Mozo Brown Leather back. Wireless charging issue.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing wireless charging issues with their Mozo leather back cover? I'm finding when charging on my JBL speaker, the unit is only maintaining its charge. It's not charging to capacity. I've tried placing it in different positions with no effect. I'm not seeing this issue when using my Nokia Wireless Charging Pad.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed with my wireless qi charger in work out only seems to maintain charge but every now and again the battery suddenly jumps up in percentage by a big number. It's as if the charging isn't being reflected in real time.

tyrok

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
This must be why wireless charging is so bad on my phone. It was around 20% when I went to bed last night but after 7.5 hours on the charger it was still only 89%.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've contacted Mozo but havent had a response yet. I'm finding positioning different angles does seem to have some affect. Keep the unit up higher so that the camera circle isnt raising the unit off the surface of the charger. On a side note, I purchased a Choetech USB-C rapid charger and the thing is awesome! I'll be posting a review soon but I highly reccomend this thing. Fully charged my phone in 1hr!

DurocShark

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I got one for my 950. Even plugged in, I couldn't keep a charge or even GET a charge. It was crazy. I put the stock back on again, and things are working normally.

I emailed the seller this morning. :(

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
wrong thread sorry
in cast anyone was interested I accidentally said...

"I want a nightstand charging dock :?) (vertical drop into a connector thing) this Qi is heating up my phone and is bigbangtheroy tech"

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. I will be getting my Mozo leather cover brown early January and will do some detailed testing as well. Especially now that I have to fight with QI charging problems in regards to 3 coil chargers (2 coils get activated and overheat the phone = slow charge).

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Wireless charging works fine for me on a $13 QI charger I bought from Amazon.

The Mozo back is thicker than the stock, so that might be what is causing the problem for some of you. Most QI chargers only transmit upto a few mm, the extra thickness may be a problem for some. THe coil is located in the middle to lower area on the cover, so positioning it along there would give you the best efficiency in coupling with the charger's coil.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I use my cognac Mozo cover with:

Custom car QI holder (using a $0.79 coil from eBay).
$2.49 delivered (from China to UK!) hockey puk style charger.
?7.99 delivered 3 year old generic QI charger.

I wonder if the issues are affecting the expensive and official junk??

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I keep my wireless charger at work now, only got my Mozo cover on Saturday so gave it a try when I saw this thread

I am using an Easychee charger from USB 2.0 plugged into laptop docking station.

Put it on there with 77% and in less than 1 minute i noticed the light changed colour on the charger and phone reads 100%.
Rebooted and battery was back to 76%.
Just put it on the charger again to see what happens.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I keep my wireless charger at work now, only got my Mozo cover on Saturday so gave it a try when I saw this thread

I am using an Easychee charger from USB 2.0 plugged into laptop docking station.

Put it on there with 77% and in less than 1 minute i noticed the light changed colour on the charger and phone reads 100%.
Rebooted and battery was back to 76%.
Just put it on the charger again to see what happens.

Seems to charging OK now, even if slow. from 13.17 to 14.51 it went from 76% to 84%.
After a reboot it still says 84%.

Will see if it gets to 100%.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having no charging issues whatsoever with my Lumia 950 mozo case / cover & my Nokia DT-903 charging plate. It's working just the same as my original back cover.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Seems to charging OK now, even if slow. from 13.17 to 14.51 it went from 76% to 84%.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the cover + QI charging! Could you maybe connect the Easychee (I am using it too - 4 hrs full charge with 2A power adapter) to a USB power adapter and check if it charges faster ?

Also how about heat ? Is the phone / charger setup getting hot or rather warm only ?

Tnx in advance :)

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm having no charging issues whatsoever with my Lumia 950 mozo case / cover & my Nokia DT-903 charging plate. It's working just the same as my original back cover.

Great news :) How long does a full charge take you with this setup ? Round about 3:30 to 4:00 hrs ? Tnx in advance

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience with the cover + QI charging! Could you maybe connect the Easychee (I am using it too - 4 hrs full charge with 2A power adapter) to a USB power adapter and check if it charges faster ?

Also how about heat ? Is the phone / charger setup getting hot or rather warm only ?

Tnx in advance :)
I can try direct with usb adapter when I am back in the office on Wednesday.

To be honest I didn't really charge the phone wirelessly before Mozo cover so I can't tell if this is what makes it charge slower than my 1520 or if in general there is difference in the new circuits chasing a slower charge rate.

The phone doesn't get warm while charging on the Easychee and it maintained a solid connection after the initial hiccup...i even used it a few times without removing from the charger and it maintains a connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99