when the fix is coming. I understand that a hard reset will fix it, but they are not asking users to do that, as they should be coming up with a fix so that all of us can get it. I read they were close early today, but have not seen any update on their progress since then..

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
There is a known issue and Microsoft is aware of it. From what I have read, they are working on it. They have not said when the fix is coming. I understand that a hard reset will fix it, but they are not asking users to do that, as they should be coming up with a fix so that all of us can get it. I read they were close early today, but have not seen any update on their progress since then..

I really don't want to do a hard reset unless I absolutely have to. I will be patient and wait. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point.

Jayddo

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I do not have the update either and am not on Insider (app is not installed on my 950XL). However, I was an insider with my previous device.

We just have to wait as they fix the issue. I don't really want to hard-reset another time and have to re-pair every device once again.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This happened on one of my 950 XL's and it kept happening after a hard reset. I then did another hard-reset and chose the United States as my region (same as the one which did update no problem) and after a few minutes the update was available and downloading.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I broke down and did the hard reset for two reasons. One, to get the latest update but also to clear out whatever junk left over by trying so many apps and settings since I've had my XL.

It took about 2 hours and I DID do a restore and that seems to have worked OK. The phone seems to be smoother than before. I love having my combined inbox back. Now to get double tap and glance images moving around again.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Me too byte the bullet and did the hard reset. Install the upgrade and then do my apps. Glad I did Phone is more responsive and the battery life is much better

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just as an update - when I originally got my 950xl it would not pick up LTE, so they tech assigned me an HTC IMEI. I thought maybe this somehow was contributing to my inability to download the update. I just updated my SIM with the IMEI of a 950 and - no luck, still can't get the update.

Just wanted to let others know in case they were thinking about trying it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3