Groove Music SD Card Storage Problems

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Five of them are on 8.1 while me and my girlfriend are on Windows 10.
I thought by upgrading to Windows 10 the problem would be solved but no such luck.
I have tried two Samsung Cards 32gb and 64gb plus a Sandisk 64gb but they all do this.

AK1992

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello sir just want to know that I'm using 640xl n m in warranty n want to update my phone will the m care charge money from me

ReachJasonHere

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
OK, I got and installed the Samsung EVO 128GB SD Card. I can now take pictures and video with it as the destination storage. I still cannot do any mass data transfers through the phone as it will eventually reboot. I was successful at deleting my DRM-free music from internal storage and installing the same folder via the PC card slot, then installing the SD in the phone. Groove re-indexed and everything seems fine with the exception of one unexpected reboot. We'll see going forward. It would appear that the Samsung card has provided more stability but it is still not performing as I would guess was the intent of engineers -would love to be able to move large files to and from the phone via Type-C but it will cause a reboot and failure -on either card.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Lexar 1000x 128gb uhs-Ui and have had no issues whatsoever. Copied all of my music and have taken quite a few long 4k videos.

JieXY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, I got and installed the Samsung EVO 128GB SD Card. I can now take pictures and video with it as the destination storage. I still cannot do any mass data transfers through the phone as it will eventually reboot. I was successful at deleting my DRM-free music from internal storage and installing the same folder via the PC card slot, then installing the SD in the phone. Groove re-indexed and everything seems fine with the exception of one unexpected reboot. We'll see going forward. It would appear that the Samsung card has provided more stability but it is still not performing as I would guess was the intent of engineers -would love to be able to move large files to and from the phone via Type-C but it will cause a reboot and failure -on either card.

Get it replaced! Reboots associated with SD cards are highly likely due to hardware-related issues. I've replaced mine and never had any reboots even using the same SD card which previously was causing frequent reboots.

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a 64GB Samsung Evo Pro and have copied 40GB of music to it with no problems whatsoever, definitely seems to be SD card specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99