I updated now my Device hub app and now the gadgets app is not seeing any of my accessories. Won't see the continuum display dock, headphones wireless headphones and my wireless chargers. I'm using a 950XL

Any fix for this?
    12-11-2015 10:12 PM
    I updated now my Device hub app and now the gadgets app is not seeing any of my accessories. Won't see the continuum display dock, headphones wireless headphones and my wireless chargers.

Any fix for this?
    Do a hard reset.
    12-11-2015 10:16 PM
    Do a hard reset.
    Not the answer I wanted to hear
    12-11-2015 10:37 PM
    It works well on my L920(w10), but doesn't work on my L830(8.1 update 2)...
    12-14-2015 12:06 PM
    I got it to work partially. Still doesn't open up with the app, but when I tapped the NFC on my dt-910 qi stand and was able to launch the gadget app on that particular device and i was able to pin the shortcut on my start screen.
    12-15-2015 11:12 AM
    Still not working as of today on Insider 14926 and 950XL
    09-15-2016 04:28 AM
    I'm using Lumia 950 with build 10.0.14393.189 and latest firmware ...35035. Gadgets app is not working for me either. It stopped working after the anniversary update (14393 branch)installed. Hard reset did not fix it.
    09-20-2016 10:38 AM
    I'm using Lumia 950 with build 10.0.14393.189 and latest firmware ...35035. Gadgets app is not working for me either. It stopped working after the anniversary update (14393 branch)installed. Hard reset did not fix it.
    I'm using Lumia 930, after latest insider fast build I had to reset to production a.u. As everything broke... Gadgets app doesn't find any accessories now... Kind of a big screw up if you ask me..
    09-20-2016 02:49 PM
    Same with my Lumia 950xl. I just bought a MS display dock for my 950xl. Gadgets doesn't see it, so I can't update it. And its not working right. If I play a video on my 950xl, the tv plays the sound. If I play a video on my tv with continuum, my phone plays the sound. I think an update to the display dock will work...but I can't do that unless gadgets sees it...Unless someone knows how I can update my display dock on a pc?
    09-20-2016 08:27 PM
    I just saw this post on the Microsoft forums from a month ago:

Basith M replied on August 26, 2016
    Microsoft Forum Moderator
    In reply to A user TZ's post on August 26, 2016
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there is an issue preventing the deployment of the new Gadgets app. Version 4.4.1607.11000.* It was available to Insiders briefly but will no longer available until the issue has been resolved. This means that, if you're a retail user, switching to the Windows Insider Rings will not give you the update at this point.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you--we'll update the thread when it's been resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Basith M
    - Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)
    3 people found this helpful
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ea05330?page=5
    09-20-2016 08:45 PM
    Just got a Ncom Bluetooth intercom for my helmet and couldn't find it with the gadget app and I couldn't delete the old gadgets already on the app ,now I know why ,not that it's much help ,least the phone can find it and connect to it ,I'm not on the insider by the way
    09-21-2016 03:51 PM
    It appears mine broke on August 16th :( I must have updated then.
    09-21-2016 06:56 PM
    I connect all of my BT devices through Settings/ Bluetooth, always, on all of my phones, tablets, etc...
    My BT headset, is working as expected, without the help of the Gadgets app.
    Sony SBH54 "Smart BT" receiver.
    Text messages are read out, other notifications come through, music controls work, I can invoke Cortana with a press and hold on the Call button.

I am not sure what is missing without "Gadgets"?

When I saw this thread I checked the app and found it offered the same additional functionality my Sony app offered on Android.
    But when I rechecked on my Android, some of the functions have been removed.
    Like, perform an action (open an app, read the time, etc...) when the BT unit connects/ disconnects. It was buggy and didn't always work.

One of the reasons I stuck with Windows Phone was for the native(?) BT funtionality, specifically, reading text over BT. I can't seem to keep Android doing it as consistently/ flawlessly as WP.
    09-22-2016 12:30 AM
    Here's a fix. Just sideload it and should update the existing one installed.

https://www.mediafire.com/?zxy1c99ucj1hybj
    StanP50, coolj40041 and toreshii like this.
    09-23-2016 03:30 AM

Thanks for the update! My gadgets app is working like usual.
    09-23-2016 05:12 AM
    Can this app be vetted somehow? I'd hate to introduce a hazard to the environment.
    09-23-2016 03:31 PM
    Can this app be vetted somehow? I'd hate to introduce a hazard to the environment.
    Oh yes sure, I've added a key logger in it along with remote control and etc. But apart from the sarcasm this is the version that was in the insider builds. It works very well as it used to before the anniversary update. So far maybe it's just me and a few handful people are enjoying automatically starting apps and managing other devices with this app. Until then, when it gets updated it will overwrite the existing files anyway, so yeah I really like Groove music starting up when I connect to my beats headphone, it's like it knows what to do - now that's a smart phone!
    uuiese and gbobman like this.
    09-23-2016 09:36 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about. Thanks so much for the link and app. Works like a charm, great just great. Nice to have the Gadgets available and working.
    09-24-2016 10:11 AM
    Originally posted by travis_valkyrie

Thanks
    09-25-2016 12:21 PM
    Oh yes sure, I've added a key logger in it along with remote control and etc. But apart from the sarcasm this is the version that was in the insider builds. It works very well as it used to before the anniversary update. So far maybe it's just me and a few handful people are enjoying automatically starting apps and managing other devices with this app. Until then, when it gets updated it will overwrite the existing files anyway, so yeah I really like Groove music starting up when I connect to my beats headphone, it's like it knows what to do - now that's a smart phone!
    Can never be too careful. As some others tried it prior to me, thank you all. And yes, it works.
    09-25-2016 05:10 PM
    I've got the same problem - one day continuum stopped playing video so I only watch Netflix on my phone...ugh. I saw an update for the dock, hoping that would fix the problem, but gadgets doesn't see it. I don't understand the mediafire gadgets app or what "sideload" means so I don't know how to get it. Help!!
    09-27-2016 07:40 PM

Thank you very much for this suggestion. Worked like a charm. Was able to update my dock perfectly.

-Go to the site above and download the file onto your phone
    -On the phone go to Settings-Updates and Security-For Developers
    -Select Sideload Apps, select Yes on the popup box
    -Go to where the downloaded file is and tap it to activate. Select Install
    -Open Gadgets app.
    -Plug in your dock and Gadgets should see it.
    -Select the dock icon when it comes up, go to the bottom of the screen and you should see the Update button. (Mine updated to 4.0)
    09-27-2016 09:18 PM
    Thanks! Worked perfectly a day after installing. I didn't dare open the Gadgets app yesterday because I had no idea if it was finished installing already or not. Anyway, thanks again!

PS: I just downloaded it and opened it from the downloads section of Edge. Is there a difference if I do it that way instead of the previously mentioned method?
    Last edited by toreshii; 09-28-2016 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Add more info
    09-28-2016 09:05 PM