Audio Setting stopped work with new update!!!!

neko1302

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
URGENT:
Just I have updated AUDIO on Lumia 950xl with 10586.36

Now the setting doesn't open anymore (open and close ) and if I insert and earphone the audio become zero.
Please how can I fit?
How I can communicate with developers to fit it?
Look like that anyone tested this setting before to release in the store!!!!:angry:

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
"Please how can I fit?
How I can communicate with developers to fit it?"

Maybe try a larger size? Lol. Have you tried to reboot?

Which audio setting are you talking about?

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Same for me. There was an update to 'Audio' (that is the name in the store) today. Now under Settings -> Extras there is an item 'Equaliser' which instantly crashes upon opening, at least on many 950/XLs. Some could remedy it by uninstalling via Storage settings and reinstalling, but I think after you reboot once, you can no more uninstall it. Then you are stuck and can only hope for an update...
Maybe I will hard reset it, but on the other hand I really do not see to go through it for a setting I rarely need. Then, hard resetting is not a big deal anymore, these days ;)

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Exactly: As far as I read this update was supposed for all phones except 950 (XL). But of course it was pushed to 950 (XL) users as well and now these cannot use the equalizer anymore. I reported this via the feedback app and really hope that they will realize what they broke.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Tnx for the hint :) Tried but didnt help. But then the phone decided to start the 10586.29 download. Lets see if this upgrade solves it.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Update: Finished the update to .29. Equalizer app still instanty closing when trying to open.

Don't want to do another hard reset as I takes me hours to reimplement app settings. Only a minor part is covered by OS backup feature. Many app developers still don't use windows phone app backups. Guess I have to wait for a bug fix. Hopefully such comes.

ornery

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
My 950xl crashed every time I tried to open equalizer even after soft reset. What I did to fix it was go to Settings >Privacy>Background apps> Equaliser and turned it off .. and then did soft reset. It doesn't crash anymore and I did go back and turn on Equaliser in background. Phone will ask you to restart because of change in settings. This worked for me I don't know if it will work for anyone else... Give it a try can't hurt.. Better than hard reset

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl crashed every time I tried to open equalizer even after soft reset. What I did to fix it was go to Settings >Privacy>Background apps> Equaliser and turned it off .. and then did soft reset. It doesn't crash anymore and I did go back and turn on Equaliser in background. Phone will ask you to restart because of change in settings. This worked for me I don't know if it will work for anyone else... Give it a try can't hurt.. Better than hard reset

I tried your idea, but after as soft reboot, it showed enabled again in the background setting by itself, and it still crashed when I tried to go into the equalizer. So I went into background and disabled it, and then went into the equalizer and it worked. I then went in the background settings and reenaabled it, and the equalizer still worked. So for any of you having the issue, try disabling the equaliser (note it is misspelled on mine in the background settings), then go into extras and see if the equalizer works. If it does, go back into the background settings and enable it again and test if the equalizer still works. It seems, at least on my 950XL that I just had to have it disabled in the background app setting the first time I ran the equalizer, and then it was fine after that, even when I reenabled it in the background settings. Very strange. Thanks for the tip on looking at the background settings under privacy.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Confirmed: disabling background task, entering app, enabling background task has fully resolved it for me as well. Thank you so much!

ornery

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
They still need to fix it. After going to background task and disabling and getting it to where it doesn't crash. Doing a soft reset it will crash again. So just have to go back in background tasks again and disable Equaliser. The bug is still there, but at least it's temporary work around.

neko1302

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried your idea, but after as soft reboot, it showed enabled again in the background setting by itself, and it still crashed when I tried to go into the equalizer. So I went into background and disabled it, and then went into the equalizer and it worked. I then went in the background settings and reenaabled it, and the equalizer still worked. So for any of you having the issue, try disabling the equaliser (note it is misspelled on mine in the background settings), then go into extras and see if the equalizer works. If it does, go back into the background settings and enable it again and test if the equalizer still works. It seems, at least on my 950XL that I just had to have it disabled in the background app setting the first time I ran the equalizer, and then it was fine after that, even when I reenabled it in the background settings. Very strange. Thanks for the tip on looking at the background settings under privacy.
Thank you
Disamble background and reenable
Works again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6