Visual voicemail is not available on dual SIM phones that are running Windows 10 Mobile.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't know this had been officially stated by MS. I hope WinCentral can do an explainer on why this is the case.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe any DUAL siim phones support visual voice mail. Not a thing stated in the brochures but that is its history. If you have an XL and require VVM, I would suggest you return it now and get the 950.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I run YouMail + ISeeVM on my dual SIM BLU Win HD LTE (among other phones). I actually prefer it to carrier VVM. It is portable from phone to phone, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and phone number to phone number.

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I run YouMail + ISeeVM on my dual SIM BLU Win HD LTE (among other phones). I actually prefer it to carrier VVM. It is portable from phone to phone, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and phone number to phone number.

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.

Amen sir! Been using it for years now and I would never use a carriers vvm since finding it. SO much better!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for somebody finally finding the official statement of nonfunctionality from Microsoft. Youmail + IseeVM might be fine as a workaround. But Windows Central needs to get an answer out of MS about this, and everyone who ended up with one of these dual sim phones needs to raise holy heck with Microsoft by upvotes to the feedback about it and contacting @LumiaSupport and @LumiaUS on twitter and any other methods at our disposal.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I installed IseeVM and set up a you mail account from the app, but it fails to verify the setup. For those of you who are using it, is there anything special you need to do to get it to work on a 950xl on attwireless?

Dlaw74

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
First flagship on AT&T in practically forever in terms of technology time, no visual voicemail. Ridiculous. For every step forward, it seems like Microsoft takes a step back. I recall going from WP 7 to WP 8, and Microsoft had left out a commonly used codec to listen to voicemails from your email inbox.

I find it unfathomable that not one person on any one of the design/software teams raised their hand in some meeting and pointed out that visual voicemail was an expected feature in current phones. Please tell me that someone recognized this and spoke up. I just need one person, that is it. I have to know that not everyone involved was an absolute *****.

***Mods edited my language for which the dictionary definition is: "a stupid person."

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Yea, those meetings had to be funny. Shut up Johnny, no one cares that you think VVM is important. Clearly MSFT is going for the international market and doesn't care about the US. I have a funny feeling this isn't an issue in foreign markets.

Dlaw74

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
It is available on the single SIM 950 sold by AT&T, just not on the dual SIM 950XL. Still ridiculous though. :)

Yes, it is. And if that phone drops to Microsoft store prices, I just might trade my dual sim 950 in for that one. Otherwise, I am strongly considering returning the 950 until the prices come down or, hope against hope, there is a Surface phone. Luckily I have another month to make the decision thanks to holiday return policies.

Erik Talbert

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone with the single sim XL (1085) see if VVM works on either AT&T or T-Mobile? I think most people tested these with the dual sims since that's what the US got.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.

What about security and privacy? I presume you have to hand over some credentials for these apps to access your voicemail, how do they secure their service?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What about security and privacy? I presume you have to hand over some credentials for these apps to access your voicemail, how do they secure their service?

LOL... It has been quite some time since I established there. I seem to remember a 2 step for verifying the phone number and a email confirmation deal.

Now I just use my phone number and a PIN to log in on the web or the Desktop App on 10.

Once you establish your account it is fairly normal sign in off the phone.

Here is their Privacy Policy if that helps: YouMail Privacy Policy | YouMail

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I installed IseeVM and set up a you mail account from the app, but it fails to verify the setup. For those of you who are using it, is there anything special you need to do to get it to work on a 950xl on attwireless?

Not sure why it would fail for you. I don't remember having to understand all the nuances to get it to work. Almost a click-next\read-next\read-next-test-success experience.

And yes, I am AT&T. You might just start over and try again. (Actually you can try again from within the app itself.

I wouldn't have objected if my XL WAS a single Sim device. But let me be very clear that NOT having AT&T VVM actually tuned out to be a blessing. Youmail + ISeeVM is so much more than VVM. And I can participate at any level of features that I desire now. Free-to-full featured.

I will use this product on my single SIM devices now. :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Check your People App. On my phones under "I" there were 2 entries added: ISeeVM Activate and ISeeVM Deactivate. Call the activate number.

Also inside ISeeVM > ... > settings > call setup > make sure it shows your carrier and tap the "verify your call setup" button.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Dual sim Lumias never supported VVM, even on 8.1

This being said, it doesn't mean it won't come on W10M later. Other missing features on dual sim devices: the "vibrate when call is connected" option :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo