Fast battery drain and warm phone since yesterday

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing the same problem? My battery started to drain super fast since last evening and the phone also stayed very warm the whole time. My wireless charger can barely keep up with the drain. I've tried restarting/soft resetting/turning phone off for an hour and still no improvements.

From what I've read this morning on the forums, it seems that there is a few of us experiencing this same problem, which also started yesterday.

No new apps were installed on my 950XL.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen as my phone was trying to pull down the .36 update. What I did was turned battery saver on and set it at the highest possible battery level (which killed all background processes including the update trying to download). I closed all tabs in Edge. I shut the phone down and let it cool off. I then plugged into the usbc fast charger, let the phone start up, and set battery saver to 25%. The update then downloaded and installed and my phone is perfect now.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i had this battery being charged slower than normal overnight also - but i think it may have been because the phone has been told to update to 10586.29, but hasnt restarted yet... might have been downloading it overnight... looking at the battery drain, it seems the Qi charger was charging at apparent slower rate or the phone was using at the same time... dont know

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
speaking of warm. went to the movies. phone off the whole movie. turned it on after and took 3 pictures and 1 10 second video and my phone got warm. like fresh off the charger warm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium