How to improve 950XL Battery Life

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes I can say same thing yesterday I disconnected the phone at 7am by 7pm I had 70% left you know why because I didn't use the phone at all of course I can say that its awesome but its not because I ain't using like I normally do. Today disconnected at 8am now its 9:06am and its down to 83% just web browsing yea awesome battery, I dont have skype setup and I did like 5 resets from scratch no fix plus this is my second phone first 950xl acted the same. So yea Idle battery great turn on the screen and is crap

My Samsung S6 edge doing the same things I do with my 950XL gets to around lunchtime and needs to be charged from my vehicle, the 950XL gets me thru the day on a single charge and still has around 30% at 9PM, meanwhile my S6 has gone on the charger twice in that time frame. Unfortunately batteries are a bit behind the times when it comes to new high spec'd phones and do not last as long as you think they should, you need to adjust and find a happy medium with the new phones today, I leave the iPhone out of this equation as it is NOT a high spec'd phone.

dragonwolf83

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting excellent battery life on mine. I used GPS for 1 hour drive and still had a lot more juice than my old 925 or 520. I also went to bed with 30% and was putting in on a charger, but power went out, woke up with 29% battery 4 hours later, spent next 5 hours out on XMAS and never ran out of battery by the time I got home and put on the charger.

Max Brightness: 25% w/ Auto-Brightness enabled. Still very readable and prefer it to 50% now.
Hey Cortana: Enabled
Windows Hello: Disabled
Glance Screen: Disabled
Wi-Fi: Enabled
Bluetooth: Enabled
NFC: Enabled
Mail: 2 accounts Sync as they come in, Yahoo 15 minutes
Location Services: Enabled

So basically, everything enabled except Glance and Windows Hello. I think Windows Hello made a big difference because the device was getting hot before then, turned it off and it doesn't get warm very much, even on GPS.

For Build, I'm on Windows Insider .36 and I've reset the phone after. Though I was still having the device get way too hot at first so not sure if it was the build, Windows Hello, or combo of both.

Firmware is still stock.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, it has a 2K screen, i ll give you that, but to me 1080p screen with 50% better battery life is a no brainer.
1520 is quadcore and it is clocked faster, and half of 950xl cores are not as powerful.
The 6S is faster than the 950XL despite having only two cores, that was my whole point.

How is continuum relevant in this equation, it runs connected to a dock, powered up?

I might agree that iPhone 6S runs faster but the battery life is horrible compared to any Lumia (even the older ones).

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, it has a 2K screen, i ll give you that, but to me 1080p screen with 50% better battery life is a no brainer

The battery on 1520 is bigger, 3340 vs 3400, and the 1520 has less sensors. Also, the 1520 battery life is bigger on WP8.x than on W10M.

The 6S is faster than the 950XL despite having only two cores, that was my whole point.

Faster in which area?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
All i have heard is why the 950XL has worse battery life, do i care? no.
The bottom line is, it has worse battery life.

The battery on 1520 is bigger, 3340 vs 3400, and the 1520 has less sensors. Also, the 1520 battery life is bigger on WP8.x than on W10M.

Faster in which area?
Web browsing.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure Microsoft Edge will be better on each update.

Now there is something we can agree with, lets just say, when Edge is ready, you run the test again and let us know.
Bottom line is Qualcomm 810 is not the fastest or fuel efficient processor around, hopefully the 820 will be worth buying.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Now there is something we can agree with, lets just say, when Edge is ready, you run the test again and let us know.
Bottom line is Qualcomm 810 is not the fastest or fuel efficient processor around, hopefully the 820 will be worth buying.

Snapdragon 810 is the fastest qualcomm cpu, and the battery is fine, just wait to January-February, there will be Hello and Cortana updates, and probably the update to OneCore.

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have everything on except Cortana. Motion, location, bluetooth, wifi, glance, fb, messenger, twitter, whatsapp, outlook, and so on.. And my Microsoft Band is connected all times. I have not made any compromises about usability, except cortana which is not available in my region or language. Phone has latest FW and .29 OS and I find battery life rather good. Text in picture is Finnish, but it says time from last charge is 2 days 1 hour. I haven't use phone much, reading few emails received and replied few SMS and FB messenger posts, browsing little web and used twitter about 20 minutes.wp_ss_20151230_0003.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss