Struggling to send/receive texts and phone calls?

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Since having my phone I've been having real issues whilst I've been at work with being able to phone out, receive phone calls and send/receive texts.

Everything was fine with my previous phone, and everything is fine as I drive away from work. It's almost as if my phone isn't compatible with certain signal masts or something??

Has anybody else experienced this? I've just flipped my sim into a new one (Hail Giffgaffs simple online switching!!) so will see how it is on Monday, but it is really frustrating that I've spent ?470 on a phone that I can't seem to use as a phone for 9 hours a day!!

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I've tried it on myHTC one M8 as the problem was happening again, bit at home this time and it works. So it is definitely the phone.

How can Microsoft get something so fundamental wrong? I can handle the bugs and the quirks but when I can't use my new expensive phone as a phone, that is where I draw the line. I've been so optimistic with his phone so far but this is now ridiculous and I am going to be looking in to returning the phone.

I'm using giffgaff by the way, 4G works, and I have a plan with calls and texts, it just doesn't work.

What's the most frustrating is the inability to diagnose what is wrong. Since it just says the message can't be sent or phone calls die instantly.

Any suggestions welcome!!

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Try forcing the connection to 3g as 4g is only used for data at the moment I believe. That may show if you have a signal problem. Find it in mobile sim settings sim settings.

Tushar Thakur

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
How can Microsoft get something so fundamental wrong? I can handle the bugs and the quirks but when I can't use my new expensive phone as a phone, that is where I draw the line. I've been so optimistic with his phone so far but this is now ridiculous and I am going to be looking in to returning the phone.

Faced the signal loss issue a couple of times. Here when I say signal loss, I mean 'no network found' on top of my screen. Most of the day it works fine, but tends to break when there is a call waiting and I switch in-between calls. As Adam righly said above, it doesnt take a smartphone to handle calls and signals, 15 years ago my basic Nokia phone used to work well in this regard, so has Microsoft dragged us down to 90's with itself?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo