Finally got MOZO case for 950 XL!

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from MobileFun three weeks ago. I received two updates from them moving the shipping date out each time. Got another notice last Friday that my case had SHIPPED DHL Priority from UK to US. I have the cover securely installed on my 950 XL as of this morning, and I LOVE IT!

My first thought was "why on earth did MS not design the phones with this type back to begin with?" I would have paid $40 more for this solid feel of initial quality. I have the MOZO black leather back cover, and it makes all the difference in the world. The phone finally feels like a PREMIUM device under and over the hood now.

The phone has slightly more heft.
The texture is soft and classy. (and it has a lovely leather smell)
The cover is about 1mm thicker than the white plastic back the phone came with.
The BUTTONS are sooooo much nicer in the hand. No sharp edges or plasticky metallic shine. No wiggling at all.
The phone just feels solid. I no longer feel like I have aesthetically subpar hardware, justified only by specs.

Did I mention the buttons? LOL! Sorry, but I cannot believe what a difference this cover makes. Should have been a no-brainer for MS to partner up and integrate these into the phones at launch.

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the brown leather case that I got 4 days ago. Absolutely turns this phone into a premium looking device and I didn't have to give up wireless charging. Best of all, I do not have to put a cover that grows the size of the phone just to protect it. The Gorilla Glass 4 on the front is tough as can be and this case will do great on the back.

WoodyPWX

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
What about squeaking of the back cover. Did it the original back cover you have and is it better now? I like the original one, but the squeaking drives me crazy. I thought I can fix that by buying Mozo's but someone said it it's not fixed entirely

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Minor--very minor creak still present at lower left back corner. Mine was horrid before with the white factory cover. I don't notice it in the Mozo cover unless I force it to creak, and I mean try hard.

I can't take pics till I get home to my 1520 since my camera is my phone.

I CAN say, at last I like my 950 XL more than my 1520!

OUFCGav

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got mine (black leather & silver metal) from clove.co.uk today and have just fitted it. Got to say, I wasn't totally convinced I was going to like it, and I actually quite like the standard back. But, clipping it on it feels very secure, absolutely no creak, buttons feel better.
It is very much first impressions, but great so far.

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine from MobileFun 3 weeks ago as well and now they have pushed back my order but cannot tell me when it will ship. Getting really impatient here! I wanted it before Christmas!

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the slightly rubbishy photos, taken from an Android HTC....
Also, the what looks like poor fit on the top was me putting it on badly - have refitted it and its now much better.
IMAG0016.jpg
IMAG0019.jpg
IMAG0020.jpg

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
verynice looking...Im going to wait 6 months and get one when it is more around $25....I actually like the stock back. I'm not sure why everyone hates it, but I love it. In six months when I want something a little fresh, hopefully, i will be able to buy one for lesser price. It looks really nice.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if the frame looks and feels like the 930 or 830 metal. I wonder if it's as solid and if the metal looks like real metal because in the pictures to me it seems to look more like shiny/glossy metallic plastic.

But nonetheless it looks nice. I just wish MS would make their own colorful poly metal framed backs. They'd probably look much better than these and not being limited to leather would be nice.

derylmccarty

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a red/gold direct from Mozo, probably should have waited for a while but I figured that the heftier Mozo would solve the back cover creaking/squeaking issue. I even went into the MSFT store in Bellevue and asked for another back cover if for no other reason than to check whether the cover or the case were the issue. Alas, it was the case. The very customer service oriented Asst Mgr said she would replace the whole phone when they got some in. Maybe this weekend, said they. We shall see. In any case, pun intended, I am staying with the Mozo order so that over time it may add to the case's structural integrity ... ok, yes, and premium look and feel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077