12-21-2015 10:34 PM
57 123
tools
    Microsoft called me the only availble stock is the 950xl dual sim. whats the difference?
    12-14-2015 07:15 AM
    Just, do a hard reset first and foremost before you set anything up, for some reason, that helps... A lot.
    Why do a hard reset with a brand new phone out of the box? Also, coming from my ATT 830 using insider build .11, should I use "restore" to get all my apps down and set up, or do I need to do a clean install one by one and set each one up from scratch?
    12-14-2015 07:31 AM
    A 2 SIM phone can be used if the business your working at has a separate phone carrier then the
    one you use. SIM 1 slot would be for your carrier and slot 2 for the carrier the business uses. That
    way you only need one phone for work and yourself. You could use 1 SIM for a private line and the
    other SIM for anyone else.
    If you have only a single slot for a SIM card, with the same situation, you would need another phone.
    12-14-2015 08:43 AM
    It sounds like you didn't get a new phone out of the box, more likely you got a used phone. If you
    reset the phone, you login with your Windows live account and all will be restored. Then go to
    the Store and look for my library, all your apps should be there. It will take a while to download
    and install those apps.
    12-14-2015 08:46 AM
    A 2 SIM phone can be used if the business your working at has a separate phone carrier then the
    one you use. SIM 1 slot would be for your carrier and slot 2 for the carrier the business uses. That
    way you only need one phone for work and yourself. You could use 1 SIM for a private line and the
    other SIM for anyone else.
    If you have only a single slot for a SIM card, with the same situation, you would need another phone.
    Is their any issue with the dual sim? can you hide the icon of the second sim in the upper left? I read somewhere that dual sim have some issue in LTE like lower speed is this true? I will pickup the unit tomorrow. I only have 1 sim :(
    12-14-2015 09:23 AM
    Do I recommend the 950xl?

Do you want an iPhone experience? Yes, then no I dont recommend it.
    Are you willing to tinker? No, then no I dont recommend it.

