4k video recording stuttering when saved to device? 950 XL

Duskmourn

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with 4k video stuttering during recording and after when you go to watch the video on my Lumia 950 XL. Fairly certain it's all updated and I can't get the .29 update yet cause it was removed, just curious. I'm actually saving them to my device while the rest of my stuff gets saved to my micro SD because I'm waiting on the high read/write card to come in.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with 4k video stuttering during recording and after when you go to watch the video on my Lumia 950 XL. Fairly certain it's all updated and I can't get the .29 update yet cause it was removed, just curious. I'm actually saving them to my device while the rest of my stuff gets saved to my micro SD because I'm waiting on the high read/write card to come in.

I got this on the 930 when on windows 10 but it was perfect in 8.1

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i had that issue today. not just 4k but all video settings. i did hard reset and restored from a backup from just before i did the reset and same thing. i did another reset when i came home but did fresh or whatever you call it not using backup. and i just bluetooth transfered contacts from other phone. seems to be working fine now

Duskmourn

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
So I've pinpointed the problem. When you select to save video to an SD card it doesn't mean videos you record, it means videos you download from other sources. Video you record are saved to and are included in photos so if your sd card has a slow read/write speed video will stutter when watching and when recording. Just got my Samsung Pro+ micro SD that reads/writes much faster and it works well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos