10-05-2016 07:23 AM
149 ... 3456
tools
    I have ordered the Nillkin from nillkin.org
    I have purchased over 6 different screen protectors. The NillKin is the only one that attempts to work. Don't buy any others. 4 Corners are down, with just a little up in the top left because I didn't get it perfectly in the middle of the glass, but still 1000X better than any other protector.
    Corwin_Amber1 likes this.
    05-06-2016 08:12 AM
    Maybe for new phones, they have ironed out the fact that the screens are NOT flat. I wouldn't bother with anything other than the NILKIN. I think many phones don't have flat screens.
    Last edited by peashooter14; 05-09-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    05-06-2016 08:14 AM
    Same here, peashooter, I tried many, also some which claimed to be 0.26mm thick - none were so far, only the Nillkin.

And now the pro part: Before applying (and before removing the film, grab a black, permanent Edding pen and carefully paint the edges black. This way, the bright edge of the glass protector is a lot less bright, the protector is a lot less visible. I wonder, why manufacturers are not doing this.
    sst154 likes this.
    05-06-2016 11:45 AM
    Ordered a couple of the Nillkin covers today. My new XL is gonna be unprotected for 3 weeks or so... Waiting for all this stuff to arrive from China. It is kinda crazy the lack of support for this device.
    05-06-2016 01:24 PM
    I'm still at 100% with my Nillkin protector, over a month now, as an update, not even a sign that the edges might peel.

On the G4 glass, it WILL scratch, if you happen to get something harder on your finger. Say if you're messing with some sand and have some fine granitic particles on your fingertip, these will easily scratch the screen. It's tough stuff, but not "un-scratchable" ;-]
    05-06-2016 04:05 PM
    ^
    Better the protector than the actual display I guess. I got the Nillkin one as well. Ordered it from Ali Express since it's basically sold out or takes forever to ship from Ebay or Amazon right now. Got here pretty quickly but man is it a ***** to get on straight without getting any fingerprints on the corners. The good news is there's no signs of it lifting at the corners, though I literally just got them on the two 950 XLs I'm setting up.
    Last edited by hasasimo; 05-07-2016 at 12:42 AM.
    05-06-2016 10:17 PM
    And now the pro part: Before applying (and before removing the film, grab a black, permanent Edding pen and carefully paint the edges black. This way, the bright edge of the glass protector is a lot less bright, the protector is a lot less visible. I wonder, why manufacturers are not doing this.
    No disrespect, but I have to ask... Is this something that others are doing? First I've read on it and still waiting on my Nillkin to arrive.

Thanks!
    05-09-2016 07:23 AM
    No disrespect, but I have to ask... Is this something that others are doing? First I've read on it and still waiting on my Nillkin to arrive.

Thanks!
    I have to confess that I am totally OCD about this topic. I tried so many protection solutions - liquids, plastic, glass. This is, where I settled. Of course you are welcome to ask, no offense taken.
    So, Actually I have no idea if anybody does this. But as a matter of fact, the outer edges are now quite invisible, as the light which is usually illuminating the edges of a glass (any glass, by the way) is not not or less visible, as I painted it black with a black permanent marker before applying it (with the protective film still there). YMMMV, but it certainly works for me. I made a picture. To the lkeft is the Nillkin on the Lumia 950XL. To the right is the same Glass on another tablet, also attached normally, not just lying there. One, you can see the edges, one not.
    img_3396-kopie.jpg
    Y C Neo likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:55 AM
    I'm still at 100% with my Nillkin protector, over a month now, as an update, not even a sign that the edges might peel.

On the G4 glass, it WILL scratch, if you happen to get something harder on your finger. Say if you're messing with some sand and have some fine granitic particles on your fingertip, these will easily scratch the screen. It's tough stuff, but not "un-scratchable" ;-]
    can you reapply the same filter, I didn't nail mine perfectly and want to reapply but am afraid it will lose its stickiness?
    05-09-2016 02:39 PM
    It will not loose the stickyness but there is a great possibility to get dust / dirt trapped underneath. As the adhesion is from static, dust and small particles are getting attracted fairly easily. You need to do it in a cleanroom ;)
    05-10-2016 10:32 AM
    Placed my order today for the Nillkin. I just took off and trashed my bubbled/lifting protector. Amazon-prime to the rescue. I can live tomorrow without it.
    05-16-2016 09:03 PM
    Here is the Nillkin on my 950XL. Sorry for the bright flash, but I wanted to make sure that you all see how well it fits.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20160516_210744.jpg  
    Y C Neo likes this.
    05-16-2016 09:09 PM
    I'm using nillkin on my 950xl. Fits perfectly. No lifting, no bubbling.
    05-16-2016 11:49 PM
    I have to confess that I am totally OCD about this topic. I tried so many protection solutions - liquids, plastic, glass. This is, where I settled. Of course you are welcome to ask, no offense taken.
    So, Actually I have no idea if anybody does this. But as a matter of fact, the outer edges are now quite invisible, as the light which is usually illuminating the edges of a glass (any glass, by the way) is not not or less visible, as I painted it black with a black permanent marker before applying it (with the protective film still there). YMMMV, but it certainly works for me. I made a picture. To the lkeft is the Nillkin on the Lumia 950XL. To the right is the same Glass on another tablet, also attached normally, not just lying there. One, you can see the edges, one not.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3396 - Kopie.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	126091
    And I will make your OCD worst by saying that you forgot to mark/paint the edges of the IR light on the left haha. Looks great anyway, good idea
    05-17-2016 05:09 AM
    And I will make your OCD worst by saying that you forgot to mark/paint the edges of the IR light on the left haha. Looks great anyway, good idea
    Actually I could not stand the glass any more ;) And no, I did not forget it but did not want to mess the glass up and did not seem to have a fitting pen. However I took if off again, as the loss of contrast in bright light was too much for me.

But seriously, the effect is quite dramatic, looking at the pictures. I really wonder, why the manufacturers aren't doing it a smart way in the (glass protector) factory.
    sst154 likes this.
    05-17-2016 10:03 AM
    Nillkin came in today... I'll be giving this a shot tonight.
    05-17-2016 01:25 PM
    Actually I could not stand the glass any more ;) And no, I did not forget it but did not want to mess the glass up and did not seem to have a fitting pen. However I took if off again, as the loss of contrast in bright light was too much for me.

But seriously, the effect is quite dramatic, looking at the pictures. I really wonder, why the manufacturers aren't doing it a smart way in the (glass protector) factory.
    So you took the Nillikin off? Howcome?
    05-17-2016 03:29 PM
    Just bought the Nillkin from Amazon for $12.99, which is the most I've ever spent on a screen protector BTW. I could have gotten it for $9 on ebay but decided that it was worth the extra $4 to get it in 2 days via prime than a month from China.

Hope it works better then the $3 one I got on ebay. That one was lifting up so bad on the edges that I complained to the seller and they sent me a new one. Same issue of course. Don't know how they can sell these if they don't work. Guess enough people just eat the cost so it's still profitable for them to sell junk.
    05-17-2016 08:24 PM
    I got one from Microsoft store but I didn't like it . I think I will remove it soon.i think it was 39 or something
    05-17-2016 08:39 PM
    So you took the Nillikin off? Howcome?
    As I said, I could not stand it anymore. No fault on the products side, it is great and I will still recommend it :)
    05-18-2016 03:05 AM
    As I said, I could not stand it anymore. No fault on the products side, it is great and I will still recommend it :)

Thanks bud, trying to understand what about it you couldn't stand anymore.. I would like to order one but gotta make sure before hand as the shipping is very expensive to South africa..
    05-18-2016 04:19 AM
    Thanks bud, trying to understand what about it you couldn't stand anymore.. I would like to order one but gotta make sure before hand as the shipping is very expensive to South africa..
    It is on top. Has edges, is visible. Problem lies in my eyes. As I said, it is as good as it will get.
    If the shipping is expensive, I would get several ;)
    05-18-2016 04:46 AM
    It is on top. Has edges, is visible. Problem lies in my eyes. As I said, it is as good as it will get.
    If the shipping is expensive, I would get several ;)
    Haha thanks :), I will order some :)
    05-18-2016 10:55 AM
    More like can't buy an accessory that doesn't exist with poor availability and get on with your life.
    wow...
    05-21-2016 09:55 AM
    iCarez purchased fro Amazon worked great. No issue whatsoever and great instructions for install on the 950XL
    05-23-2016 03:47 PM
149 ... 3456