Showstopping Windows 10 Mobile problems absolutely ludicrous. Completely dilapidates Lumia 950 XL.

steven-w

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I had same problem but 2 factory resets have resolved the issue, I think its trying to download updates in the background. Today have only used 15% battery

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
No you will not lose your text messages. I set up my 950 clean without using a back up and there's a setting under Messaging that asks how far back you want to download old messages (and settings include one year and all)

tonyrayer

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
The move from my 1320 to 950XL should have delivered massive performance increases.

Same problems as previous post, battery drain great concern, even with everything OFF you can see it dropping. Updates don't happen and web speed on a fibre link is not good. Don't think this device and W10 has been tested and I will be returning it next week.

Just did factory reset 31% battery loss in just 3 hours....so no chance of getting the day on a full charge....

Last edited:

Junior2k4

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem since 2-3 days ago. I'm going to have to backup all the pictures I've taken and then I'll try the factory reset. My band 2 stopped working with my phone around the same time. Hopefully that will fix the whole problem.
Oh, I also need to try the IMEI trick and get AT&T to fix my voicemail. A lot of work to get a $700 usd, after tax, device to work.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I had various issues with my 950XL that I had restored from a previous backup-- iris scanner would stop working, very occasional random reboots, etc. The showstopper was when the update was pushed out last week. I ended up in a death loop where it would attempt to download the update, give me an error that I had insufficient storage space (even though I had a good 23 GB free), and then reattempt to download the update. It was a MASSIVE battery drain as it continually tried to download the update; as a bonus, there's no way to force it not to update. So, I pretty much had to hard reset. I was fairly confident that the issue was restoring an old backup and that a fresh install would fix a lot of issues. I was right.

The update downloaded right away, haven't had any issues with the iris scanner or reboots, everything works like a peach. It was a huge PITA to set everything up again the way I wanted but, ultimately, one day of pain for (hopefully) several months of stability will be a good tradeoff. We'll see. For the moment I'm glad I did it.

EDIT: In some ways it's similar to upgrading a desktop Windows installation vs. a clean install. I've never in the long run regretted doing a clean install.

justynegert

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Today I finally hit my breaking point. I was drafting a text and the phone locked while idle. I unlocked it and the messaging app crashed. Subsequently, all of my email accounts were somehow unlinked so all of my emails, contacts, and calendar are gone. All of my text message history is also gone. So frustrating!!!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Wow those are some crazy problems. What build is it on? Insiders?

I will say that sometimes wordflow disappears when you have partially but not fully installed a new keyboard (ie you change the keyboard region but it hasn't downloaded yet), Dunno if that's you.

If I were you I'd try and get it on another build number. You could either do a factor reset, or if you aren't on insiders join the preview branch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett