Do you recommend 950xl?

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Accidently submitted. It definitely isn't slower on lte than my other 2 phones. I am new to WP and really like the phone and the os. Just as buggy as the rest but fixes have been coming quickly. Over all a very positive experience and glad I got the phone. I bought one for my 85 year old father as her loves Win10 and struggles with fruit products.

Quezacot

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
First off, congrats on the Lumia 950 XL! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the phone so far.
The "screensaver" you are seeing is the Glance screen that is displays user selected information. You can change how long it lasts by going to "Settings", then "Extras", and then "Glance Screen". There you can set how long the screen stays on after locking the phone, the information it displays, and even sit a night mode for the Glance screen.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I found the glance option and turn it off for now. I love the glance screen but its too sensitive whenever its off then touch the screen anywhere it just goes back. I'm looking for the keyboard character preview to turn off it seems it doesnt have right?

Quezacot

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
You can link the 2 sims into a single icon. Works great. Battery is acceptable for heavy usage. Barely uses battery when idle. I have very thick glassed with transition lenses. Hello works very well. It works near perfect with no glasses and not quite as good but very respectable with glasses. The key is training the phone and looking at the front camera on the right side. Mist folks having issues likely are looking at the red light om the left or in the center. I am tested LTE speeds ln 3 separate phones including my dial sim 950xl. It definitely

How do you link 2 sims into single icon? I have only 1 sim but I want to remove that ugly second sim icon that I dont use in the upper left of the screen.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
How do you link 2 sims into single icon? I have only 1 sim but I want to remove that ugly second sim icon that I dont use in the upper left of the screen.
Sorry. Misunderstood you wanted to get rid if icon un upper left. I was thinking of the option to link the phone and sms tiles.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so, for anyone new who doesn't have the phone yet, after today's news that .29 is coming out to non-insiders while .36 is coming to insiders of both the 950 and 950 XL, I'll no longer have to say that you have to hard reset your phone anymore! :D

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear you made the step There are lots of great chaps here, so just ask in case you need advise / help.
For me, idle performance is around 0.6% per hour when sitting during the night. That means, theoretically it could do that for around week. I know that ihones are famously great in idle consumption - almost none. Be sure to have the newest 10586.36 build installed, it is out now for insiders and retil as well.

Best regards,
Corwin

Quezacot

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear you made the step There are lots of great chaps here, so just ask in case you need advise / help.
For me, idle performance is around 0.6% per hour when sitting during the night. That means, theoretically it could do that for around week. I know that ihones are famously great in idle consumption - almost none. Be sure to have the newest 10586.36 build installed, it is out now for insiders and retil as well.

Best regards,
Corwin

Still im in .29 build. already checked firmware update. how to become windows insder?

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Glance really uses virtually no battery... You don't really need to turn it off.

The fact of the matter is your screen is going to use up the majority of your battery so I wouldn't worry too much about idle time.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'd be willing to recommend it when MS gets their software finished. Right now W10M is a beta in everything but name, and some of their apps like Groove are just riddled with issues.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It's a great phone that as a Windows phone fan I would get it if I didn't need WiFi calling now.

But it's a shame MS shipped out with a beta OS. I couldn't and wouldn't recommend the phone to a non enthusiast. because of that.

Actually, I take it back. I wouldn't recommend to a non enthusiast because of the app gap. Yeah I went there. When I think of the nin techy people I know. They want the apos and no matter how great the OS midge be. They're never embrace it because it's the apo gap

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love my 950xl..best Windows Phone I have owned. The hardware is top of the line, and if the OS is not perfect yet, it will only get better with updates. There may be a few apps I am missing, but I have all that I really need. So to somebody who likes Windows Phones, I would highly recommend it. To an Iphone or Android user, if the critical apps that user needs is available, and they are not locked into an OS, I would recommend they give it a look.

Quezacot

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Didn't expect to have lots of bugs in the os itself, even the wifi has some issue in 5ghz keeps disconnecting. Tiles wont work (fb, etc.). Bugs must be minimal for a $600 phone.. I hope ms just release update quickly..

Last edited:

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Didn't expect to have lots of bugs in the os itself, even the wifi has some issue in 5ghz keeps disconnecting. Tiles wont work (fb, etc.). Bugs must be minimal for a $600 phone.. I hope ms just release update quickly..
Good thing you don't own an $1100 iPhone. Even goliath has lots of bugs on a new release. No os is immune to bugs. Personally I am pleased at the rate issues are being fixed. WaaS should continue to improve and rollout updates and fixes more rapidly.

As iOS users can detest price of phone and even market share have no berring on the number of bugs. Both of the big boys have had very severe bugs in their latest offerings.

Unfortunately there is no perfect phone or os and WP is no worse IMHO.

artybee

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine 4 days and updated to the latest release (10586.36) on day 1. The phone has only frozen once in that time, is incredibly smooth in use, and I saw a drop of only 20% in battery life in 10 hours today after around 15 minutes of use and the rest in standby. As a long term Android user the apps are sufficient for my use -albeit some lack all of the functionality I'm used to - but I'm hopeful the renewed interest in the windows space will drive more updates. The only negatives so far are the power and volume buttons which feel a little cheap, and the light weight of the phone takes some getting used to. Overall I'm very happy with my decision to make the switch (so far!) and I'm looking forward to seeing how the OS evolves.

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend it to any one but please keep your mind open this is not Haemorrhoid and this is not pineapple! it is Windows 10 for Mobile!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss