Price Drop After Holidays

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you think that there will a price drop on both Lumias after the holidays?

yes there will be a price drop after the holidays...100% guarantee. Price drop in January? No one knows. Probably not. Price drop next December (2016)? Very likely, I'm 99% sure we will see a price drop by the end of next year (way after the 2015 holiday season). I could see a $50-$100 drop at 6 months old.

If people knew when the price drops are going to happen, no one would buy it now. Price drops always happen after you buy something. Sometimes the day after, sometimes a month after. If you want and could afford it, get it. No point in playing this game

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Price drops always happen after you buy something.

Ain't that the truth. I got my Band 1 on October 3rd, 2015. Paid $149. Soon after $129 was the norm then $99, then a blowout at $79 and back uo to $99...

But I actually have a Band 1 and am not still just dreaming about getting it. :winktongue:

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just sold mine on eBay 620.00 so didn't really loose out I will hold out for the surface phone by then wm10 will be mature and hopefully the app situation is better.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
would you still quality for a continum device if you waited? I am under the impression its only available for free on pre-order and whilst stock last.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
its crazy I just sold my lumia 950 XL yesterday on eBay for 620.00 and this morning I have a email from UPS saying that a package is coming. I go to the microsoft website they have shipped the dock so I guess I will hold on to that until the surface phone comes in 2016.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ain't that the truth. I got my Band 1 on October 3rd, 2015. Paid $149. Soon after $129 was the norm then $99, then a blowout at $79 and back uo to $99...

But I actually have a Band 1 and am not still just dreaming about getting it. :winktongue:

The Band 1 is over a year old this is expected as they are emptying the supply. Now if this was the Band 2 and you got it on OCT 249.00 and as of today it was 149.00 then that is a true deal but a device over a year old is normal for that to happen.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The Band 1 is over a year old this is expected as they are emptying the supply. Now if this was the Band 2 and you got it on OCT 249.00 and as of today it was 149.00 then that is a true deal but a device over a year old is normal for that to happen.

Yeah, that one is a different story. If there is a rumored phone coming out in a month, the old phone will certainly get a drop once the new one comes out. It's always a good idea to wait just a couple weeks after the new model comes out. If there were strong rumors of a surface phone in January 2016 (not the whispers going around, while most say fall 2016), then I would say there will be a drop in price of the 950xl by february and it would be better to wait. For now there aren't any flagships on the horizon until Fall 2016 (a year later). No point in waiting. Get the phone now and enjoy it for a year

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that one is a different story. If there is a rumored phone coming out in a month, the old phone will certainly get a drop once the new one comes out. It's always a good idea to wait just a couple weeks after the new model comes out. If there were strong rumors of a surface phone in January 2016 (not the whispers going around, while most say fall 2016), then I would say there will be a drop in price of the 950xl by february and it would be better to wait. For now there aren't any flagships on the horizon until Fall 2016 (a year later). No point in waiting. Get the phone now and enjoy it for a year
I see they already dropped the price of the 950 so that price drop for the 950 xl could be happening sooner. At this point I want that surface phone whether it's second qtr or third qtr I am ready to gamble again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven