Visual voicemail is not available on dual SIM phones that are running Windows 10 Mobile.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Check your People App. On my phones under "I" there were 2 entries added: ISeeVM Activate and ISeeVM Deactivate. Call the activate number.

Also inside ISeeVM > ... > settings > call setup > make sure it shows your carrier and tap the "verify your call setup" button.

I have the two entries, but when I call the Activate number, I just get the message "There was a problem with this code". Same thing happens if I open the phone app and manually dial the number.

Anybody else have this problem and figure out a way to get around it?

-Skippy

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the two entries, but when I call the Activate number, I just get the message "There was a problem with this code". Same thing happens if I open the phone app and manually dial the number.

-Skippy

I gotta ask....don't be offended. You did got to YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls and setup a free account first? I only ask because I don't think you are doing anything different than everyone else that chose this VVM solution. One of my favorite things about it is that it is so obviously well thought out that enrolling is painless. Or seemingly so.

My only advice would be to uninstall the app and the contacts and start over?

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I gotta ask....don't be offended. You did got to YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls and setup a free account first? I only ask because I don't think you are doing anything different than everyone else that chose this VVM solution. One of my favorite things about it is that it is so obviously well thought out that enrolling is painless. Or seemingly so.

My only advice would be to uninstall the app and the contacts and start over?

Ask away, I've been known to make dumb mistakes. :wink:

Yes, I'm using an existing YouMail account I setup to use with my Palm Pre back in the day. Had to reactivate it and update my carrier to AT&T.

I really don't think uninstalling the app and the contacts would make any difference as my issue has nothing to do with the app. The problem is when I'm trying to dial the code which will setup conditional forwarding with AT&T, which is before doing anything with the app. The contacts ISeeVM adds are just for convenience so that you don't have to manually dial the long code when activating or deactivating.

However, having said all that, I'll probably delete the app and contacts and reinstall anyway. I've seen stranger things happen.

-Skippy

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You're a good sport. Thanks. I really don't want to come across as a know-it-all. And since you have used Youmail before, you actually understand it much better than I do.
Wonder if previous account has any residual settings that are unintentionally nixing it on their end?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I am having the exact same issue. It is almost as if it has set the wrong forwarding code for ATT Wireless

-Skippy

martinfab

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I found out that my XL won't allow me to forward calls to another number. I went to the AT&T store for help. The 950 they had would not allow calls to be forwarded either. They seem to think it will work itself out. This is in Washington state. I could not set up the Youmail either. So I figured I would foward to my Google Voice number. It will send me a text or email transcription. No go cause I can't forward. ????????? AT&T and Microsoft have no answers for me.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I run YouMail + ISeeVM on my dual SIM BLU Win HD LTE (among other phones). I actually prefer it to carrier VVM. It is portable from phone to phone, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and phone number to phone number.

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.

Is it something you can put on your phone that will work alongside the AT&T voicemail while you're learning it or is it an all in app due to having to share the same messages? I have one phone (M8 Windows) that can use it since I pulled it off of Verizon and gave it to my mom on Tmobile. (no data except at home WiFi) but she has calling and texts. I guess I'll try it on there when I go over to her house.

Thanks.. MG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it something you can put on your phone that will work alongside the AT&T voicemail while you're learning it...

It changes the # your calls forward to when you don't answer. Away from your carrier default to a YouMail number. So if you enable YouMail your callers will not get routed to your ATT voice mail until you disable YouMail.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have BLU WIN HD LTE phone with dual SIM, it's running Windows 8.1 and it doesn't have
Visual Voice mail. I checked with AT&T, but not all techs on their end understand Window phones,
the person wanted me to go to google play to download an app to fix it. If I don't have youmail
all there is a recording of the voice mail, like flip phones get, write down who called and their
phone number, if you don't have it in your address book.
I thought it was Microsoft didn't create the app for the phone, when they built it.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I found out that my XL won't allow me to forward calls to another number. I went to the AT&T store for help. The 950 they had would not allow calls to be forwarded either. They seem to think it will work itself out. This is in Washington state. I could not set up the Youmail either. So I figured I would foward to my Google Voice number. It will send me a text or email transcription. No go cause I can't forward. ????????? AT&T and Microsoft have no answers for me.

I was able to implement youmail using their "special" forwarding string that they provide that's customized per provider with my XL.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What is the difference in YouMail's business version and personal version? $10 a month for business versus the $5 a month for personal takes me back to Verizon's charge. Is it just features or just using it on a business line? I'm really not jumping ship yet although AT&T's data measuring has me wondering what I stepped into.

MG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What is the difference in YouMail's business version and personal version? $10 a month for business versus the $5 a month for personal takes me back to Verizon's charge. Is it just features or just using it on a business line? I'm really not jumping ship yet although AT&T's data measuring has me wondering what I stepped into.

MG

This page explains it all... https://store.youmail.com/store/home#youmailPremium

I'm 100% happy with the free level.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
This page explains it all... https://store.youmail.com/store/home#youmailPremium

I'm 100% happy with the free level.

