Still stuck on 10586.0 even after hard reset

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally bit the bullet and did a hard reset to try to pick up the update, and STILL can't get it. Any other suggestions? I have tried rebooting the phone after the hard reset. It still tells me that my phone is up to date every time I check for updates.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally bit the bullet and did a hard reset to try to pick up the update, and STILL can't get it. Any other suggestions? I have tried rebooting the phone after the hard reset. It still tells me that my phone is up to date every time I check for updates.

Where do you live?

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I live in Texas, it isn't a regional issue. I was able to pick it up by reregistering to the Insider program. MSFT knows there is a problem, but a hard reset was supposed to fix to be able to pick up the retail upgrade.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I initially had a problem finding .29 after a hard reset (non Insider, just normal). Waited an hour, nothing. Shut down/restarted, then it found the update.

irspecere

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked 950xl. After hard reset and reboots, I too try again to update to .29 with no success. Anyone with other suggestions?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
If I hard reset again without restoring and if it gives me the option to update to .29, can I then hard reset once more and use the restore feature without losing the new update?

Yes once you complete the update future resets will maintain the code rev level of last successful update, though if that works then it's probable that something in the backup is what's causing the issue...not sure if you want that "something" (whatever it might be) floating around to potentially cause issues for the next time but that's just me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss