Best 950xl 9h glass screen protector?

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Georg, would you mind putting up some pictures? Or maybe only describe, if there are no cutouts like the picture on the product page, or if there are indeed cutouts.

georg_t_turbo

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Here are the pictures of the Protomax Schutzglas from Amazon Germany it does the Job as it is supposed to do it.
I hope the pictures are satisfying.
P1070205_Bildgr??e ?ndern.JPGP1070206_Bildgr??e ?ndern.JPGP1070207_Bildgr??e ?ndern.JPG

Last edited:

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot, Georg, for the pictures! I had the Nillkin and the Protomax bith in front of me and decided to use the Nillkin, It is thinner and already is borderline sticking. It sticks, but I am not sure if it w?ll permanently. I also noticed that the Protomax is very nice, has a great touch. But I can not see, that it will stick on mine, as it is one of the thick (0.33mm) ones.

Did you have problems with other glass protectors, regarding not sticking on the edges? Maybe I am having a really bad one.

Thanks again and best regards,
Corwin

PS: This thread should be merged with http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/402534-3.htm

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought it a week ago.

Cool, keep us updated please. There have been posts about tempered glass on the 950 XL working ok for the first week or two before beginning to lift/peel.

Edit: Just an FYI for everyone, not sure how this product is for the 950 XL, but the reviews for PureGear tempered glass for other phones are shoddy at best on Amazon :-/

LumiaNC

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Ive used the Puregear on my Iphone 6 and Android phone. they always work great . i like the tray you put your phone in for perfect alighment

Tim M

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've bought the "Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film" from eBay for under 9$ last week.

I can really recommend this screenprotector. Much, much, much better than the 'cheap' one I've bought before (around 4$ on eBay). Cutouts for the proximity sensor is good. The edges are rounded, they call it 2.5D. I thought it was a gimmick, but actually it feels so much better now. My last screenprotector was really sensitive to dirt, but this one feels much smoother. Again, I can highly recommend this screenprotector.

100% Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film | eBay

D1JL

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I too got the PureGear from the Microsoft store.
I think it is great.
It is a little pricy but the best thing is, you can ask them to install it.
They did a prefect install.

Very happy.

Dave

decker5

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys just a question: first time using a tempered glass protector

Got a Nillkin 9H+ from ebay after hearing so many people satisfied on this forum

I have checked the scratch code from the box on Nillkin website and it authenticates (so it should be fake), but the protector seems "hard plastic" I was expecting something to feel like glass.

As I said it's the first time applying a glass screen protector, is it normal that it feels like plastic?

Protector has left a bubble on the bottom right side of the screen, near the edge, but that could be because I might have centered it, can I remove and reapply it ?

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I've bought the "Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film" from eBay for under 9$ last week.

I can really recommend this screenprotector. Much, much, much better than the 'cheap' one I've bought before (around 4$ on eBay). Cutouts for the proximity sensor is good. The edges are rounded, they call it 2.5D. I thought it was a gimmick, but actually it feels so much better now. My last screenprotector was really sensitive to dirt, but this one feels much smoother. Again, I can highly recommend this screenprotector.

100% Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film | eBay
This is the best tempered glass screen protector for 950 XL out there.
I use it for almost 2 months, and still has no bubbles, no corner lifts, no dust. It's still sticked hard and does not move, and it even reduced a lot grass and fingerprints, and touch gestures are even smoother to do.

I love it

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the best tempered glass screen protector for 950 XL out there.
I use it for almost 2 months, and still has no bubbles, no corner lifts, no dust. It's still sticked hard and does not move, and it even reduced a lot grass and fingerprints, and touch gestures are even smoother to do.

I love it

Yep, my Nillkin's going on 9 weeks now, zero peeling or bubbling issues, looks as good as the day I applied it still.
I'm using a TPU case too, one that wraps around the front edge, which has caused me zero issues (obviously) with peeling my Nillkin protector.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the thing is VERY fingerprint-averse too. Not sure how exactly the coating works, but it's a really significant improvement over the others I had, and the stock screen, I only clean my screen every-other-day or so, now, and I hate it when I get a really "smudgy" screen...

Last edited:

beggehorn

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Incipio Plex on my 950xl here. Very happy. Had several small bubbles right in the middle and the corners seemed iffy at first but after rubbing (with considerable pressure) they've all disappeared and it looks fab. Thumbs up!

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep, my Nillkin's going on 9 weeks now, zero peeling or bubbling issues, looks as good as the day I applied it still.
I'm using a TPU case too, one that wraps around the front edge, which has caused me zero issues (obviously) with peeling my Nillkin protector.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the thing is VERY fingerprint-averse too. Not sure how exactly the coating works, but it's a really significant improvement over the others I had, and the stock screen, I only clean my screen every-other-day or so, now, and I hate it when I get a really "smudgy" screen...

I can definitely agree and would definitely recommend it as well. The Nillkin's tempered glass is one of the BEST so far. it's feel and texture is like the Incipio, it's oleophobic coating actually DOES it's job. Put it in your pants or softly wipe it with a cloth and the finger prints and oil are removed easily vs others where it takes a little bit of elbow grease to do so.

100% Nillkin Amazing H+ PRO Anti-Explosion

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...sion-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Pro&token=YRiXKMdc tector-Film-/151906264552?var=&hash=item235e51a5e8:m:mZbyDF0MEoHYoV7l1nxDmeA

Nicolas Teeuwen

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Nillkin and applied it to my 950 xl and 2 of the corners are giving it trouble. Also the instructions on it are horribly translated. I will likely be replacing this screen protector.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Nillkin and applied it to my 950 xl and 2 of the corners are giving it trouble. Also the instructions on it are horribly translated. I will likely be replacing this screen protector.

Weird. My Nillkin is over 4 moths now, and zero lifting or other issues.
Did you get the screen 110% clean (alcohol wipe or similar), no oils, and free from any dust specks (I use a small air blower, bicycle pump air, not the purchased stuff)?
These are essential, IME, when applying these glass protectors (any protector really), if you want them to lay perfectly flat. The plastic protectors seem to "flex" around junk on the screen more readily, and still adhere well, despite the annoying dust specks.

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried 4 times to put on these damn glass protectors but everytime all 4 corners are bad.. Huge air "bubbles". Tried cleaning them really well and still the same problem, ive had it with these damn things.

daisy110

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Nilkin H+ pro worked for me as it's only .2mm thick and seems to stay down so far after 5 days. I have tried all other options in this thread and none have been successful until trying this one, definitely recommend this.

decker5

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I have used Nillkin for both 950xl and 950

with 950xl it is perfect, with 950 there is one corner lifted, but I was not able to attach perfectly the first time so I guess I might have slightly deformed it while trying to detach

just a tip for those who might have problems with bubbles or dust trapped behind screen and wish to apply again the protector: after having cleaned screen protector with alcohol, use a lint remover like this

https://www.amazon.com/3M-836R-OS-L...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3521266 (or any other like this. You don't need the fancy one, I bought mine in a dollar store)

roll on the screen to remove dust/hair. It works perfectly and doesn't leave any marks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720