10-05-2016 08:23 AM
149 ... 456
tools
    +100 for the Nilkin, IME this is the ONLY one that's thin enough to keep from peeling, with the slight curvature of the 950XL.
    Mine is a few months now, zero issues on the edges or elsewhere, not even a tiny bit of bubbling or peeling, anywhere.
    I have one of the TPU cases too, that "edges" up against the protector, also not an issue, with my Nilkin install.
    05-23-2016 06:29 PM
    The curves exist by design. They are in every 950XL. It is probably the result of the way the phone is assembled. The corners are pulled back. This is also the cause of the squeaking sound in some of the back covers. I had my first 950XL replaced within 5 minutes as it made sound when I grabbed it hard. Thankfully, I had not left the store yet, so they just gave me another set without a "warranty replacement".
    09-08-2016 10:38 AM
    I use a Mr. Shield, and use the adhesive hinges to apply mine now. I have no lifting, and even though I've dripped this last one, and cracked it, the screen looks cracked because there's no lift, and the cutouts for every sensor are perfectly matched
    09-09-2016 01:26 PM
    Wow, just put on that Nilikin one...

Impressive! Thank you forum for the good advice.
    Scienceguy Labs and aximtreo like this.
    09-20-2016 06:21 PM
    Wow, just put on that Nilikin one...

Impressive! Thank you forum for the good advice.
    Ordered the Nilikin yesterday.
    gbobman and aximtreo like this.
    09-20-2016 07:10 PM
    I tried several but the imperfect corners on 950xl cause them to peel up and get messy
    09-20-2016 07:38 PM
    I got the Incipio PLEX SHIELD Works Great. Very simple to apply, fool prove even.
    Then I relised I needed camera protection. I visited a local phone store and asked for a cheap tempered glass screen and that I wanted to cut it up, Very high insight on the shop assistant, she informed me that glass is to brittle to cut, but try a plastic option. So I bought a iPhone 6s plastic cover.
    A Euro 50 cent coin is a perfect match as a template, to cut up the iPhone protector.
    mary beth hale and aximtreo like this.
    09-20-2016 08:21 PM
    Share your experience, if you don't mind :)

The language barrier was...interesting. Didn't realize there was the lens plastic shield in there too.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:10 PM

The language barrier was...interesting. Didn't realize there was the lens plastic shield in there too.
    Looking forward to it. Coming from China though, so who knows when I'll get it.
    09-21-2016 10:29 PM
    Looking forward to it. Coming from China though, so who knows when I'll get it.
    Oh! Hope it was cheaper. I got it for $14 from Amazon but had Prime shipping.
    09-22-2016 11:16 AM
    Oh! Hope it was cheaper. I got it for $14 from Amazon but had Prime shipping.
    $8.99 on eBay but will probably take forever to arrive.
    gbobman likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:49 PM
    I bought a few tempered glass protectors. This Nilkin is the only one that didn't lift and leave grey patches all over the place......

https://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Scree...pUvbUpU3569311

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...pUvbUpU3569311
    eKeith and mary beth hale like this.
    09-27-2016 02:02 PM
    Well, my Nillkin gets here tomorrow. Have trashed 2 others (different brands) so far because they looked so awful. Been using tempered glass protectors for years but all of the sudden I'm nervous about putting this one on. Fingers crossed.
    09-28-2016 08:44 PM
    Hey guys seems like the Nillkin is the way to go. Just bought my 950 XL a few days ago off eBay new.. excited to get it! I also purchased 2 MOZO cases. So my question is do you guys know if the mozo case and the nillkin will cause any type of issues working together?

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lum...pUvbUpU3570072

I'm using these in which the whole back comes off and seems to even replace the volume/power buttons etc.

Thanks~
    09-28-2016 09:52 PM
    There isn't enough mass to the Nillkin to interfere with anything. I have a case that comes over the lip to the outsides of the glass and even that doesn't matter. Your Mozo case shouldn't even contact the screen.
    09-29-2016 06:01 PM

O...M...G...why did I throw money away getting the other 2 brands? Applied the Nillkin a few minutes ago. Not a corner lift or bubble in sight. Beautiful! LOL you were right about the language barrier trying to navigate instructions. Would have missed the lens protector had you not mentioned it.
    Thanks to this thread for helping me get it right...finally!
    Last edited by mary beth hale; 09-29-2016 at 08:42 PM.
    gordonfink and gbobman like this.
    09-29-2016 08:31 PM
    Hey guys seems like the Nillkin is the way to go. Just bought my 950 XL a few days ago off eBay new.. excited to get it! I also purchased 2 MOZO cases. So my question is do you guys know if the mozo case and the nillkin will cause any type of issues working together?

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lum...pUvbUpU3570604

I'm using these in which the whole back comes off and seems to even replace the volume/power buttons etc.

Thanks~
    Just applied the Nillkin and thrilled with results. I have a Tudia case and the lip comes up a bit around the screen. Didn't hurt the screen protector at all so you should be fine.
    gordonfink and Dreamagain like this.
    09-29-2016 08:44 PM
    Ordered another Nillkin for a backup. Completely satisfied.
    gbobman likes this.
    09-30-2016 10:45 AM
    Mr. Shield was terrible in May when I tried it on the 950XL but hesitatingly I ordered it for my Lumia 950 last week. Fits flawlessly and no issues whatsoever. I ordered Mr. Shield again for the 950XL, it just got delivered a few minutes back. I will post the results later.

wp_20160927_11_33_42_pro.jpg
    09-30-2016 03:16 PM
    So I bought an H+ off Amazon. It came, I read directions. Followed them perfectly. At first I was like wow no bubbles great! Then I noticed this scratch. I was upset I already scratched my phone. I took off the tempered glass protector to inspect it but couldn't see anything. Then I realized it was on the bottom of my screen protector. I really don't think I was the one who did the scratching. Do you think I could get a replacement one or just suffer the loss and buy a new?
    10-03-2016 07:04 PM
    So I bought an H+ off Amazon. It came, I read directions. Followed them perfectly. At first I was like wow no bubbles great! Then I noticed this scratch. I was upset I already scratched my phone. I took off the tempered glass protector to inspect it but couldn't see anything. Then I realized it was on the bottom of my screen protector. I really don't think I was the one who did the scratching. Do you think I could get a replacement one or just suffer the loss and buy a new?
    Amazon is great about returns. Definitely get a new one.
    10-03-2016 08:40 PM
    I finally dropped my lumia 950 xl it was a bad drop. luckily I had nillkin case and a cheap glass screen protector that I hated because the corners didn't stick and finally it broke. and while a had a spare nillkin glass protector in my drawer I have to agree that it sticks well to all the corners. when I applied the nillkin protector the edges didn't stick by themselves. a slight tap did the trick it's been an hour and all is good.
    10-04-2016 08:03 PM
    I have a new 950XL and I'm facing this same problem with all tempered glasses I tried. The corners just don't stick to the screen.

I already purchased the ones from Nillkin, they will arrive in the end of the month ... I'm a little afraid they do the same. Let's pray!
    10-05-2016 05:24 AM
    Hi Rexobias.

I have tried all the tempered glass screen protectors and they all lift but my Nillkin glass proctector came yesterday, I fitted it on and Wow it's amazing. Trust me it is 100% it has no lifting at all. Wish I got this one first time around instead of wasting money on all the other protectors !!
    10-05-2016 08:23 AM
149 ... 456