RumoredNow... Thanks for all of your answers. I couldn't find a download for it exactly in the MS App store but did find a companion app called ISeeVM for YouMail. Wasn't sure what or how it was tied in but reading what you gave me to look at I had a couple questions for you. If I use it on a business phone it isn't clear if I can put my own message for it on either the Free version or the Professional version. I'd like to jump in and start my journey away from the mothership of VM's provided by the carriers but I do have a perfectly good one that's working using the AT&T VM that comes with their phone. If I ever change to say TMobile it sounds like I have to get a new VM as none would be available on either an unlocked phone from MS or TMobile.

Thanks.. MG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
RumoredNow... Thanks for all of your answers.

You are welcome. What can I say, I'm a fan of YouMail... And you got it right, ISeeVM is what you use. It's the officially recognized 3rd party App for Windows phone.

Greetings. I use Smart Greeting and I love it. It greets any Contact I have by first name when they get my voicemail. There are many options including recording your own message or a list of alternates...

Capture.png

Capture02.png

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Ask away, I've been known to make dumb mistakes. :wink:

Yes, I'm using an existing YouMail account I setup to use with my Palm Pre back in the day. Had to reactivate it and update my carrier to AT&T.

I really don't think uninstalling the app and the contacts would make any difference as my issue has nothing to do with the app. The problem is when I'm trying to dial the code which will setup conditional forwarding with AT&T, which is before doing anything with the app. The contacts ISeeVM adds are just for convenience so that you don't have to manually dial the long code when activating or deactivating.

However, having said all that, I'll probably delete the app and contacts and reinstall anyway. I've seen stranger things happen.

-Skippy

I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app and contacts. I'm still getting the same error message as you. You ever get it working?

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app and contacts. I'm still getting the same error message as you. You ever get it working?

No, I never got it to work. I did some digging into the support area on YouMail's website and found some information which leads me to believe it may be due to my using an IMEI for an unsold AT&T branded Lumia 950 at the store so that I could get LTE. I came from Sprint, so I didn't have an existing SIM that I could transfer over to my 950 XL.

Here are the steps I found that made me think this:

Please Contact AT&T!

A 60 second call will resolved the problem you are having:

Dial 611 or (800) 331-0500
Enter 00# at every prompt
Request that the phone's IMEI is updated or added to your account
Then request to change your voicemail deposit number to (857) 216-6808​

At this point, since LTE is more important to me than VVM, I decided to just live with regular VM until AT&T adds our 950 XL's IMEIs to their database. Hopefully then I'll be able to setup YouMail or I'll then be able to follow the steps above to get it working.

-Skippy

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
No, I never got it to work. I did some digging into the support area on YouMail's website and found some information which leads me to believe it may be due to my using an IMEI for an unsold AT&T branded Lumia 950 at the store so that I could get LTE. I came from Sprint, so I didn't have an existing SIM that I could transfer over to my 950 XL.

Here are the steps I found that made me think this:

Please Contact AT&T!

A 60 second call will resolved the problem you are having:

Dial 611 or (800) 331-0500

Enter 00# at every prompt

Request that the phone's IMEI is updated or added to your account

Then request to change your voicemail deposit number to (857) 216-6808​

At this point, since LTE is more important to me than VVM, I decided to just live with regular VM until AT&T adds our 950 XL's IMEIs to their database. Hopefully then I'll be able to setup YouMail or I'll then be able to follow the steps above to get it working.

-Skippy

Had to add the imei from my 640 to get my LTE & hotspot to start working, now YouMail isn't working on either my 950XL or my 640. Just curious. Thanks Skippy.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Had to add the imei from my 640 to get my LTE & hotspot to start working, now YouMail isn't working on either my 950XL or my 640. Just curious. Thanks Skippy.

Wait.....You got LTE & Hotspot now?
And you got it by using the 640 IMEI?

I thought you had already done what everyone else had to do and still didn't get LTE & Hotspot? lol
Well regardless, I'm just glad you got over that hump. (But it turns out you just had to do what most if us had to do)

Ok, now you just need Youmail working. But I swear there is nothing magic to it. (For everyone that has it working)
Good luck!

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Recent posts in last 24 hours above.

Couple things I am curious about:

Someone mentioned needing IMEI changes for VVM and/or LTE.

Notable, new sim even (not a transfer) from my ATT Lumia 920 to a unbranded dual sim 950 XL from MS, LTE is working fine with the normal IMEI number associated (not a alternative IMEI from old or other device). Also, IMEI number changes are not likely every going to anything for VVM. Microsoft.com page exist that notes dual sim VVM is not supported in the OS..

VVM has been confirmed my some as working already on single sim unbranded/unlocked 950 XLs on ATT. So, unless ATT secretly already has IMEI info in their systems to make VVM work for a single sim variant they currently don't sell directly (just like the dual sim), I would not count on IMEI changes making VVM start working anytime soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion