Visual voicemail is not available on dual SIM phones that are running Windows 10 Mobile.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Wait.....You got LTE & Hotspot now?

And you got it by using the 640 IMEI?

I thought you had already done what everyone else had to do and still didn't get LTE & Hotspot? lol

Well regardless, I'm just glad you got over that hump. (But it turns out you just had to do what most if us had to do)

Ok, now you just need Youmail working. But I swear there is nothing magic to it. (For everyone that has it working)

Good luck!

Yeah, I've had to go through our account manager at work who had authority to talk to AT&T (business account). Was giving them the IMEI from my iPhone 6S Plus to no avail. Thought I'd try the 640 & presto, LTE & Hotspot!!

YouMail was working before all this, now I'm getting the error below anytime I try to either dial the Activate number provided or even the *61 route. Weird.
0dc93990d79a56615dad4e15098e2181.png

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Youmail this, 950 that. None of this is necessary. Just get a single SIM unlocked 950XL. Visual Voicemail works great (AT&T USA). Source: me. I returned my $620 950 and got a single SIM XL lightly used for $575 (w/Continuum dock and case/glass protector).

VVM and everything works perfectly on AT&T.

jandref

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just by a single sim 950 XL. Bought mine from clove.co.uk. Arrived in a couple days via DHL. AT&T VVM works perfectly. But yeah, MS has been holding onto the ball in mobile for far too long... No way you should have to look overseas to get the right phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just by a single sim 950 XL. Bought mine from clove.co.uk. Arrived in a couple days via DHL. AT&T VVM works perfectly. But yeah, MS has been holding onto the ball in mobile for far too long... No way you should have to look overseas to get the right phone.

I agree. I finally pulled the trigger on a 950XL SINGLE SIM off Amazon and the biggest hurdle for me was getting over the fact that it is an International version and sold without Warranty. Why MS doesn't just offer single SIM version along with dual SIM version in-store is beyond me.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I don't pretend to understand what all is involved, but it would be cool to have some method to disable a dual sim and have it behave as a single sim.
Similar to using a jumper on a Dual Processor motherboard when you only have\desire a Single Processor computer. The same OS can run either. (Although I do believe the OS loads different code, depending)

Still, just seems it would be an obstacle easily overcome. Even if it simply required the owner to use the WDRT to load one of 2 images, depending on their choice.

Hmmm, is there a different image for the single vs dual? If so, what happens if the single sim image is loaded on a dual sim...................

Apology for wandering off topic.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would suspect the difference is in the Firmware not the OS.

Yes, makes sense. So, would single sim firmware load and run on dual sim phone if designed to be compatible to?
Sort of like a software jumper. (referring to the dual socket motherboard. It only has 1 bios)

TDH69

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I hope someone at WPCentral can interview a Microsoft source and ask the questions about carrier provided Visual Voicemail.

There is no technological reason that non carrier branded phones (Dual or single SIM) are unable to use Visual Voicemail...

As carrier provided h/w, subsidized through 2 year plans fades, carrier features must become more available, or end up being bypassed entirely.

MS should fix this quickly. They could extend messaging and open it to carrier plugins downloadable from Store. Those plug ins could extend to Windows 10 both on phone and PC.

Lumia 950 XL (Single or Dual SIM) at $650.00 should certainly have carrier provided visual voicemail right now on ATT in USA. Other carriers as well as carriers adopt it...

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Recent posts in last 24 hours above.

Couple things I am curious about:

Someone mentioned needing IMEI changes for VVM and/or LTE.

Notable, new sim even (not a transfer) from my ATT Lumia 920 to a unbranded dual sim 950 XL from MS, LTE is working fine with the normal IMEI number associated (not a alternative IMEI from old or other device). Also, IMEI number changes are not likely every going to anything for VVM. Microsoft.com page exist that notes dual sim VVM is not supported in the OS..

VVM has been confirmed my some as working already on single sim unbranded/unlocked 950 XLs on ATT. So, unless ATT secretly already has IMEI info in their systems to make VVM work for a single sim variant they currently don't sell directly (just like the dual sim), I would not count on IMEI changes making VVM start working anytime soon.

If you're referring to my post and the ones following, the discussion was not about the VVM built into the OS. The discussion was about getting YouMail to work as an alternative. It appears the issue is getting the conditional call forwarding working (required by YouMail so that it can pick up your missed calls) when an IMEI was used from another phone to resolve the LTE issue.

-Skippy

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
If you're referring to my post and the ones following, the discussion was not about the VVM built into the OS. The discussion was about getting YouMail to work as an alternative. It appears the issue is getting the conditional call forwarding working (required by YouMail so that it can pick up your missed calls) when an IMEI was used from another phone to resolve the LTE issue.

-Skippy

Exactly the issue. I've got my account manager (I'm on a business account) talking to AT&T trying to fix my call forwarding issue. I will update as soon as they have contacted me telling me it's fixed. Hopefully it's a simple fix on AT&T's end.

Last edited:

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You know who's pulling for you. lol
Again, much to your chagrin probably, you are the poster boy of cellular service provisioning issues.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, AT&T says that the conditional call forwarding appears working on their end, so still no VVM through YouMail. But I will not give up!! I have LTE & hotspot, so vvm feels like a luxury at this point. Sure, I've had it for the past several years, but I'm enjoying this phone / WM experience too much to let that deter me.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
OK I'm sorry. What exactly is VVM? And why is it so seemingly important?
Personally, I can't be asked to use VM. I don't even set it up lol. But that's a personal thing!

Robbie Hall - Thanks button when I help!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK I'm sorry. What exactly is VVM? And why is it so seemingly important?
Personally, I can't be asked to use VM. I don't even set it up lol. But that's a personal thing!

VVM or Visual VoiceMail allows you to have the voicemail right on your phone without dialing into an inbox. You get text showing details about who called and when, etc. It has play, pause, delete and other controls. It plays like an audio file and you can mark times for coming back to important details easily.

It offers a Visual as well as an audio record of the VoiceMail. I find it severely useful, practical and efficient. Some services even offer a transcript sent to email.

Robbie Hall - Thanks button when I help!

You may want to change that to "Like." :winktongue:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I just set up iseevm for the 950 Xl. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, because I think that will be helpful. I have gotten used to having VVM, so this app is nice to have.

Thanks again to all.

One question on this app - is there any reason to import contacts?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just set up iseevm for the 950 Xl. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, because I think that will be helpful. I have gotten used to having VVM, so this app is nice to have.

Thanks again to all.

One question on this app - is there any reason to import contacts?

I didn't. I only got it up and running with the minimal config. Now that I've lived with it for a few weeks, it is far superior to the ATT VVM that I thought I would miss. You'll see after you have gotten a few calls. And the caller-id information you will be provided with some calls is outstanding!

Great product. I'm a bit embarrassed to have not known about it earlier. It's obviously a mature service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99