10-05-2016 08:23 AM
149 1234 ...
tools
    Yes no glass works for 950XL 😒 Tried 2 already and both lifted on all corners. Don't want to wast more money, I have insurance so if the phone breaks I get a new one.
    12-27-2015 02:32 PM
    The corners on my XL are not flat.

If I use the screen as a mirror to reflect something, when this "thing" approaches the corner it becomes out of focus (curved). So it is not completely flat. It is like I am looking at the back of a spoon.
    12-27-2015 09:21 PM
    The store told me the warranty is protected from screen cracks and shatters. I also purchased an extra 1yt warranty just for this case. Anyway you shouldn't worry about scratched on g4 glasses unless you need anti glare.
    12-27-2015 10:12 PM
    I've read four different posts on here from people who have scratched the G4 glass, one of them from his keys in his pocket, so it's certainly possible, just to clear that up.

Secondly if the screen is curved then these glass protectors will never work and the companies selling them should refund for them as they are not fit for purpose , maybe something to chase up ?

As for the glass actually being bevelled at the edges and it not possible for this glass to fit, mine only lifts in one corner not all four ???

Just pouring more into the thought process here.
    12-28-2015 10:24 AM
    So I would assume the thinner the glass the better the fit assuming that means thinner is more flex.
    Simon Hefford likes this.
    12-28-2015 11:04 AM
    Hello Everybody

I have the same Problems with the lifting Edges.

Today i received this e-mail from the Glass Company.

"In addition, our recent finding that Microsoft has up to three different display suppliers. In a few of a particular supplier, the composition of the glass Sylikat is different, so that silicon of each armored glass can not form the adhesive effect. We are working on a solution"

Maybe this helps someone to understand the Problem. Sorry for my bad Englisch.
    12-28-2015 11:38 AM
    I hope for a good solution, I am too afraid to take the 950 without protection.
    12-28-2015 12:00 PM
    I just got my "Mr Shield" 950XL glass protector and it works a lot better than the previous TRU protector I had. It doesn't adhere completely around the screen, in the upper left hand corner, you can see it's not completely adhered about 2mm in on each side, about 1cm wide and 1.5cm tall. Like an inverted L. It's really not bad, compared to many others of these that I've tried and in fact it's pretty darn perfect everywhere else. I'd definitely buy again.
    12-28-2015 12:13 PM
    My 950xl has all 4 corners ever so slightly bent downwards
    i.e glass is not perfectly flat at the corners

(you can only see it looking at reflections of things in the glass
    when the phones turned off or on glance)

Im sure its just my lemon but might explain this :)
    12-28-2015 12:18 PM
    Anyone tried the Liquid Nano screen protector? Is that any good?
    12-30-2015 12:11 AM
    The Fosmon glass protector has been the best at staying down on the 4 corners for me. its a thinner glass so that may be why.
    12-30-2015 01:53 AM
    Is there a good case that has just enough "lip" that would cover edge of glass to hold down?
    12-30-2015 11:21 AM
    Four corners not flat and lifting screen protector here. I can see the curve when reflecting something, it's small but enough for glass not adhering properly.
    12-30-2015 08:16 PM
    The Fosmon glass protector has been the best at staying down on the 4 corners for me. its a thinner glass so that may be why.
    just need a few more confirmation regarding the Fosmon glass protector. is it really better at staying down ? if so i will probably get it for my phone.
    12-31-2015 01:44 AM
    Sadly the cases make the situation worse in three I have tried, they push the corners up.

I've given up on them sadly now and now put a Skinomi skin on the screen instead, again you cannot use a case with these either as it will push the skin up and wrinkle it.

I've used this skin around the entire phone and now just keep it in a leather wallet,must being very careful not to drop the phone !
    12-31-2015 06:15 AM
    I attached the StilGut glass screen protectors last night, you get 2 in a pack and we now have 2 x 950XLs in the house so had 2 attempts.

The first I fitted to my wife's 950xl which she only got on Christmas Day so hasn't seen a lot of use and this has adhered pretty well, not 100% perfect but we are only talking a few areas of maybe 1mm max where it is lifting at the moment (it is less than 24 hours since fitting though).

The second I fitted on my 950xl which I've had since the beginning of December and it didn't stick properly from the beginning in 3 of the corners (was fine around the camera corner). It isn't exactly the corners more so along the length of the phone in a semi-circle like a partial finger print starting in the corner. It also lifted slightly at the bottom edge in two places. I attempted to keep pressure on these areas for a few hours but this didn't help. I then attempted a re-fit of the screen protector but cleaning the corners even more as I was paranoid this was where I was holding the phone and I somehow caused the issue. A refit though went on exactly as before :( I've also got a Mozo case on mine but I don't think it is anything to do with the phone twisting slightly or anything, it must be the glass itself.

I wonder if the screens on the phone differ slightly if they were from different batches!?

I got these from Amazon UK but not direct, from StilGut directly. Amazon have offered a refund if I send them back but unsure about sending back a box with some used screen protectors in. I wouldn't normally bother but with delivery these came to 24 which is quite pricey for something which isn't perfect.

I also have a pack of TechGear protective films for the phone which cost less than 2 but not keen on fitting these as I don't want to compromise the feel of the phone too much.
    12-31-2015 07:53 AM
    Confirm that the screen is NOT flat. It's curved (concave-down parabolic). So, don't buy tempered glass as it will never fit the screen, unless the screen is defective by manufacturing.
    12-31-2015 10:31 PM
    Not sure it's really needed. Mine took a heavy pounding and it's fine. Gorilla glass 4 is much more flexible. You can almost feel it when sliding fingers. It's not hard glass like 3.
    12-31-2015 11:19 PM
    For the protectors blocking the iris scanner, is it OK?
    Mine did not block the scanner, but it is lifting. And when I visited AT&T store, the clerk was trying hard to push it down and I had to remind him that it's not his fault, lol.
    12-31-2015 11:30 PM
    Not sure it's really needed. Mine took a heavy pounding and it's fine. Gorilla glass 4 is much more flexible. You can almost feel it when sliding fingers. It's not hard glass like 3.
    Do not touch any metals, then your screen is fine. Mine was scratched probably by my lumia 920 within a week. My old 920 was only scratched by my keys and it was totally OK after dropping off onto tile floors for several times.
    12-31-2015 11:32 PM
    just need a few more confirmation regarding the Fosmon glass protector. is it really better at staying down ? if so i will probably get it for my phone.
    Just got Fosman...same problem. 4 corners up on mine :(
    01-01-2016 09:30 AM
    I have tried 2 glass screen protectors, ICarez and Fosman. Thought they are both excellent products, I have the same issue of the corners not sticking, so I have to agree with others that at least some 950XL screens are not completel flat. I guess I will live with the bubbles in the corners and see if anybody comes out with a glass protector that has stronger adhesive.
    01-01-2016 03:48 PM
    Just an update on my experience. This is a Supershieldz protector and Cimo Premium case installed on 12/18/2015. I previously posted on 12/23/2015 showing a little lift in the upper left corner. See Post #18. This is the lift state today. Little, if any, change:

lumia950xl_cornerlift_20160102.jpg
    01-02-2016 03:55 PM
    Thanks for the update
    01-03-2016 08:22 AM
    I think there is no need to protect the screen. pasting something on it is ugly. smartphone screens seldom damaged in normal use.
    01-03-2016 09:34 AM
149 1234 ...