Visual voicemail is not available on dual SIM phones that are running Windows 10 Mobile.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I am almost afraid that I am getting a little accustomed to this phone. I was bought it to sell it, but while testing some other phones, I lost the sim adapter I was using in my 640, so I popped the sim in this phone, set it up, and started to use it.

I am still trying to get a 950, which I think I'll use as the daily, which I'll end up using, and still sell the XL. For now though, it sure is a nice phone.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've actually considered getting a single Sim 950XL and give the dual sim to a family member. And it's NOT for VVM! I'll stay with ISeeVM.
I'm convinced I'll get better weak-signal (1 or 2 bar) LTE from it. No way to verify without getting one.
(My old 1520 and a cheap 640 both grab and hold a weak signal better)

Sure would be easier if I just went with the smaller 950 from AT&T, but I'm a long time Big Phone convert.

Searcher2015

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Gordonfink...

Would you share some of the details of your situation as many seem to still have problem.
ATT ?
950 XL Dual Sim ?
LTE showing ?
Hotspot active if turned on in settings ?
Organic IMEI or a code from some other device ? Which model other device?

These facts may help some of us see the error in our ways on getting the Youmail ISeeVM working.
Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One question on this app - is there any reason to import contacts?

With YouMail/ISeeVM - I imported contacts. That allows my greeting to use the contact's name...

I.E.: You might hear, "Hi, gordonfink. RumoredNow can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message."

Of course it would have your, and my, first names unless those nicknames were given to YouMail.

Now that raises the question for me... Can anyone confirm that Smart Greeting works without contacts being synced to YouMail?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
With YouMail/ISeeVM - I imported contacts. That allows my greeting to use the contact's name...

I.E.: You might hear, "Hi, gordonfink. RumoredNow can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message."

Of course it would have your, and my, first names unless those nicknames were given to YouMail.

Now that raises the question for me... Can anyone confirm that Smart Greeting works without contacts being synced to YouMail?

Since I didn't do any kind of extravagant effort to start using this service, I wasn't sure what my callers were greeted with. So I just called myself to see. Some really happy sounding lady says "Hi, Bruce can't come to the phone right now so please leave a message"

I know I'm a bit pathetic when it comes to voice calls (I avoid them like the plague) so that works good enoough for me. :)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I just called my number to see, and it picked up my name from caller ID. In my case, it has the caller ID wrong, and calls me Carlton.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, AT&T says that the conditional call forwarding appears working on their end, so still no VVM through YouMail. But I will not give up!! I have LTE & hotspot, so vvm feels like a luxury at this point. Sure, I've had it for the past several years, but I'm enjoying this phone / WM experience too much to let that deter me.
I had the same problem as you, I was getting errors with activating my Youmail account last night, so I called ATT this morning and he said my Call Forwarding was not turned on. He turned it on, I rebooted my phone and I was able to activate my account.

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 950xl activated on Att for a few days now thanks to the bogo deal. I'm on the same build and have still not gotten vvm... Any help?

I didn't have/see an option to set it up, but once I received a voicemail, it finally asked for my passcode to setup visual VM. So maybe try leaving yourself a voicemail. (I'm on the most current software thru fast ring insiders.)

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone yesterday. VVM wouldn't work at first, but I also made the mistake of booting the phone without a sim card in it. Did a hard reset with the sim in it and upgraded to 10.0.10586.218. Voila VVM is working perfectly fine. I am on T-Mobile US if that matters.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is correct because I'm on insider slow ring and I don't have VVM....

Call your number and leave a voice mail. You will then be prompted with your VM password and VVM will show up. I've done this on two 950XLs and a 950 unlocked on AT&T.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
sorry, I forgot to mention (which I don't think makes a difference) I'm on a Canadian carrier BUT I don't even have the "settings" for VVM like the others seem to have... I'm on the slow ring... 14295.1005 and others in this thread are saying they have VVM with 10.0.10586.218 which doesn't make sense as I have a later version and no VVM.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
sorry, I forgot to mention (which I don't think makes a difference) I'm on a Canadian carrier BUT I don't even have the "settings" for VVM like the others seem to have... I'm on the slow ring... 14295.1005 and others in this thread are saying they have VVM with 10.0.10586.218 which doesn't make sense as I have a later version and no VVM.

you may be on slow ring, but you got REDSTONE poo. it should work in REDSTONE, but you are on the next Major release of Windows 10. WDRT back to factory settings, and join insider production ring....3 days later you will be good to go.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
which Canadian Carrier? if rogers, then their VVM is only for iPhone, they use to offer different VVM plans for android and Blackberry (and all other phones)but discontinued due to compatibility issue. So I am not sure the VVM plan for IPhone would compatible with W10M , since I don't think rogers 's VVM use universal/common protocol, and that is why there were different VVM plan for different phone. their VVM for android is not to native android built-in VVM either, one has to use a rogers app to read/listen the VVM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12