Outbox ?search directory? does not find contacts when queried!

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When entering a name in the ?to? field in a new email, auto complete will find names that have been previously sent completed emails on the phone. However if the contact you are trying to send an email to has never been utilized, and you press ?search directory?, it does not find any entries. This happens even if you only use one letter and you know that there might be 50 to 100 contacts with that first letter being in their address or name.
This is very frustrating.
Also, the auto complete field apparently does not synchronize with the auto complete field in Outlook on the computers
obviously I?m using Windows phone 10 with new Outlook, and using office 365 with all the updates on computers. Also my contacts are in a hosted exchange account and that is the phone book that I am utilizing for contacts on the phone.
I don?t remember having this problem on Windows phone 8.1
any suggestions or recommendations?
:unhappy:

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Odd, that is how it works with my setup. The mail and contacts client is weak. With 8.1 a pinned contact would show a number to indicate they had sent you a message. This and history seems to have been lost in WM10

martinfab

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Ya, agreed the search function does not work at all. Some names have been showing up in a drop down list and others do not. Definitely if I have emailed them with the phone. The techs at the Microsoft store were no help. Their 950xl worked fine with this function. They were shocked that mine didn't. Of course they said, hard reset and updates were the fix! Seems the be the general answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss