10-05-2016 08:23 AM
149 ... 23456
tools
    After broking of screen I realized it must have protector like Tampered glass for my local branded phone
    Micromax Canvas A1 Clear Screen Guard
    For nokia X dual
    FrossKin Tempered Glass For Nokia X Dual SIM: Amazon.in: Electronics
    04-22-2016 04:37 AM
    Originally posted by Simon Hefford
    Hi and please excuse me if this post has been covered but I could not find anything in the accessories thread.

Has anyone bought any yet and found one that is not lifting in the corners?
    I have read many reviews of some of Amazon and the like but all have had bad reviews, either for lifting in the corners or covering up the proximity sensor by not have a cut out made in the glass!
    I was hoping to find one by the company 'Ankor' which supplied one for my iPad and it's quality is top notch but sadly they have none in the market.

I would appreciate anyone who has bought and used on of these on there phone to comment and maybe post pictures.

Why have I got to this question, well I bought a Skinomi skin for my 930 and that was brilliant so I tried it on the 950xl and initially it was ok until I fitted my TUDIA rubber case, which fits great BUT it pushes the edges of the screen skin up and has wrinkled it all around :(

So the two products alone are great but together I have encountered an issue, yes yes I know what you might say but I'm not risking my phone not being in a case, I did not realise the glass on this phone was going to be so exposed unlike the 930!

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Btw I'm a noob to this forum so be nice and to add a twist, I work for Apple but I'm not a zombie , I own an iMac, iPad, Surface RT (yea thanks for that dead end MS) and my 930 and 950, I love all forms of tech and find both operating systems a joy to use for various functions, so anyone interested in MS\Apple battles, your wasted on me.

Happy Christmas everyone, now find me a decent tempered glass

Regards Simon
    04-23-2016 12:20 PM
    Yep, I concur, my Nillkin was purchased this way, and is still perfect after about 2 weeks use now, I HIGHLY recommend it.
    I have zero edge peel or bubbles, at this stage, and I clean mine occasionally with a screen wipe, no issues.
    I also use a TPU surround case, which as many of you know, can be detrimental to the edge of a screen protector, but the Nillkin is designed to be about a mm or so back from the edge, and is unaffected by the case, so far...

-pete
    04-23-2016 03:18 PM
    I have ordered the Nillkin from nillkin.org
    04-23-2016 03:46 PM
    I had tempered glass on my 950xl when I dropped it.

Fuggin tempered glass did not break but the actual screen underneath it did!!!!

So as far as I am concerned tempered glass is a waste.
    04-25-2016 10:54 AM
    Tried the Ultimate shield tempered glass and, although their top notch quality, it also doesn't work :(

wp_20160425_17_27_14_pro.jpg

fortunately their attention to the customer is 5 stars, and they will refund me (I always used their products in the past...with success). A very good brand...but for our 950Xl... the same problem.

Next...I will try the Nillkin mentioned above.
    04-26-2016 07:10 AM
    Nilikin works!
    rishm likes this.
    04-26-2016 09:19 AM
    Can confirm the Nillkin part. I am actually buying several of them.
    I am using the second one (because the first one was scratched out of box). The first one would stik to all edges perfectly. The second one is showing a SMALL imperfection on the upper left edge. I found that by simply having a rubberband warpped around it over night, it will kind of stay on. The reason is, that the Nillkin Glass is REALLY only 0,2mm thin. Not like the imposters claiming it and sending you a plain old 0,33mm glass ;)

Besides that, the touch of the Nillkin is sensational - better than original. It is only such a pitty that they are using such a weird shape. It would most certainly not be a problem to have at most the proximity sensor excluded. The left hole for the iris scanner light is 100% not necessary, also the iris scanner camera and front camera would 100% be fine under the glass. So it could use a much nicer shape. Unfortunately I think I will not be successful recommending them to do so...

Still, I can recommend the Nillkin Glass protector for the Lumia 950XL.
    04-26-2016 10:50 AM
    Nilikin out of stock, apparently I was told this one would work too:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Prot...pUvbUpU3471802
    04-26-2016 02:32 PM
    Get a Copter Exoglass and get on with your life. ;D
    Last edited by Michkol; 04-27-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    04-27-2016 04:22 AM
    I have Mr Shield ordered Amazon. It sometimes comes up on the corn but I push the it back down. I had some other brand that was awful. But really like the Mr. Shield one. If I hold my phone toward the light to me it looks like the corners are not flat so I actaully didn't think any glass screen protector would work.
    04-28-2016 07:59 AM
    As noted above, the Nillkin is in reality slimmer than the regular ones - not just on paper like so many. It is working for me.
    04-29-2016 05:28 AM
    For those of you having an issue with the edges coming up, have you tried using a hair dryer on low heat? Hold it over the protector once you have it attached for about 5-10 minutes with slow sweeping motions (must be done immediately after applying). It worked great for a Mr Shield that I used on one of my previous phones (I had used others on it and they would come up so thought I would try applying heat right after I get it installed, seems to help).

That being said, it sounds like the Nillkin is the one to get although I prefer the glass protectors to be .33 vs .2 thickness.
    04-29-2016 11:41 AM
    Nillkin design seems better as it keeps the Iris and proximity sensor open - I picked up Vipar and the Iris, proximity sensor (for calls and Glance) don't work. Iris is covered and I think that adds to the lag and more failures to detect.

I am waiting for the Nillkin stock to show up in India.
    04-29-2016 01:24 PM
    Get a Copter Exoglass and get on with your life. ;D
    More like can't buy an accessory that doesn't exist with poor availability and get on with your life.
    04-30-2016 05:19 AM
    Stupid question: Is tempered glass easy to remove whenever I want to do so? Any problems with residue or ruining the phone's actual glass underneath?

Also, was the conclusion here that only the Nillkin protectors worked the way they should?

Thanks
    Last edited by hasasimo; 04-30-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    04-30-2016 09:09 PM
    these are waste of money. they fit on 950xl or 640xl. don't bother
    04-30-2016 10:00 PM
    Ordered the Nillkin from AliExpress. Hope it gets here fast!
    04-30-2016 11:50 PM
    Stupid question: Is tempered glass easy to remove whenever I want to do so? Any problems with residue or ruining the phone's actual glass underneath?
    Also, was the conclusion here that only the Nillkin protectors worked the way they should?
    Thanks
    Yes, easy to remove, no messing up.
    Yes, working best of all tried glass ones (and I tried many, believe me).
    hasasimo likes this.
    05-02-2016 10:36 AM
    The Incipio tempered glass product that is sold for <edit: $35> at the Microsoft Store works well for my 950XL with almost no issues ("almost" because a speck of dirt somehow snuck under a corner and does cause intermittent air bubbles that I smooth out easily enough).

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=5AnirQMT
    Last edited by GrayW0lf; 05-02-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    hasasimo likes this.
    05-02-2016 10:51 AM
    The Incipio tempered glass product that is sold for $20 at the Microsoft Store works well for my 950XL with almost no issues ("almost" because a speck of dirt somehow snuck under a corner and does cause intermittent air bubbles that I smooth out easily enough).
    Interesting. I considered trying the Incipio one but a post on Page 1 of this thread said it lifted at the corners. Not to mention several reported issues in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...protector.html
    05-02-2016 11:11 AM
    05-02-2016 11:59 AM
    Interesting. I considered trying the Incipio one but a post on Page 1 of this thread said it lifted at the corners. Not to mention several reported issues in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...protector.html
    "The MS one is the Incipio Plex. It comes with an alignment template that could work as a bumper case after installing the glass. The glass protector itself doesnt sit completely flush on the screen, the top left edges around the Hello light and bottom left corner doesn't seal completely, though I might be at fault for the bottom left corner having trapped a piece of dust in there. It is very minor and not noticeable with daily use."

That pretty well describes my experience. It's a great screen protector and has a snap-on alignment tool that helps with the application. Bottom line: different folks will have different results based on the installation area. The cleaner/clearer the installation area (and screen) is, the better the end result. :)
    05-02-2016 03:43 PM
    Bought Mr. Shield and my right side corners dont stick well.

I think the problem is our phone and not the protector.

Bought Mr. Shield for my wifes LG G4 at the same time as my 950xl. Hers sticks perfectly.
    05-03-2016 11:15 AM
    The store told me the warranty is protected from screen cracks and shatters. I also purchased an extra 1yt warranty just for this case. Anyway you shouldn't worry about scratched on g4 glasses unless you need anti glare.
    The manufacturer warranty does NOT cover screen cracks and shatters... "Microsoft Complete" and Warranty are NOT the same things.
    05-04-2016 05:54 PM
149 ... 23456