03-05-2017 07:55 AM
90 1234
tools
    Gorilla glass is pretty good at keeping the scratches to a minimum. It is still glass though, it is not impervious, and some particulate matter like sand WILL scratch it. That is what happened to me. There are a bunch of long shallow scratches on my screen. I can't see them without shining a light and looking for them, but I can feel them if I run my fingernail across the screen. One of the tables at my work was a bit dusty. I was an ***** and put the phone face down on the surface without thinking too much about it...

Generally if you use your phone normally, and don't do stupid things like placing it face down on, etc. , Gorilla glass is good enough.
    01-29-2016 06:11 PM
    The TUDIA is still doing great!
    02-01-2016 04:08 PM
    The TUDIA is still doing great!
    How is it with finger prints? Does the oleophobic coating work well? My Mr Shield is doing great, but I would like to minimize the finger prints.
    02-02-2016 01:33 AM
    How is it with finger prints? Does the oleophobic coating work well? My Mr Shield is doing great, but I would like to minimize the finger prints.
    In this respect, it behaves like any other tempered glass protector I've tried. But please note that I started using glass protectors with this phone. I've only used the StilGut, bDeals and this TUDIA, so maybe I'm not the most experienced to judge. On the other side, you can quickly wipe your phone's screen against your trousers without any fear of scratches :-)

I'm happy to know that Mr Shield is also a viable option. Unfortunately, I'm afraid you cannot buy these in Europe yet.
    02-05-2016 04:48 AM
    I've had mine on about a month now and not suffered lifting corners. Finger print wise, it's better then the screen without the protector on, in fact it's pretty good.
    02-05-2016 05:54 AM
    Bought this one and whilst it was a little better (only three corners had air pockets) 4 days later it looks exactly the same as my last one :( The search continues!
    02-06-2016 11:52 PM
    After purchasing another brand and had trouble with the air pockets on the corners, I found this and it is working PERFECTLY:

Robot Check

Just be sure to watch the video on their website before installation. You need to do this at the end of the day so it can dry overnight. I have had no problem with fingerprints.
    02-07-2016 09:29 AM
    Just got my TUDIA,

3 corners wont stick.
    Thoughts??
    02-08-2016 02:56 PM
    After purchasing another brand and had trouble with the air pockets on the corners, I found this and it is working PERFECTLY:

Robot Check

Just be sure to watch the video on their website before installation. You need to do this at the end of the day so it can dry overnight. I have had no problem with fingerprints.
    it's not glass, won't protect against drops and shattering
    02-08-2016 02:58 PM
    I did try also several products, Stillgut and CROCFOL. Stillgut doesn't glue on the Corners, CROCFOL is no glass, it's plastic and all over it plastic you see your own finger prints, there is no surface finish to keep the finger prints away - but CROCFOL does glue and somehow that plastic can break to, but it is rather something simliar to fiberglass.
    But I found Protomax Schutzglas at Amazon Germany it does the Job as it is supposed to do it
    PROTOMAX Schutzglas fr Microsoft Lumia 950 XL: Amazon.de: Elektronik
    04-12-2016 02:43 AM
    Georg, would you mind putting up some pictures? Or maybe only describe, if there are no cutouts like the picture on the product page, or if there are indeed cutouts.

04-19-2016 09:08 AM
    Here are the pictures of the Protomax Schutzglas from Amazon Germany it does the Job as it is supposed to do it.
    I hope the pictures are satisfying.
    p1070205_bildgr-e-ndern.jpgp1070206_bildgr-e-ndern.jpgp1070207_bildgr-e-ndern.jpg
    Last edited by georg_t_turbo; 04-20-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Attachments where not rendered
    Corwin_Amber1, rishm and pedmar007 like this.
    04-20-2016 01:36 PM
    Thanks a lot, Georg, for the pictures! I had the Nillkin and the Protomax bith in front of me and decided to use the Nillkin, It is thinner and already is borderline sticking. It sticks, but I am not sure if it wll permanently. I also noticed that the Protomax is very nice, has a great touch. But I can not see, that it will stick on mine, as it is one of the thick (0.33mm) ones.

Did you have problems with other glass protectors, regarding not sticking on the edges? Maybe I am having a really bad one.

Thanks again and best regards,
    Corwin

PS: This thread should be merged with http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...l/402534-3.htm
    04-21-2016 07:39 AM
    05-02-2016 12:00 PM
    Interesting. Wonder if this is new. I had only seen the MS Store advertise the Incipio cases. How long have you had the case on?
    05-02-2016 01:57 PM
    I bought it a week ago.
    05-02-2016 02:23 PM
    I bought it a week ago.
    Cool, keep us updated please. There have been posts about tempered glass on the 950 XL working ok for the first week or two before beginning to lift/peel.