Otherwise, Yes I recommend it. I love this phone!
    nokia4life likes this.
    12-14-2015 09:42 AM
    I love it so much.
    If you even remotely liked previous Lumia, this is the best one out yet, so go literally running out to buy one asap before they go out of stock for weeks (again).
    12-14-2015 10:08 AM
    With the new update to Windows 10 installed. I am now very happy with my Lumia 950xl.
    12-14-2015 12:22 PM
    Battery lasts fine for me.
    Mine doesn't overheat (never even gets mildly warm).
    Mine doesn't reboot.
    Does your 950xl is dual sim?
    12-14-2015 12:47 PM
    Does your 950xl is dual sim?
    No. Single SIM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-2015 04:10 PM
    sorry for the late reply. I got my 950xl dual sim yesterday. I ask the sales lady if they have the single sim variant of the 950xl they said that all 950xls that will release in the windows store is only dual sim? Anyway the screen is good, battery is fine also in idle mode. When opening the edge browser sometimes the phone gets hot I hope windows will have an update for this. Apps like messenger, facebook, instagram, viber looks undated, have more bugs compare to ios but can tolerate. Live tiles for facebook doesnt work I don't know why. the second sim icon in the left looks annoying I hope windows have an update that will disable the 2nd sim icon. Love the integration of twitter and facebook on the people hub but facebook app is buggy when syncing contacts. When I push the lock button it doesnt automatically turn off it stays to a black screen with time and date and notification then after some time it will totally sleep is this consuming battery? No option to totally sleep the phone. When I first open the phone I check first the firmware it says its up to date (1511 build 10586) is this the latest? Windows 10 mobile looks promising. If official facebook, instagram, messenger, viber will update frequently the same as ios, android I will prefer this phone over android, ios.
    12-16-2015 04:58 AM
    I got my 950xl yesterday. I ask the sales lady if they have the single sim variant they said microsoft store wont release single sim only dual sim? I think single sim are only for locked carriers? Anyway when I first open the phone I checked the firmware and it say up to date version 1511 build 10586 I think this is the latest? Doesnt have wifi issue in 2.4ghz but I will check wifi for 5ghz when I get home. I love the screen of 950xl, battery is good in idle even in battery saving the phone doesnt lag. When opening the edge browser the phone gets warm I hope windows will fix this. I love the integration of facebook and twitter in the people hub but facebook has a bug when syncing contacts. Apps like facebook, messenger, twitter, instagram looks undated and have more bugs compare to ios and android but can tolerate. Since I'm new in lumia phone when I push the lock button the phone doesnt go to sleep automatically but it will go to like screensaver with time, date notification does this consume battery? It doesnt have an option to automatically go to sleep. Windows 10 mobile looks promising, if official facebook, twitter, instagram, messenger, viber and windows firmware frequently update like in ios and android I prefer this than ios and android. Overall love the phone but I hope windows push more update and quickfix.
    Last edited by Quezacot; 12-16-2015 at 05:26 AM.
    12-16-2015 05:02 AM
    First off, congrats on the Lumia 950 XL! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the phone so far.
    The "screensaver" you are seeing is the Glance screen that is displays user selected information. You can change how long it lasts by going to "Settings", then "Extras", and then "Glance Screen". There you can set how long the screen stays on after locking the phone, the information it displays, and even sit a night mode for the Glance screen.
    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
    12-16-2015 02:13 PM
    Love my 950XL I am getting a whole day out of the battery with around 20% left after 16 hours and a lot of photos and facebook.
    I don't use Windows Hello and I think the major improvement to the battery live is switching off NFC and page prediction in Edge under settings - advance settings. Edge no longer runs hot.
    12-17-2015 06:55 AM
    You can link the 2 sims into a single icon. Works great. Battery is acceptable for heavy usage. Barely uses battery when idle. I have very thick glassed with transition lenses. Hello works very well. It works near perfect with no glasses and not quite as good but very respectable with glasses. The key is training the phone and looking at the front camera on the right side. Mist folks having issues likely are looking at the red light om the left or in the center. I am tested LTE speeds ln 3 separate phones including my dial sim 950xl. It definitely
    12-17-2015 07:28 PM
    Accidently submitted. It definitely isn't slower on lte than my other 2 phones. I am new to WP and really like the phone and the os. Just as buggy as the rest but fixes have been coming quickly. Over all a very positive experience and glad I got the phone. I bought one for my 85 year old father as her loves Win10 and struggles with fruit products.
    12-17-2015 07:32 PM
    First off, congrats on the Lumia 950 XL! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the phone so far.
    The "screensaver" you are seeing is the Glance screen that is displays user selected information. You can change how long it lasts by going to "Settings", then "Extras", and then "Glance Screen". There you can set how long the screen stays on after locking the phone, the information it displays, and even sit a night mode for the Glance screen.
    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
    I found the glance option and turn it off for now. I love the glance screen but its too sensitive whenever its off then touch the screen anywhere it just goes back. I'm looking for the keyboard character preview to turn off it seems it doesnt have right?
    12-18-2015 04:13 AM
    You can link the 2 sims into a single icon. Works great. Battery is acceptable for heavy usage. Barely uses battery when idle. I have very thick glassed with transition lenses. Hello works very well. It works near perfect with no glasses and not quite as good but very respectable with glasses. The key is training the phone and looking at the front camera on the right side. Mist folks having issues likely are looking at the red light om the left or in the center. I am tested LTE speeds ln 3 separate phones including my dial sim 950xl. It definitely
    How do you link 2 sims into single icon? I have only 1 sim but I want to remove that ugly second sim icon that I dont use in the upper left of the screen.
    12-18-2015 04:15 AM
    How do you link 2 sims into single icon? I have only 1 sim but I want to remove that ugly second sim icon that I dont use in the upper left of the screen.
    Sorry. Misunderstood you wanted to get rid if icon un upper left. I was thinking of the option to link the phone and sms tiles.
    12-18-2015 10:36 PM
    Alright, so, for anyone new who doesn't have the phone yet, after today's news that .29 is coming out to non-insiders while .36 is coming to insiders of both the 950 and 950 XL, I'll no longer have to say that you have to hard reset your phone anymore! :D
    12-19-2015 12:13 PM
    Glad to hear you made the step There are lots of great chaps here, so just ask in case you need advise / help.
    For me, idle performance is around 0.6% per hour when sitting during the night. That means, theoretically it could do that for around week. I know that ihones are famously great in idle consumption - almost none. Be sure to have the newest 10586.36 build installed, it is out now for insiders and retil as well.

Best regards,
    Corwin
    12-19-2015 02:02 PM
    Glad to hear you made the step There are lots of great chaps here, so just ask in case you need advise / help.
    For me, idle performance is around 0.6% per hour when sitting during the night. That means, theoretically it could do that for around week. I know that ihones are famously great in idle consumption - almost none. Be sure to have the newest 10586.36 build installed, it is out now for insiders and retil as well.

Best regards,
    Corwin
    Still im in .29 build. already checked firmware update. how to become windows insder?
    12-19-2015 04:09 PM
    Glance really uses virtually no battery... You don't really need to turn it off.

The fact of the matter is your screen is going to use up the majority of your battery so I wouldn't worry too much about idle time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 04:20 PM
    Still im in .29 build. already checked firmware update. how to become windows insder?
    install windows insider app, register with your microsoft acount and search for builds, choose insider fast or slow, go to settings and search for updates!! easy
    12-19-2015 04:46 PM
    I'd be willing to recommend it when MS gets their software finished. Right now W10M is a beta in everything but name, and some of their apps like Groove are just riddled with issues.
    12-19-2015 08:20 PM
57 123