05-05-2016 01:05 AM
80 123 ...
tools
    the source is Microsoft:

Set up and check visual voicemail - Windows Help

I didn't order a dual sim but receive one, not cool Microsoft
    12-16-2015 07:01 PM
    Thanks, I didn't know this had been officially stated by MS. I hope WinCentral can do an explainer on why this is the case.
    12-16-2015 07:35 PM
    the link is on there windows 10 mobile support web site...
    12-16-2015 07:39 PM
    I don't believe any DUAL siim phones support visual voice mail. Not a thing stated in the brochures but that is its history. If you have an XL and require VVM, I would suggest you return it now and get the 950.
    fdruid likes this.
    12-16-2015 07:46 PM
    I'm getting the feeling we don't understand each other. :D
    12-16-2015 07:52 PM
    I run YouMail + ISeeVM on my dual SIM BLU Win HD LTE (among other phones). I actually prefer it to carrier VVM. It is portable from phone to phone, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and phone number to phone number.

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.
    12-16-2015 09:58 PM
    I run YouMail + ISeeVM on my dual SIM BLU Win HD LTE (among other phones). I actually prefer it to carrier VVM. It is portable from phone to phone, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and phone number to phone number.

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.
    Amen sir! Been using it for years now and I would never use a carriers vvm since finding it. SO much better!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-16-2015 11:12 PM
    Thanks for somebody finally finding the official statement of nonfunctionality from Microsoft. Youmail + IseeVM might be fine as a workaround. But Windows Central needs to get an answer out of MS about this, and everyone who ended up with one of these dual sim phones needs to raise holy heck with Microsoft by upvotes to the feedback about it and contacting @LumiaSupport and @LumiaUS on twitter and any other methods at our disposal.
    12-16-2015 11:13 PM
    I installed IseeVM and set up a you mail account from the app, but it fails to verify the setup. For those of you who are using it, is there anything special you need to do to get it to work on a 950xl on attwireless?
    12-17-2015 04:23 AM
    First flagship on AT&T in practically forever in terms of technology time, no visual voicemail. Ridiculous. For every step forward, it seems like Microsoft takes a step back. I recall going from WP 7 to WP 8, and Microsoft had left out a commonly used codec to listen to voicemails from your email inbox.

I find it unfathomable that not one person on any one of the design/software teams raised their hand in some meeting and pointed out that visual voicemail was an expected feature in current phones. Please tell me that someone recognized this and spoke up. I just need one person, that is it. I have to know that not everyone involved was an absolute *****.

***Mods edited my language for which the dictionary definition is: "a stupid person."
    theefman and TechAbstract like this.
    12-17-2015 09:18 AM
    First flagship on AT&T in practically forever in terms of technology time, no visual voicemail. Ridiculous.
    It is available on the single SIM 950 sold by AT&T, just not on the dual SIM 950XL. Still ridiculous though. :)
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-17-2015 09:36 AM
    Yea, those meetings had to be funny. Shut up Johnny, no one cares that you think VVM is important. Clearly MSFT is going for the international market and doesn't care about the US. I have a funny feeling this isn't an issue in foreign markets.
    TechAbstract likes this.
    12-17-2015 10:04 AM
    It is available on the single SIM 950 sold by AT&T, just not on the dual SIM 950XL. Still ridiculous though. :)
    Yes, it is. And if that phone drops to Microsoft store prices, I just might trade my dual sim 950 in for that one. Otherwise, I am strongly considering returning the 950 until the prices come down or, hope against hope, there is a Surface phone. Luckily I have another month to make the decision thanks to holiday return policies.
    12-17-2015 10:06 AM
    Can anyone with the single sim XL (1085) see if VVM works on either AT&T or T-Mobile? I think most people tested these with the dual sims since that's what the US got.
    TechAbstract likes this.
    12-17-2015 12:00 PM

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.
    What about security and privacy? I presume you have to hand over some credentials for these apps to access your voicemail, how do they secure their service?
    12-17-2015 12:08 PM
    What about security and privacy? I presume you have to hand over some credentials for these apps to access your voicemail, how do they secure their service?
    LOL... It has been quite some time since I established there. I seem to remember a 2 step for verifying the phone number and a email confirmation deal.

Now I just use my phone number and a PIN to log in on the web or the Desktop App on 10.

Once you establish your account it is fairly normal sign in off the phone.

Here is their Privacy Policy if that helps: YouMail Privacy Policy | YouMail
    12-17-2015 12:28 PM
    I installed IseeVM and set up a you mail account from the app, but it fails to verify the setup. For those of you who are using it, is there anything special you need to do to get it to work on a 950xl on attwireless?
    Not sure why it would fail for you. I don't remember having to understand all the nuances to get it to work. Almost a click-next\read-next\read-next-test-success experience.

And yes, I am AT&T. You might just start over and try again. (Actually you can try again from within the app itself.

I wouldn't have objected if my XL WAS a single Sim device. But let me be very clear that NOT having AT&T VVM actually tuned out to be a blessing. Youmail + ISeeVM is so much more than VVM. And I can participate at any level of features that I desire now. Free-to-full featured.

I will use this product on my single SIM devices now. :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-17-2015 12:39 PM
    Check your People App. On my phones under "I" there were 2 entries added: ISeeVM Activate and ISeeVM Deactivate. Call the activate number.

Also inside ISeeVM > ... > settings > call setup > make sure it shows your carrier and tap the "verify your call setup" button.
    12-17-2015 03:36 PM
    Dual sim Lumias never supported VVM, even on 8.1

This being said, it doesn't mean it won't come on W10M later. Other missing features on dual sim devices: the "vibrate when call is connected" option :/
    12-17-2015 04:46 PM
    Dual sim Lumias never supported VVM, even on 8.1
    Be that as it may, it would still be nice if WinCentral can find out for us whether this will ever change. Pretty please?
    12-17-2015 04:56 PM
    Check your People App. On my phones under "I" there were 2 entries added: ISeeVM Activate and ISeeVM Deactivate. Call the activate number.

Also inside ISeeVM > ... > settings > call setup > make sure it shows your carrier and tap the "verify your call setup" button.
    I have the two entries, but when I call the Activate number, I just get the message "There was a problem with this code". Same thing happens if I open the phone app and manually dial the number.

Anybody else have this problem and figure out a way to get around it?

-Skippy
    Searcher2015 likes this.
    12-17-2015 05:11 PM
    I have the two entries, but when I call the Activate number, I just get the message "There was a problem with this code". Same thing happens if I open the phone app and manually dial the number.

-Skippy
    I gotta ask....don't be offended. You did got to YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls and setup a free account first? I only ask because I don't think you are doing anything different than everyone else that chose this VVM solution. One of my favorite things about it is that it is so obviously well thought out that enrolling is painless. Or seemingly so.

My only advice would be to uninstall the app and the contacts and start over?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-17-2015 05:18 PM
    I gotta ask....don't be offended. You did got to YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls and setup a free account first? I only ask because I don't think you are doing anything different than everyone else that chose this VVM solution. One of my favorite things about it is that it is so obviously well thought out that enrolling is painless. Or seemingly so.

My only advice would be to uninstall the app and the contacts and start over?
    Ask away, I've been known to make dumb mistakes.

Yes, I'm using an existing YouMail account I setup to use with my Palm Pre back in the day. Had to reactivate it and update my carrier to AT&T.

I really don't think uninstalling the app and the contacts would make any difference as my issue has nothing to do with the app. The problem is when I'm trying to dial the code which will setup conditional forwarding with AT&T, which is before doing anything with the app. The contacts ISeeVM adds are just for convenience so that you don't have to manually dial the long code when activating or deactivating.

However, having said all that, I'll probably delete the app and contacts and reinstall anyway. I've seen stranger things happen.

-Skippy
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-17-2015 05:32 PM
    You're a good sport. Thanks. I really don't want to come across as a know-it-all. And since you have used Youmail before, you actually understand it much better than I do.
    Wonder if previous account has any residual settings that are unintentionally nixing it on their end?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-17-2015 07:44 PM

I am having the exact same issue. It is almost as if it has set the wrong forwarding code for ATT Wireless

-Skippy
    12-18-2015 12:39 AM
80 123 ...