Edit: Just an FYI for everyone, not sure how this product is for the 950 XL, but the reviews for PureGear tempered glass for other phones are shoddy at best on Amazon :-/
    05-02-2016 02:37 PM
    Ive used the Puregear on my Iphone 6 and Android phone. they always work great . i like the tray you put your phone in for perfect alighment
    hasasimo likes this.
    05-02-2016 07:08 PM
    I've bought the "Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film" from eBay for under 9$ last week.

I can really recommend this screenprotector. Much, much, much better than the 'cheap' one I've bought before (around 4$ on eBay). Cutouts for the proximity sensor is good. The edges are rounded, they call it 2.5D. I thought it was a gimmick, but actually it feels so much better now. My last screenprotector was really sensitive to dirt, but this one feels much smoother. Again, I can highly recommend this screenprotector.

100% Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film | eBay
    daisy110 likes this.
    05-25-2016 03:34 AM
    I too got the PureGear from the Microsoft store.
    I think it is great.
    It is a little pricy but the best thing is, you can ask them to install it.
    They did a prefect install.

Very happy.

Dave
    05-27-2016 01:35 PM
    Hi guys just a question: first time using a tempered glass protector

Got a Nillkin 9H+ from ebay after hearing so many people satisfied on this forum

I have checked the scratch code from the box on Nillkin website and it authenticates (so it should be fake), but the protector seems "hard plastic" I was expecting something to feel like glass.

As I said it's the first time applying a glass screen protector, is it normal that it feels like plastic?

Protector has left a bubble on the bottom right side of the screen, near the edge, but that could be because I might have centered it, can I remove and reapply it ?
    05-27-2016 02:14 PM
    I've bought the "Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film" from eBay for under 9$ last week.

I can really recommend this screenprotector. Much, much, much better than the 'cheap' one I've bought before (around 4$ on eBay). Cutouts for the proximity sensor is good. The edges are rounded, they call it 2.5D. I thought it was a gimmick, but actually it feels so much better now. My last screenprotector was really sensitive to dirt, but this one feels much smoother. Again, I can highly recommend this screenprotector.

100% Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film | eBay
    This is the best tempered glass screen protector for 950 XL out there.
    I use it for almost 2 months, and still has no bubbles, no corner lifts, no dust. It's still sticked hard and does not move, and it even reduced a lot grass and fingerprints, and touch gestures are even smoother to do.

I love it
    05-31-2016 03:46 AM
    This is the best tempered glass screen protector for 950 XL out there.
    I use it for almost 2 months, and still has no bubbles, no corner lifts, no dust. It's still sticked hard and does not move, and it even reduced a lot grass and fingerprints, and touch gestures are even smoother to do.

I love it
    Yep, my Nillkin's going on 9 weeks now, zero peeling or bubbling issues, looks as good as the day I applied it still.
    I'm using a TPU case too, one that wraps around the front edge, which has caused me zero issues (obviously) with peeling my Nillkin protector.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the thing is VERY fingerprint-averse too. Not sure how exactly the coating works, but it's a really significant improvement over the others I had, and the stock screen, I only clean my screen every-other-day or so, now, and I hate it when I get a really "smudgy" screen...
    Last edited by PGrey; 06-03-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    05-31-2016 04:57 PM
    Incipio Plex on my 950xl here. Very happy. Had several small bubbles right in the middle and the corners seemed iffy at first but after rubbing (with considerable pressure) they've all disappeared and it looks fab. Thumbs up!
    06-01-2016 08:13 PM
    Yep, my Nillkin's going on 9 weeks now, zero peeling or bubbling issues, looks as good as the day I applied it still.
    I'm using a TPU case too, one that wraps around the front edge, which has caused me zero issues (obviously) with peeling my Nillkin protector.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the thing is VERY fingerprint-averse too. Not sure how exactly the coating works, but it's a really significant improvement over the others I had, and the stock screen, I only clean my screen every-other-day or so, now, and I hate it when I get a really "smudgy" screen...
    I can definitely agree and would definitely recommend it as well. The Nillkin's tempered glass is one of the BEST so far. it's feel and texture is like the Incipio, it's oleophobic coating actually DOES it's job. Put it in your pants or softly wipe it with a cloth and the finger prints and oil are removed easily vs others where it takes a little bit of elbow grease to do so.

100% Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-53...***-Screen-Pro tector-Film-/151906264552?var=&hash=item235e51a5e8:m:mZbyDF0MEoHYoV7l1nxDmeA
    06-29-2016 12:12 AM
90 1234