Have dublicated app icons, cannot delete the one.

anon(4880292)

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Tried search, but could not find same issue. Just finished reinstalling my 950 XL from backup, now I see the Lumia tips and help app have two icons, one is working with the right icon, the other does not work.

I can select to delete them both, but only the one with the icon actually deletes, the other is just "stuck" if I click the icon nothing really happens.

wp_ss_20151219_0002.jpg

WoodyPWX

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. There is also an app in "pending" state that has even the uninstall grayed out. Don't know either how to get rid of them both.

wp_ss_20151219_0002.jpg

anon(4880292)

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
That is strange. Ended up doing a hard reset, and restore from backup, the first thing I did after restore was delete the Lumia Help + Tips app before it was updated. Then when everything installed I went to the store and installed it manually. Now I don't have two icons.

On pending apps, I find if I click on the pending icon it takes me to the store, if I install the app, the pending icon goes away, if not try uninstalled after installed the app, reboot and then click on pending icon again and install again. That did it for me, had tree of them.

WoodyPWX

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. The pending app is now fixed. I don't want to hard reset, so I have to live with the double Lumia app for some time :(

jinzapper

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me to but what fixed it for me was I uninstalled the apps with duplicates. After restarting I downloaded all updates including the update to the store. After that, everything was resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes